What Video Games Have You Been Playing VII: The Real Ending is Locked Behind a Paywall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but Byzantium in 1399 (as it was in EU3) is one thing; by 1444 (as in EU4) the challenge is quite a bit steeper. You're down to three provinces plus one vassal, you're surrounded by the Ottomans who are extremely strong and they WILL be coming for you, your army is hopelessly much weaker than them, and getting alliances with more powerful nations is difficult. Fortunately your navy is still quite OK and the AI has blind and dumb spots.

Iirc in MEIOU the Byz start with 3 provinces (at most) as well. Not that this matters much; different game. But the ottomans also control the balkans, so the mod starts after the collapse of Serbia (maybe after they are even fully annexed; Bulgaria certainly has been annexed at the start).

Undoubtedly when people start enjoying the game and don't want to give it up.

They reduced the number of points needed to buy special characters by 75%. Originally some beta tester person estimated it would take 40 hours of play time on average to unlock luke and vader, now that's down to 10 hours per, average. So still quite a long time to unlock every toon but anyone hooked on the game ought to be able to get the ones they want.

They reduced the number of points needed to buy special characters by 75%. Originally some beta tester person estimated it would take 40 hours of play time on average to unlock luke and vader, now that's down to 10 hours per, average. So still quite a long time to unlock every toon but anyone hooked on the game ought to be able to get the ones they want.

They reduced the credits needed for heroes, but didn't they also reduce the credit rewards you get ?

They reduced the credits needed for heroes, but didn't they also reduce the credit rewards you get ?
Copypasta from the rants thread:

They pretended to make the game less of a grind by lowering the amount of credits/currency needed to advance.

They undermined this by concurrently lowering the amount of credits/currency you can earn through game play by basically the same amount.

Basically, they did nothing to fix the problem and applied a cosmetic solution that didn't change the fundamentals and mislead everyone about it to make it look like they fixed the game. They have temporarily suspended microtransactions but well, temporary is temporary.

But they aren't. :-(

They suspended it temporarily and will reinstate it when things quiet down, they have said as much.

I'm guessing when they come back though, it will be for cosmetics only, kinda like how it is done in Overwatch.

So you guys know how everyone fawns all over CD Projekt Red because they focus on creating great games rather than monetization like other big developers? Yeah...well their next big release "Cyberpunk 2077" is going to be more "commercially focused" due to the "increased investment" the company is sinking into the game's development according to CD Projekt Red's CEO.

Looks like the developer that everyone touts as the last beacon of light in Triple A gaming has finally gone over to the dark side. Of course can you really blame them when they see companies like EA still making money hand-over-fist off microtransactions, season passes, and loot boxes despite all the outrage from the gaming community over such practices?

So you guys know how everyone fawns all over CD Projekt Red because they focus on creating great games rather than monetization like other big developers? Yeah...well their next big release "Cyberpunk 2077" is going to be more "commercially focused" due to the "increased investment" the company is sinking into the game's development according to CD Projekt Red's CEO.

Looks like the developer that everyone touts as the last beacon of light in Triple A gaming has finally gone over to the dark side. Of course can you really blame them when they see companies like EA still making money hand-over-fist off microtransactions, season passes, and loot boxes despite all the outrage from the gaming community over such practices?

We'll see. I facepalmed when I heard that Witcher 3 would get a season pass, but the game itself had so much to offer, and the expansions were so large and fairly priced that it really wasn't a problem. It's a bit concerning that they'll include "online elemts" to ensure "long-term success" (tacked on multiplayer?), but they've earned my trust in the past.

Iirc in MEIOU the Byz start with 3 provinces (at most) as well. Not that this matters much; different game. But the ottomans also control the balkans, so the mod starts after the collapse of Serbia (maybe after they are even fully annexed; Bulgaria certainly has been annexed at the start).

Speaking of idiotic Ottoman/Byzantium tricks; in EU4 it's possible to start out as the Ottomans, conquer Byzantium right away (as one does), conquer Wallachia and a bit of Moldavia and some of eastern Hungary; at this point the majority of your population is Orthodox, and you can provoke an Orthodox rebellion and cave to their demands and change your state religion. With a bit of admin work you can change your primary culture to Romanian, and (since you have the necessary provinces) become the nation of Romania. A little bit more culture shifting, and you can have Greek as your primary culture instead -- and at this point you are an Orthodox Greek nation with all the necessary provinces to reform Byzantium, so bam, you can be Byzantium instead. With all the Ottoman territory, and their quite frankly superior early-game military units. This can all be done within about thirty or so years of gameplay. It is obscene, and incredibly fun.

So word is that Bethesda did a solid job of VR'ing Skyrim. That's probably the first VR game that's got me left wanting a Playstation VR set. I've only got one playthrough in Skyrim so I reckon I've got another one more in me given the chance. VR is still too expensive given how much (or little) I'd use it but if I come across a good deal on the used marked then perhaps perhaps. We'll see.

It would be nice if they let you transfer saves between any of the different versions of the game. There's only so many times I want to start from scratch again and abandon everything I've built up.

It would be nice if they let you transfer saves between any of the different versions of the game. There's only so many times I want to start from scratch again and abandon everything I've built up.

Skyrim is probably the one game I've restarted the most (not counting strategy campaigns like Civ, Xcom or Total War).
I want to roleplay a bit, try different characters with different stuff. I did the Thieves guild questline with a klepto-cat, the companions with an Orc warrior who doesn't use any magic, the Winterhold College with a Breton who doesn't use weapons or armor, and the Assassin quests with a psychotic Wood Elf who focuses on archery and illusion.

Still haven't finished the main quest, and probably never will...

Skyrim is probably the one game I've restarted the most (not counting strategy campaigns like Civ, Xcom or Total War).
I want to roleplay a bit, try different characters with different stuff. I did the Thieves guild questline with a klepto-cat, the companions with an Orc warrior who doesn't use any magic, the Winterhold College with a Breton who doesn't use weapons or armor, and the Assassin quests with a psychotic Wood Elf who focuses on archery and illusion.

Well... good for you, but it would be nice to have the option to transfer a character nonetheless.

x2

That's how i play ALL Bethesda games. Fallout 3 is the only one i ever finished, except for the mothership zeta add on...

Payday 2 now has a VR component and unlike Bethesda it's FREE

Downloading as we speak.

Before that I've been playing like 60 hours of Crossout, it's addicting and this recent patch fixed (almost) everything wrong with it

So word is that Bethesda did a solid job of VR'ing Skyrim. That's probably the first VR game that's got me left wanting a Playstation VR set. I've only got one playthrough in Skyrim so I reckon I've got another one more in me given the chance. VR is still too expensive given how much (or little) I'd use it but if I come across a good deal on the used marked then perhaps perhaps. We'll see.

Word is Bethesda also blocked the Skyrim Co-op Mod from being released on the Steam Workshop. While no reason was given for this, the most likely answer is Bethesda is planning their own Co-op DLC for Skyrim that they are going to try to sell to people and so they don't want people to have a free alternative.

I'd say this, coupled with the whole Creation Club fiasco, now solidifies Bethesda's position as officially being worse than EA now.

Word is Bethesda also blocked the Skyrim Co-op Mod from being released on the Steam Workshop. While no reason was given for this, the most likely answer is Bethesda is planning their own Co-op DLC for Skyrim that they are going to try to sell to people and so they don't want people to have a free alternative.

I'd say this, coupled with the whole Creation Club fiasco, now solidifies Bethesda's position as officially being worse than EA now.
I guess that's lame but it is really annoying when somebody builds that wonders just before you manage to construct your own..

Slight overreaction. It's not like they make you buy all the best armour with real money. Or even give you that option. (Dunno about TES online of course.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom