• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

What We Know About Brave New World

At the end of Maddjinn's live stream he showed us several things.

1. The new carrier promotions, Flight Deck 1, 2 & 3, all add +1 aircraft slot. So a carrier with all 3 promotions can carry 6 aircraft.
  2. The new Wolfpack 1, 2 & 3 naval promotions. Each gives a 25% bonus to attack strength.
  3. The Civilopedia entry for the Great Galleass shows it is classified as a ranged naval unit just like the normal galleass. It only has the "cannot enter ocean" promotion. It did not have the "cannot melee attack" promotion. Therefore it is a hybrid ship that can use both ranged and melee attacks.

Iron is now revealed at Bronze working.

Also seen on Maddjinn's stream is an addition to Iroquois' UA.

"Units move through Forest and Jungle in friendly territory as if they were Roads. These tiles can be used to established City Connections upon researching The Wheel. Caravans move along Forest and Jungle as if they were Roads."

It's a separate statement, so it implies that their caravans can use forest and jungles as roads even* outside of their territory.

It's not clear what benefit this has - It's similar to the still unresolved (afaik) speculation about whether or not England's sea trade units would get extra movement and if they did whether it boosts trade or just allows them to flee from danger better.

*Missed a word, and thanks Monthar & MD for clarifying what good it is, I missed that part.

In part 1 of the videos when he was establishing the first trade route he did mention that you can extend the distance the land trade route can go by building roads towards the city you want to establish trade with, even if the road doesn't go all the way there.

I'm fairly certain the caravans would also be limited to just the forest and jungles in Iroquois territory for the road movement bonus.

The list has been updated, and please this is not a discussion thread

Noticed that Red Fort still is missing its effect. It's the exact same as the old Kremlin effect (+25% defensive strength).

You also don't have all the changes in Honor listed. You are missing:
  • Warrior Code, on top of the current bonus also gives this: Great Generals are earned 25% faster.
  • Professional Army, on top of the current bonus also gives: construct Barracks, Armories, and Military Academies 50% faster

A couple of other things about the Pathfinder MadDjinn pointed out in his live stream.
  • After 3 ruins the list resets allowing you to retake something already taken.
  • Picking the unit upgrade choice upgrades the Pathfinder to a Composite Bowman instead of an Archer.

A couple of other things about the Pathfinder MadDjinn pointed out in his live stream.
  • After 3 ruins the list resets allowing you to retake something already taken.

One note:

'3' was more of a 'guesstimate'. It might actually be 4 or 5. :blush: The end effect though is that you can stick with all positive ruin choices and never need the maps or barb locations.

From MadDjinn's video(about 53 minutes into the video Beyond The Monument 20-2):

On Great Musicians, Concert Tour strength is 10 X the Tourism/turn of the turn the Great Musician was born.

Tooltip for "Perform Concert Tour Tab":

"This order will consume the Great Person and will spread a large quantity of Tourism to the civilization where the Muscian is located. Other civs in the game also receive 20% of this Tourism".

On Public Opinion, Unhappiness penalties:
Content: 0
Dissidents: Greater of 1 Unhappiness per city OR 1 Unhappiness per 10 population
Civil Resistance: Greater of 2 Unhappiness per city OR 1 Unhappiness per 5 population
Revolutionary Wave: Greater of 4 Unhappiness per city OR 1 Unhappiness per 3 population

Lake Victoria, Mt. Kilimanjaro, and King Solomon's Mines are all new Natural Wonders

The Level 3 Freedom Tenet, Treaty Organization, has been changed to apply to CS you have trade route with instead of CS you pledged to protect. Source is MadDjinn video.

Strength of an Impi : 26

Burial Tomb has 1 Great Works slot

Only in the Scramble for Africa scenario, I'm afraid. The Impi might also have a strength of 26 in the main game, but the Burial Tomb does NOT have a Great Work slot in the main game (that I can find - if I'm wrong, I'm sorry for the false info).

EDIT: The Impi also doesn't have 26 Strength in the main game.

Only in the Scramble for Africa scenario, I'm afraid. [..] but the Burial Tomb does NOT have a Great Work slot in the main game (that I can find - if I'm wrong, I'm sorry for the false info).

Oh, okay. Also, I've notice that caravans can go inside another civ's or CS's city

The Arabia UA keeps the double Oil resource. Confirmed in MadDjinn's Beyond the Monument 20-1.

Reveal iron on the map moved from Iron Working Technology to Bronze Working technology.

Confirmed in MadDjinn's Beyond the Monument 20-1.

According to this site it will be the last expansion, though I doubt that's official. Furthermore says something about Civ6 in a couple of years, though I don't that's official.

http://img7.gram.pl/20130610155052.jpg
From this image it is shown that you can get to chose between two different masterpieces from the same archeological dig.

On Bite's overview it is said that the axeman could be a new UU. This is not possible now add all UU have been revealed.

Trade Routes
- Separate Land and Sea Routes (you start the game with 1 each)
Both according to the Greek and the German video, you only get one trade route to begin with. This may change to one of each as soon as you invent sailing. But the wording in the sentence above is incorrect.

Cities without defensive buildings, though still capable of ranged attacks, do not have any health.
This changes the game dramatically! Do you have a link for this info?

Yes it's a promotion called "altitude training".
Isn't it a scenario only wonder? Since it's African I've always thought it was Scramble for Africa-scenario only wonder.

Also seen on Maddjinn's stream is an addition to Iroquois' UA.
Link please :)

@ Martinus and otaman1
What are your links for the news on the posts on July 3?

Top Bottom