What will be the first name you mod out?

Feyd Rautha

Prince
As I look through everything in relation to the game, I'm sure there will be many things that people don't like. What will be the first thing that you change in the game?

Personally, I'm rather miffed by their interpretation of the Reformation. I'm sure they are thinking of it as some reforms within the civilization that unite it and make it overjoyed and such (thus the golden age when it is adopted), but in reality, the historical Reformation was anything but.

Luther's theses were more like the start of Rationalism (which is an opposed policy path to Religion where Reformation lies). In the end, the Reformation was responsible for war, revolt, and a breakdown in foreign relations on an epic scale.

A much better choice would have been to avoid the "cookie cutter" option of "reformation" and named it something more in line with religious practice like "Ecumenical Council". We're smart cookies we'll be able to figure out the hard words like Ecumenical. It fits much better as something that would start a golden age anyway since the intent is to unite and not divide.

Anyway, I'll be glad to see that go day 1 in my game files.

Wouldn't it make more sense to actually play the game first and see how things feel in practice rather than deciding something sucks based on hearsay?

Barb Xp cap if there is one.

I like everything so far...
But I suppose if I would have to choose it might be the Giant Death Robot... simply because it is a little bit... iffy. But my thought is that it is most likely necessary to keep the end game moving... With the new tactics and strategies that will exist, defenses seem like they may be very very tough to break, so having a unit like the GDR may be necessary for a siege breaker... otherwise we may end the game early as a stalemate...

I will be modding out all units except scouts and archers, since MrGameTheory must be correct.

1upt, hexes, city states and... No, I think that's it. I am going to mod in an I to put before the V on the menu screen though.

;)

What i wanna know is how people make the map sizes bigger, cuz man I love a giant map to play in. Oh ye and to make the turn limit much higher, cuz I love a long game too haha.

GDRs. Overpowered and highly unrealistic. This is exactly why you don't take a suggestion from Perfection
I love how stuff is already overpowered.

As to unrealistic: It's much more realistic than an interstellar spaceship.

@Numi Yeah, thats about the only thing I'd ever attempt at first, however, since the game isn't out yet, how do you judge...?

I will be modding out all units except scouts and archers, since MrGameTheory must be correct.

Nah, you don't need to edit those out, since no one would build anything except Scouts and Archers anyway... i mean why would they, when Scouts and Archers are so powerful?

What i wanna know is how people make the map sizes bigger, cuz man I love a giant map to play in.

I would love this! Except my comp will not be able to handle it. One day I will upgrade it... When I am out of college.

Wouldn't it make more sense to actually play the game first and see how things feel in practice rather than deciding something sucks based on hearsay?

Don't be ridiculous.

20 years of gaming perfection surely shows that Firaxis has no clue and armchair designers know better and should mutilate the game at first opportunity.

@Numi Yeah, thats about the only thing I'd ever attempt at first, however, since the game isn't out yet, how do you judge...?

Oh ... I'm sorry I didn't make myself clear... I'm keeping everything the same... I'm just renaming the Reformation because it is contradictory. I wasn't talking about mechanics... just names.

EDIT: I changed the thread name. Sorry it was so inflammatory.

But if you mod out everything else, you won't be able to watch Panzer tanks fall to MasterGameTheory's ultimate strategy! Who wouldn't want to watch a Panzer tank get whooped by scouts and archers? Then again, it's to be expected.

Top Bottom