What's your NFL team?

El Justo said:
westbrook is good. however, he is better suited to run on the outside and catch passes while another hopefully more durable, bigger back can get some of those tough inside yards.

buckhalter is indeed fragile. i bet he doesn't even make it out of camp.

moats is good but he's a westbrook clone.

so i guess they'll need to look for another big back to compliment westbrook & moats. maybe dorsey levens will come out of retirement again :lol:

Trade for TJ Duckett. He no longer fits in in Atlanta, I think he goes somewhere that needs a power back. I'd be happy to see him replace Bettis at the Steelers.

As for the OP, Steelers & Raiders, although I'm nowhere near as fanatical about NFL as I am with Aussie Rules, I don't have that feral devotion to one team as I do with Collingwood.

Never would have gone to the Superbowl either then ;)

Azale said:
Never would have gone to the Superbowl either then ;)

I don't know how critical TO was that season -- he was injured for about half the games and Philly managed without him. They easily won the NFC, they could've afforded to lose an early game or two and still won. TO was strong in the SB -- most would say that McNabb was off that day -- but maybe they would have been better off without him that day too.

Are you kidding, TO was the only reciever who could get any kind of seperation against New England. McNabb let his team down a little bit in the Superbowl, not that he could help it. I know you dont like TO, but without him the Eagles would have likely been blown out.

Not to mention the fact that TO in the lineup allowed the Eagles to gain the homefield advantage. A few losses early on and maybe the Giants continue thier run (they were well over .500 before collapsing later in the season), maybe the Packers sneak in there, or the resurgent Panthers.

TO made the Eagles look damn near unbeatable, they dominated the NFC like I have never seen a team dominate its conference...the only team to come close was Dallas in that game where TO went out.

Now, once they had thier homefield advantage, the matchups went thier way. They got a mediocre Minnesota team and a one-dimensional Falcons team. Neither could really hope to beat the Eagles with the way they were built. The Packers (yes, I know what had happened earlier, but they had the running game and the veteran QB needed to handle the Eagles defense) or the Panthers could have beaten the Eagles WITHOUT TO.

Team: Dallas Cowboys
I do follow the Jets a little, because my father is a fan.

As for TO: Reid is a pushover or TO would have been put in line. McNabb is the boss on that team, and he is the one that started everything. TO isn't a saint (not even close, and I still don't like him), but McNabb is far worse than him. When Reid wanted to bring TO back, after suspension, McNabb had other ideas. You would have kept TO (and in his 'place'), if McNabb let it happen. As for SF, there were some behind the scenes things there, too. Also, Dallas basically has three one year contracts with him. If we don't like his 'tude, we terminate his contract. Simple. The Cowboys and Parcells just don't tolerate any locker room tensions.

As for the Redskins having the best safeties, who exactly is the cover safety? :p

There is only one football team in the NFL

THE CINCINNATI BENGALS

Fan since 1994. Just when things finally get good, Palmer blows out his knee.
My life is hard

Zarn said:
As for the Redskins having the best safeties, who exactly is the cover safety? :p

It ain't Archuleta, that's for sure... :crazyeye:

Well, i'm from the backwoods of Oregon, so we don't have an NFL team here.

Therefore, Oregonians by default root for the Seattle Seahawks.

Azale said:
Are you kidding, TO was the only reciever who could get any kind of seperation against New England. McNabb let his team down a little bit in the Superbowl, not that he could help it. I know you dont like TO, but without him the Eagles would have likely been blown out.

Not to mention the fact that TO in the lineup allowed the Eagles to gain the homefield advantage. A few losses early on and maybe the Giants continue thier run (they were well over .500 before collapsing later in the season), maybe the Packers sneak in there, or the resurgent Panthers.

TO made the Eagles look damn near unbeatable, they dominated the NFC like I have never seen a team dominate its conference...the only team to come close was Dallas in that game where TO went out.

Now, once they had thier homefield advantage, the matchups went thier way. They got a mediocre Minnesota team and a one-dimensional Falcons team. Neither could really hope to beat the Eagles with the way they were built. The Packers (yes, I know what had happened earlier, but they had the running game and the veteran QB needed to handle the Eagles defense) or the Panthers could have beaten the Eagles WITHOUT TO.
w/ all due respect, that post is nonsense.

sure 81 was the only real viable threat for the eagles during that super bowl. however, you should remember that the eagles operated the last part of the season and the 1st rds of the playoffs w/out him. and to snatch your words, they were "damn near unbeatable" w/out that megalomaniac in the lineup.

it was at this time that 81 got "upset" over some of the cliche media remarks of some of the Phila players who said that, in a nutshell, that the eagles could win w/out owens. apparently, the sensitive owens took offense at this remark. whatever. :rolleyes: go cry to your beloved grandma cause we (philly fans) don't give a rat's turd.

i'm just glad he's no longer a part of the team and what i hope for is that the running game returns this yr as that is pivotal in any offense and feeds the passing game as they say.

let's not forget that the Eagles went to 3 straight nfc championships without owens. so the core of those teams are still in place...and the return of a balanced attack w/ an efficient running game should mean that the eagles will be back to winning again.

please don't think i'm trolling on you. i just really disagreed w/ what you posted :)

In the 3 seasons before Owens, you had a much better running game. I know, I remember...your offense was mediocre sometimes though, and that is what cost you in those NFC Championship games.

Owens put you over the top. Before Owens, the Eagles were being laughed at as the biggest chokers since the SB Bills. They were always second best, losing to the Rams, the Bucs (even though in that game the odds were HEAVILY with them), and the Panthers (which was the biggest shocker and also the worst loss for the Eagles in any of the Championship games IMO).

I wasn't saying he MADE the Eagles what they were all these years, just saying they made them the Superbowl team they were that year. He was a top 5 MVP candidate, it was insane the numbers he was putting up. He also opened up the window on a team whose window was closing, and its shame for Eagles fans that he had to act so stupid. They would have another good 2-3 years if he had kept his mouth shut.

Now I think your team is real trouble.

On offense, McNabb is coming off some serious injuries. He is throwing to a mediocre-until-otherwise Reggie Brown, mediocre-for-alltime Todd Pinkston. He is stuck with secondary options once again in Westbrook & LJ Smith. The running game is gonna suck, mark my words. Westbrook is too small to be more than a Marshall Faulk-wannabe, Moats is also too small, and we all know Buckhalter's problems.

Dawkins is well over 30 and didnt have a stellar season last year, Kearse isn't the same player. I think your defense is still solid, just not capable of carrying the team like it did for years before TO...

Kansas City Chiefs- hopefully we can win a playoff game this year!

The Browns.

(*snickers*)

Just kidding. I like the Falcons, but they're usually not that great.

Azale said:
In the 3 seasons before Owens, you had a much better running game. I know, I remember...your offense was mediocre sometimes though, and that is what cost you in those NFC Championship games.

Owens put you over the top. Before Owens, the Eagles were being laughed at as the biggest chokers since the SB Bills. They were always second best, losing to the Rams, the Bucs (even though in that game the odds were HEAVILY with them), and the Panthers (which was the biggest shocker and also the worst loss for the Eagles in any of the Championship games IMO).

I wasn't saying he MADE the Eagles what they were all these years, just saying they made them the Superbowl team they were that year. He was a top 5 MVP candidate, it was insane the numbers he was putting up. He also opened up the window on a team whose window was closing, and its shame for Eagles fans that he had to act so stupid. They would have another good 2-3 years if he had kept his mouth shut.

Now I think your team is real trouble.

On offense, McNabb is coming off some serious injuries. He is throwing to a mediocre-until-otherwise Reggie Brown, mediocre-for-alltime Todd Pinkston. He is stuck with secondary options once again in Westbrook & LJ Smith. The running game is gonna suck, mark my words. Westbrook is too small to be more than a Marshall Faulk-wannabe, Moats is also too small, and we all know Buckhalter's problems.

Dawkins is well over 30 and didnt have a stellar season last year, Kearse isn't the same player. I think your defense is still solid, just not capable of carrying the team like it did for years before TO...
true - 81 did sort of put the Eagles over the top during his time there. and yes, the Eagles are certainly choke-artists. i shan't argue w/ that! :p

McNabb will be back and in top form. a hernia is a serious injury? that's news to me. yes, the receiving corps is mediocre but good teams in the NFL son't need stellar WRs to win consistently. of course, it helps but so long as the WRs are servicable and the running game is buff...

which leads me to the running game -
sure westbrook is small and moats is his clone and all. however, i have a feeling that Reid will get back to the basics and re-establish the running game. they've done some work on the o-line and i really believe it's gonna be a lot different than last yr. when healthy, westbrook is one of the most dynamic backs in the entire league. what really needs to materialize is that between-the-tackles RB who can get the tough yards.

the defense should be better this yr; especially the d-line. i wouldn't be so fast to dismiss their D. i mean, we've got a bunch of guys who are still young and have made pro bowls. it's not like they're out of gas or anything. it wil be interesting this yr for sure. but don't simply discount Phila b/c of last yr.

Ive been watchin the NFL for about 8 years an am from the UK but i support seattle mainly because they were playing in the first ever game i watched and the influence of my footy mad dad!!

A huge Jets fan (for my sins). Waiting with trepidation for Pennington to seperate his shoulder in pre-season, Curtis to realise that he's actually too old to be a RB anymore, and retire just prior to the season opener, and then Ramsey to have some freak season ending injury while peeling a banana..

Then The kid named after a bottle of Champagne can guide us heroically through to a 2-14 season :)

Oh the irony....:mischief:

Btw: the name thingy is a holdover from well, ages ago and I got used to using it elsewhere...

Top Bottom