1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

When is first patch for Civ VI coming?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ogaw, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Well, you could just acknowledge that you are aware of the issues and are working on a patch with maybe an eta. wouldn't cost much and be much better. I remember we got a patch for Civ4 pretty soon. And communication was a lot better as plenty civfanatics ended up as beta testers.

2. bladex

bladex Emperor

when...it's...ready!

Ferocitus likes this.
  3. ThERat

ThERat Deity

as ready as the game was at release?

Xur and Zuizgond like this.
  4. tmarcl

tmarcl Prince

Of course, those of us who have already bought the game and can't play due to bugs are happy to wait two months to see these bugs fixed.

Zuizgond likes this.
  5. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

Unless you're actively a member of this forum or giving the hyper-negative steam reviews any credence, (which for a title like Civilisation is unlikely) then you're not going to see a lot of negativity about the AI. Having done several searches and read multiple forums in an attempt to see the consensus that keeps getting echo chambered, I can't find anywhere except for here and RockPaperShotgun that's really making any serious significant complaint.

You've got your mainstream players who will happily enjoy the game as it is, you've got your low end players who will not see the attraction and give it up, and then you've got your high end players who wouldn't be satisfied if they were playing against Skynet with a direct neural interface. It's the latter that's issuing those complaints, and they will have been largely in the first tranche of purchases.

There is a consistent return here of complaint about the AI which I'm willing to bet the general population, don't even see to any significant extent. It's highly over blown as an issue. Complaints in the older Civ communities tend to fixate on how inept the AI is and how exploits are available (for the most part, just don't use the exploit - problem solved - most of them involve insane levels of micromanagement to take serious advantage of anyway), the more mainstream ones are repeating that it's too hard or too aggressive and make winning the game extremely difficult.

The truth, likely lies somewhere in between, which gives Friaxis a problem in determining what to fix and to what extent. Which for a commercial publishing house, makes for a tricky resolution.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
    Lugh, Siptah, Kizo and 1 other person like this.
  6. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

Waste of time to reassure the one or two people who can't work out that fixes will be released when they're ready.

Nefelia and Xyriach like this.
  7. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

They have managed to navigate those "tricky" waters very well over many years. We wouldn't all be here if they had failed completely, even once I suspect. :)

Xyriach likes this.
  8. bladex

bladex Emperor

it's playable

Ferocitus likes this.
  9. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

That's the risk you take when you buy a game early, and especially
    one of a series that has a long history of being faulty at release.

There are a lot of people who won't buy the game until they are
    satisfied it's in a state that satisfies their personal bug vs
    enjoyment criteria. Smart move!

(Not me. I wanted the bastard the millisecond it was available.)

Lugh, Nefelia and Larsenex like this.
  10. sonicmyst

sonicmyst Emperor

Personally I still find Civ VI fun to play even with the valid arguments about AI and UI. Maybe I was not the kind of person who rants so much for a game. If only gamers can just appreciate what the game on its current state delivers, have fun, and put trust on the dev team that patches and more improvements will come along the way, this forum would be a better place.

11. gberetfr

gberetfr Rastaman

I Agree 100%. And would add it would be better to make constructive suggestion (many do so btw) rather than the tiring "go back to Civ IV mechanics" (if you want to play Civ IV then do it).
    i.e : Combat AI is bad => Improve this and that (upgrades, city attack algorithm,...) instead of => Go back to SoD.

Nefelia and sonicmyst like this.
  12. Hajee

Hajee Prince

13. upi00r

upi00r Warlord

Tomorrow is Poland's National Independence Day so I wonder if there is a slight chance for... you know :) Especially there is no other occasion like this any time soon.

14. Olleus

Olleus Deity

And if you look at the history there is something updated every few days... Don't think we can read much into it

15. rschissler

rschissler King

Trying to remember, but back when V was released, wasn't there a rep from Firaxis that came on the boards here, giving updates about upcoming patches?

16. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Yeah, until he/she got treated like utter garbage by posters here, some of which acted like spoiled toddlers throwing themselves on the ground screaming because they were told they couldn't have an ice cream right now.

Lugh, Ferocitus and Nefelia like this.
  17. Larsenex

Larsenex King

I do not know why some folks are making claims the game is unplayable. I have just completed my 3rd game and got a domination victory. The bottom line is the game is entirely playable and <for me> very fun.

With some of the {excellent} mods we have currently the game is now both challenging and very engaging! I do want to thank our community for quickly making mods for us!

18. Uncle_Joe

Uncle_Joe Prince

Larsenex, what mods are you using? I'm still enjoying the game, but trying not to burn out until it's patched a bit. But if mods can address some of the issues, I'm all in. ;)

Thanks for any info!

19. Balkans

Balkans Warlord

I don't know why but form the start i was thinking like in a month since release first patch will arrive. Just enough time for quality first patch.

20. Xur

Xur Prince

Well, I'm not saying that the game is unplayable on the hardware part of the game. Performance is actually a lot better than civ5 - the game works, end of story. I think everyone can agree that the UI was rushed as there is a lot of things missing or just not working. There's a lot of bugs and exploits that ruin the gameplay <for me>. When the game gets a patch that fixes this, I will probably still not enjoy the gameplay because of the design choices that Firaxis has made - the micromanagement nightmare you get without puppets, without buildqueue, espionage clickfest, traderoute clickfest... it's just not my kind of fun and it's disappointing. I can live with a subpar AI, but I cannot live with a micromanagement hell and a battle against the UI.

So, <to me>, the game is unplayable in the way that it sucks all the joy out of the civ genre that I used to love. It is also possible to walk on fire, but I dont want to...

Lugh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.