When is first patch for Civ VI coming?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ogaw, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

The wait? It's barely been released a month...you bought a game, not shares.

Stilgar08, Mglo and Ferocitus like this.
  2. Kougar7

Kougar7 Warlord

And you can expect to wait another month. Two months to fix grievous launch day bugs (some of which I can't fathom as to how they launched with) is too much. Some games release hotfixes and updates daily, and they are free to play.

Brian Boru, Xur and Zuizgond like this.
  3. bladex

bladex Emperor

LMAO i get to around 275-300+ turns every game! if your not using mods than build a better rig than or use windows 10

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
    Larsenex likes this.
  4. 0R4NG3

0R4NG3 Prince

I agree, a patch is much needed, there are some issues with the game that become very apparent after 5-6 games or even earlier and sort of spoil the enjoyment.

Xur likes this.
  5. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

LETS SUE THE INTERNET!!!

Toastypie, whyidie and Stilgar08 like this.
  6. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

And the fact that it's cheaper, and you get to play earlier than if the game went through months of testing, which at the end would still require tweaking and repair after a million players looking for exploits had a go at it.

7. miaasma

miaasma Prince

grievous bugs? the bugs and issues with the game are pretty par for the course for a civ game. some things are game breaking, but those things are avoidable

i wouldn't be surprised if the patch came out around christmas

Ferocitus likes this.
  8. gfeier

gfeier King

Olleus likes this.
  9. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Just took a look at Civ 6 on steams, showing a 75% approval with the "Mostly Recommended". While not glowing reviews, certainly not overflowing with negatives.

10. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

11. tmarcl

tmarcl Prince

Aye, there's the rub. It's not about whether or not the customers can use the product (after all, it's not like you can return it), it's about shareholders.

As someone else said, "That's the risk you take." Caveat Emptor. Understand that the seller is more concerned about his bottom line than about the product actually doing what it's supposed to do. And what's our recourse, really?

Zuizgond likes this.
  12. Xyriach

Xyriach Chieftain

Who held what gun to your head to buy it?

13. Gagilence

Gagilence Chieftain

No mods, W10 Aniversary, new i5, 16GB, GTX 1060, and I had to abandon two 250+ turn games because of crashing to desktop.

This is ridiculously long wait for a patch.

14. youngsteve

youngsteve Prince

If you look at the last 10 it is 50%. I know you can't use a small sample like this, but generally the reviews are getting more negative. Games always start with gushing reviews on Steam, but as they are played more & more faults come to light, & the reviews as a rule start coming down.

15. Fredric Drum

Fredric Drum Civilizator

The game studio will have had a fixed date for release and had to ship it no matter what, conveniently in time for holiday sales. Because of the rush they now have a crazy amount of stuff to fix, which takes time. I bet this isn't the condition they wanted to release the game in, but this happens a lot.

16. Dasaecor

Dasaecor Chieftain

Hi, I´m not using any mod. Many other players have reported similar problem.

Xur likes this.
  17. shadowplay

shadowplay your ad here

I've given up and gone back to Civ5 until I see a patch. The bugs just keep piling up.

18. tmarcl

tmarcl Prince

It's true. I knew the game was defective, yet bought in anyway. Just like when I buy fruit from the grocery store, I specifically look for the rotten ones and buy those. Or when I go to a car dealership, I make sure to ask for it to be a lemon! Hell, even at restaurants, I expect my food to be burnt. I totally should have expected Civ 6 to be broken upon release, which is why I bought it!

Stupidity aside "no one held a gun" is a ridiculous argument. I bought a product expecting it would work as advertised. It does not. "Who held a gun," is not the appropriate response. "When will it be fixed," is.

Zuizgond and Xur like this.
  19. ThERat

ThERat Deity

Apparently when buying software the usual principles do not apply. It's your own fault for buying software as everyone knows that it is broken no matter what. Strange world.

Zuizgond likes this.
  20. lindsay40k

lindsay40k Emperor

Hahaha, this is what City Governors do in Civ V to this very day. Good luck waiting for a 'worth playing' patch to drop when us CiV luddites still have to wait for puppets to grow before they work the special tiles >.<

Screen Shot 2016-11-16 at 01.48.30.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.