When is first patch for Civ VI coming?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Ogaw, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

I was guessing about six weeks, but yeah something like that.

2. bkn42

bkn42 Warlord

Yeah there are enough gameplay mechanics that are broken that I can't see them going past Thanksgiving, otherwise they are going to lose significant face in my book. I understand that they can't fix everything by that time, but they can still get a heck of a lot in.

3. Ferocitus

Ferocitus Deity

No, what?
    According to long-established Commonwealth rules, it's Lithuania's turn.

So put away your fluffy-winged hussies, and watch how smelly peasant brutes
    fight, armed with with nothing more than a sack of potato and a broken Krupnikas bottle.
    The manly way. On foot, in the mud. Not swanning around on horseback looking
    like you're on your way to one of Mad King Ludwig's garden parties.

Brian Boru likes this.
  4. tmarcl

tmarcl Prince

Veteran's Day? Surely there are enough Veterans here to warrant a special patch tomorrow...

Jabulani likes this.
  5. Dasaecor

Dasaecor Chieftain

I don´t think it´s playable. Many of us have complained that the game crashes when trying to capture an enemy city when playing at an advanced number of turns (>200), no matter what.

6. Alex2604

Alex2604 Chieftain

I'm really confused by the quality of the software that Civ 6 is. Literally 10 minutes ago Peter, leader of the Russian Empire, decided to declare a formal war on me. Only that I'm playing as Peter and the Russian Empire. The AI decided that I am declaring war on myself and now I am suffering severe warmongering penalties as this is the second war I'm in now and all my neighbouring states just denounced me and the city-state of Zanzibar to whom I'm a Suzerain declared war on me. What the actual f*ck?!

7. Manifold

Manifold ModderProtectionAdvocate

It´s a still a beta, a stable and playable but beta no question. At least two things had be fixed before I will start a second game. Missionaries need another layer and there had to be added some diplomacy/city/military overviews - immediately. Diplomacy and the distribution of the luxury goods are also broken but not game breaking. The AI is unworth for a strategy game. The operation of the game (e.g.news icons) and the diplomatic screens are buggy....

...so were is the patch? I wanna start my second game, soon:cowboy:

8. Kougar7

Kougar7 Warlord

Wish I'd known that, not any point buying a launch day game and waiting three months for critical fixes. Could've just bought it during the Steam Xmas sale and saved myself the trouble. The exploits are too severe to even bother with multiplayer and the AI is too broken for single player.

I think I've run into pretty much the vast majority of bugs and crashes posted on these forums and I no longer consider the game to be worth playing, every new game is another slew of bugs and spending more time canceling the same spy/AI window spam than actually doing my turn.

Zuizgond likes this.
  9. ThERat

ThERat Deity

This thread is not about the endless arguments whether the game is playable or not, whether we want Civ4 mechanics or not. I am puzzled why people have to go back to this childish mode of operation.

There are many issues with the game mechanics (beside the brain dead AI), that need to get addressed. If you are happy to play a bugged version, then go ahead. Why come here and comment about it? Tiring to say the least. I am enjoying Civ6 to some extend, but other aspects really demotivate me to play more. Hence, it would be great to get a heads up what issues the developers are currently looking into. Nothing more nothing less.

Zuizgond likes this.
  10. bladex

bladex Emperor

i have expiericed NO crashes whatsoever and when i have it's been because of a mod.if your using quickUI get rid of it it will be the cause of the crash.

11. OranHarken

OranHarken Warlord

Firaxis has a serious case of resting on their laurels in the last few years. They are really falling behind Paradox in terms of being the trend setters in the strategy genre umbrella.

Roald Amundsen and Zuizgond like this.
  12. upi00r

upi00r Warlord

It's not Veterans Day like but since Google knows this http://imgur.com/a/EXiqB then maybe Firaxis knows this too ;)

13. OranHarken

OranHarken Warlord

Firaxis is the case study for game companies where programmers were promoted to developer positions instead of bringing in "creatives" for the role of developing the games. While not universally true most other programmers I have known have been creative and intelligent in ways that only apply to fact based disciplines, not at generating creative new ideas of their own. I know that is a massive generalization but when you look at other companies that are lead by "self financed creatives with a specific vision" as opposed to "investor controlled programmers actively maintaining legacy features" you have the possibility for much more creative games that will succeed a lot more (if they succeed at all).

14. Nefelia

Nefelia Prince

Civ IV and Civ V got quick patches to correct serious performance issues that effected a large number of players. So far, Civ VI has had a far better launch on the technical front. Some people are experiencing problems, but it seems to be a very small minority and rarely pops up in the General Discussions forum.

Most of the people who have purchased Civ VI are not new to the series, and are well aware that a patch or three are incoming to address the concerns. In the meantime, we've turned to the Creation and Customization sub-forum to seek out mods to address the current issues.

I'm with you on this. I do not expect or demand perfection upon initial release.

Some people would no doubt tell me that I should have higher standards... at which point I would point out that I am perfectly satisfied while they are highly dissatisfied. I'll stick to my lower expectations and higher level of enjoyment, thanks.

Brian Boru and sonicmyst like this.
  15. Zuizgond

Zuizgond King

Yeah now it's a risk to buy games at release. The gaming industry is so funny.

16. AppleDumplingHead

AppleDumplingHead Emperor

qft most underrated statement. I am like that, but I also know, today, game ai can be much better than this. I'm not jumping up and down about it, lambasting on steam forums, or even here, much, aside from an occasional comment. This franchise has this single player element, it's expected, it has evolved to the current iteration, and the game needs to know how to play properly with the pieces devs implement. If they can't do it better than this, they need to find someone who can.

It takes time to program so much. I see what they're doing and appreciate the effort. I am, however, on the fence about how exactly appropriate the state of the ai is right now, and would very much like to see major improvement soon to justify my patience.

17. Europa Victrix

Europa Victrix Chieftain

I wouldn't get my hopes up after seeing the BE and XCOM2 patch policies. My gut tells me we'll see the first patch at the same time as the first DLC civ.

18. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

You have to quit Peter's schizophrenia first, using a special building called " developer beta test facility " then you will get rid of this issue.

19. Kougar7

Kougar7 Warlord

Simple. To let anyone at Firaxis that might be passing by that there are repercussions to their approach at updating the game. When charging AAA prices for a game I expect better support than a patch once a quarter, at least for launch if nothing else. I remember how large some of those V patches were so I expect the patch to VI to be pretty darn large given the wait.

Well lucky you then. I had a game that can't progress past turn 1 from crashing because of something the AI was doing. I then had a second, epic-length Emperor game that I was 30 turns away from a science victory, and I ran into a crash on the next turn that I couldn't resolve either. By sheer luck I reloaded a save file from 50-something turns earlier and eventually won the game anyway but it wasted a few hours doing so. And then it half the time it crashes upon exiting forcing me to ctrl+alt+dlt the process. So maybe you haven't seen crashing because you barely played the game or just got lucky :p

20. Siptah

Siptah Eternal Chieftain

This is a well documented bug that happens when a civ you haven't met yet declares a war against you. This happens when two AI civs of whom you only know one declare a joint war. IMO that shouldn't be possible anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.