When will "Beyond the Sword" come out for mac?

i really want this game. i am iMpacient

The news release says it will be released for Windows in July - 4 months. The Mac version isn't going to come sooner than that, so I guess you'll have to hold your breath for a while yet :)

MAC PRIDE!

my intel core duo iMac can run 3 warlords and 1 iConquer without even slowing down.

hurray for showing off

Yeah, your "iMac" does. You've got a real 3D card. Sadly, I sacrificed that capability for a cute little plastic shell on my MacBook (you know, instead of the Pro).

I keep hoping that my old iMac will kick off so my wife will let me buy a nice new 24" replacement, but the damned thing's too reliable even after all these years.

Drat!

ha! mac's reliability and invulnerability comes at a cost

You Civ-whore! ;)

I like the idea of founding corporations and spreading their corporate tendrils throughout the world. :) It reminds me somewhat of Morgan in SMAC.

You don't know how much!

I've bought Vanilla for PC, Vanilla for MAC, Warlords for PC, Warlords for MAC, and then... Warlord for PC again for when I wanna 2-play and the other person doesn't have a copy yet (ie my girlfriend :p).

:D

Beyond the sword for PC is coming next (I won't resist waiting for the MAC version, unless they are VERY VERY close... like a few hours! :p), and then a couple of copies of the MAC version, for playing with my gf at the new expansion :)

ha! mac's reliability and invulnerability comes at a cost

I got my hopes up recently. The CD drive was acting funny, wouldn't respond to eject commands, wasn't reading this one disc.

But then, sadly, it turned out that a bad CD had made iTunes go loopy and it just wouldn't release the drive. The darned thing's just fine now.

I love this little Macbook (even though it's got the plastic shell that gets dirty CONSTANTLY) but I sure would've paid extra to put a decent 3D chipset in it.

I love this little Macbook (even though it's got the plastic shell that gets dirty CONSTANTLY)

If it makes you feel any better, I can't believe how dirty the aluminum case of the Macbook Pro gets. Maybe my hands are just dirty, but if I don't clean it every day or two then the wrist rests look like they've been oiled down and dried out.

well i find inmense pleasure in cleaning my mac

even if it never gets dirty

What the heck do you guys do with your compy's that makes them get dirty? :scared:

I just can't wait to supplement our MacBook with an iMac. Hopefully before the summer :)

BEYOND THE SWORD looks and sounds soo VERY F****** cool!!!!!!!!!

...but when will it come out for mac?

Moderator Action: Please don't swear.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Moderator Action: And maybe you'd like to enlighten us as to what or who is Beyond the Sword, and what it has to do with Civ4?

OK, got it. New Expansion Pack for Civ4. I wonder if Aspyr even know about it yet :rolleyes:

Bwahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahaha

heading slightly off topic...

My gf and I both got one those silicone keyboard covers (me for my 15" powerbook, her for her macbook). Her computer was brand new, and I think it has really helped keep the computer clean. The cover fits really well over the macbook's keys and you don't even notice it.

wasn't quite has happy with the fit over the bevelled edges of the powerbook keyboard. Plus it has basically trapped in the 2yrs of crumbs and dust, which are now working their way up and sticking to the underside of the keyboard cover.

ha, real funny.

I'm dead until it comes out for mac, I hate Aspyr sooooo much! They're so damn lazy! [pissed]

I'm dead until it comes out for mac, I hate Aspyr sooooo much! They're so damn lazy! [pissed]

It's summer. Go out and play with your friends, get some fresh air and move your body.

You'll thank me for that in 10-20 years.

Narmox.

It's summer. Go out and play with your friends, get some fresh air and move your body.

You'll thank me for that in 10-20 years.

Narmox.

Hehehe, all my friends are at sleep away camp. I'll find something to do though...:lol: I probably will thank you for that in ten to twenty years:lol: .

yeah i hate the way aspyr takes years to release anything

Hold on, guys! It's still well over a month from release for Windows!

I think we're all forgetting how quickly Aspyr delivered Civ4 and Warlords. I took them months not years. Which is (as far as I know) a very fast job at porting a game for the mac.

Top Bottom