When will "Beyond the Sword" come out for mac?

Hmm. Odds are, I'll end up buying the BtS Civ IV expansion pack when it comes out for the Macintosh, if for nothing else other than to say that I own the original Civ IV game plus both expansion packs.

Gatekeeper

I'll be waiting for it too, I'm not spamming up my computer with windows just for one game. Meanwhile I'll be trying to get my hands on a nintendo wii...wish me luck, I'll need it.(It's freeking impossible!!) :cry:

Meanwhile I'll be trying to get my hands on a nintendo wii...wish me luck, I'll need it.(It's freeking impossible!!) :cry:

Got one! :D Fun, fun, fun.

But the question is: Are they fun??
Anyway lets get back on topic...

Party I went to last week the host had a PS3 connected up to an HD projector -- all payed for by his work (it's good to be a Comp. Sci.) it seemed quite fun, they were playing "Resistance". I was a bit pished, however.

But the question is: Are they fun??
Anyway lets get back on topic...

OT: A little something for you dutchking. From my current HOI2: DDA game. France has captured Berlin! ;)

It's Hearts of Iron II, and I expect it's on a "Mac" console :p

i never understood how to use HOI2

RECOMMENDED SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

1.8GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent/better
512 MB RAM
128 MD Video Card w/ DirectX 8 support (pixel and vertex shaders)
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
CD-ROM Drive
1.7GB of free hard drive space
DirectX 9.0c (included)
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
1.2GHz Intel Pentium 4 or AMD Athlon processor or equivalent
256MB RAM
CD-ROM Drive
64 MB Video Card w/Hardware T&L (GeForce 2/Radeon 7500 or better)
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
1.7 GB of free hard drive space
Direct X 9.0c (included)
^this was on the BtS official website.
Are the requirements the same with the mac? Because if so the graphics will look the same with my GMA 950 graphics (intel integrated) as my iMac. Wow...I doubt it though. :cry: The macbook has the GMA 950, it's my personal comp. The iMac isn't as available most the time so I play it on here...

BtS will use the same video code as the other Civ4 titles, and so will perform similarly. The problem with the GMA950 is the poor way OS X and OpenGL works with it. That seems to make it perform worse on a Mac than it does under Windows and DirectX.

BtS will use the same video code as the other Civ4 titles, and so will perform similarly. The problem with the GMA950 is the poor way OS X and OpenGL works with it. That seems to make it perform worse on a Mac than it does under Windows and DirectX.

Damit...This is the way that (just a random leader) looks on my macbook:

On the iMac (different game, same leader):

BIG difference...:cry: Click for a larger view...It looks alright on the macbook but it's still not pleasing...

i use an imac and i get the same messed up leader with pixelly edges as you.

i use an imac and i get the same messed up leader with pixelly edges as you.

You've probably got the iMac model with the GMA 950 in it. For a hundred bucks more you could've gotten it with an ATI Radeon. That's the iMac I have. It's great man! :p I know it's impossible to upgrade my graphics card on my macbook, but you could probably upgrade yours, I'm not sure though. The GMA 950's are usually hooked to the motherboard, like mine on the macbook. :( :cry:

You've probably got the iMac model with the GMA 950 in it. For a hundred bucks more you could've gotten it with an ATI Radeon. That's the iMac I have. It's great man! :p I know it's impossible to upgrade my graphics card on my macbook, but you could probably upgrade yours, I'm not sure though. The GMA 950's are usually hooked to the motherboard, like mine on the macbook. :( :cry:

Nope, you cannot upgrade the iMac's video card. At least, it's not designed for it. ;)

Nope, you cannot upgrade the iMac's video card. At least, it's not designed for it. ;)

Yeah, my dad wants to rip the GMA 950 off of the mother board on my macbook. :lol: The problem is to find a graphics card that will work with it...:wallbash:

Trade it in and buy one with a decent card.

Trade it in and buy one with a decent card.

I could'nt do that to my little macbook! But I was thinking of possibly, when I'm older, giving this to my sister and getting a Macbook Pro. That would be nice. Otherwise I'm stuck with this for a while. :dunno:

Hey guys,
I've decided to give in and get windows. Who cares as long as you get that pleased feeling in your stomach...And apparently (for Sebiche) the Graphics with primitive machines are better and it's also faster in Windows. You guys shouldn't, but it is always an option:
Cheap OEM software
Even though I've given in, I want you guys to know. You will always be my people. Yes, I feel that strongly about it...:salute:

Top Bottom