1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

When will "Beyond the Sword" come out for mac?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Macintosh' started by Sebiche, Mar 28, 2007.

1. aco25

aco25 Chieftain

i want to get BtS, and Aspyr and Mac need to cooperate more, they've done all this so far, they need to get going on it, its totally discriminatory because of the fact that macs are not the majority, the PC's are. I have an intel based powerbook, and my warlords works awesome on it. I am not giving in to buying the Windows on my mac. step it up aspyr!

2. vilemerchant

vilemerchant Prince

Ignoring a format with poor market penetration and generally poor and/or overpriced gaming hardware is not discriminatory, it's common sense.

3. peter grimes

peter grimes ... Retired Moderator

:wavey: Hi Aco! I completely understand your frustration. I'm not sure it's discriminatory, rather most likely it's economics. In any case, have you written the same sentiment to Aspyr directly? They'll never hear you if you only post here ;)

4. aco25

aco25 Chieftain

overall, there needs to be a universal binary system in place for games like this, where mac is severely backed up on the game end of things. Programming in universal is not that bad of an idea.

5. Onagan

Onagan The Dutch

I'm still hoping for Beyond the Sword Mac version. I hate runing Civ+Vista on my MacBook, far to many errors

6. chingbaby

chingbaby Chieftain

Gimme gimme!

7. beetle

beetle Deity

As I have asserted elsewhere, I do not believe it is Aspyr letting you down. They provide only what they are paid for, they are guns for hire. The folks who most need to hear from you are the folks hiring the mercenaries, the ones that have a instituted development process that ensures Mac users have no choice but to pay full price for a delayed and inferior product.

8. manu-fan

manu-fan Emperor

BTW: I sent an e-mail to pr@aspyr.com yesterday telling them that I would buy it when they release it.

Cheers.

9. PsychoH13

PsychoH13 Chieftain

Oh my god ! What j*rks (the one who made the game) !!!
    I looked at the new leaders in the game and those ********* are saying that CHarles de Gaulle was the Prime Minister of France !!!
    He never was !!!

Where can we complain about those things ?

PS : Apart from that the new features seem great !

10. Cougarcat

Cougarcat Warlord

According to Wikipedia, he was the 124th prime minister. 1944--1946.

11. AlanH

AlanH Mac addict, php monkey Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

12. PsychoH13

PsychoH13 Chieftain

Between 1944 and 1946 he was the president of a temporary government, he was both president of the republic and "prime minister". In 1958, he was for 2 months the "prime minister" of the last president of the IVth Republic, he then became president for the next 10 years, we can't even compare his professed "prime minister" job to his president mandate.

13. dutchking

dutchking Deity

I say BTS will be out for mac any month now...:lol: Maybe November or December. I'll take a look at Aspyr...they announced warlords for mac around this time last year.

14. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

Yeah, but in Europe a president is like the Queen of England. :queen:

:D

15. PsychoH13

PsychoH13 Chieftain

Not in France, not at all, in contrary, the President of the French Republic has a lot of power and he's elected by the people directly. It's more like a ruling king, elected every 5 years, not like the king/queen of England who doesn't rule at all.

16. dojoboy

dojoboy Tsalagi

Just yanking your chain. ;)

Where is BtS for Mac btw?

17. enkiduMT

enkiduMT Chieftain

I second that call for BtS Soon™!
    it better be out before Xmas or I am *gulp* loading windows on a new mac just so's I can play BtS and gamespy CIV... <ominous music plays>

18. Graven

Graven Chieftain

Yeah, they really need to get on it...I want to see all the new features. This marks the only time I've been depressed about owning a Mac.

19. dutchking

dutchking Deity

I have windows on my mac strictly only for modding and better performance on Civ. Otherwise I'll always be pro mac. Always have been, don't be depressed LOL. It'll come out eventually. :D Aspyr is just F*ED up. Nothing we can do about it. :(

20. Martin79

Martin79 Warlord

I need BtS!