Which alternative Egyptian leader(s) would you like to see?

Which alternative Egyptian leader would you like to have?

• Hatshepsut

Votes: 14 41.2%
  • Rameses II

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Nefertiti/Akenaten

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • others (please specify in your reply)

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • Sneferu

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Amenhotep III

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Thutmose III

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Narmer/Menes

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters
I'd at least give Khufu credit for his great expeditions in search of resources: quarrying stone, mining for turquoise and copper, trading for cedar wood.

Not sure how to turn that into an ability though... Faster wonder building for every improved resource of that type?

Emmm.... If we give him a production bonus over improving these resources, it will crash with amanitore's ability.

I think an ability that gives extra bonus in resources harvesting will fit him here. I think my design of Sneferu also fits him too? Since they did very similar things. I will place Khufu together with Sneferu in the list, do you agree?

These are all good ideas. But they are too similar too Cleo's own LUA. And I think sth related to the R&F era system will be more interesting
Ehh, it's actually nice to have an ability similar (but different) to Cleo's for an Egyptian alt leader. Look at Pericles and Gorgo, who both are culture, but different means of acquiring it. But Cleo's ability could always be retconned into something more useful:

Mediterranean's Bride: Maintaining an alliance of any type grants Cleopatra and her ally a free military unit every 50 turns. The timer decreases by 10 for every level of the alliance (50/40/30)

And Valley of Kings was not Hatshepsut's own thing. All pharaohs in the dynasty shared that place as tombs and Hatshepsut wasnt the first one to do so.
True, but you're not going to add more than one Pharaoh from 18th dynasty to a Civ game, so it's quite safe to assign that ability to her or any Pharaoh of her dynasty. The ability itself could be buffed having Hattie unlock all the archeology related stuff earlier (around Civil Service) than normal.

India got 2 male leaders already, if you hv noticed.
I think the gender diversity is not the point for alt leaders. The playstyle diversity is what drives it. So i think its ok to be homosexual- I meant having leaders of the same gender lol.

Does India had any good choice for female leader ?
Because for Egypt add second female leader , when there is plenty good male options would be sad.

Does India had any good choice for female leader ?
Because for Egypt add second female leader , when there is plenty good male options would be sad.

There will never be lack of options if you have to dig deeper into history, although I dont really know.

We don't need to balance the gender for alt leader I guess...we are not playing rpg games that offer us male/female choices for the protagonist.

But the other pharaohs are also good options too, regardless of being male or female. Thats what makes this choice difficult:p

Indira Gandhi is always an option for a Nuke-Happy Gandhi. She's the only woman I would consider though.

Ehh, it's actually nice to have an ability similar (but different) to Cleo's for an Egyptian alt leader. Look at Pericles and Gorgo, who both are culture, but different means of acquiring it. But Cleo's ability could always be retconned into something more useful:

Mediterranean's Bride: Maintaining an alliance of any type grants Cleopatra and her ally a free military unit every 50 turns. The timer decreases by 10 for every level of the alliance (50/40/30)

I wonder if they will adjust her ability to that much... But I also hope that she can be buffed, maybe tied to the new diplomatic bonus mechanism.

Cleo‘s ability changed somewhat. The trade routes now generate extra alliance points.

I saw it in a live stream of R&F. Writing Bull hovered fast over almost all leaders. I didn't take the time to pause everywhere, but I got Cleo's change.

That sounds great. Although I don't think that they will change much in the kit, I still have hope haha.

Rounding up the responses, Ramsey seems to gain the mainstream of supports, although Akhenaten, Amenhotep III, Hatshepsut also has their respective supporters.
Emmm... much to my expectations as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Thuthmosis III would be an awesome way to get a more militaristic Egypt. Currently their leader bonus is pretty situational, even in peaceful games. Maybe some bonus to the Chariot Archers? +1 movement would make them a lot more viable. Or maybe something to do with monument destruction :mischief:

I think Thuthmosis III would be an awesome way to get a more militaristic Egypt. Currently their leader bonus is pretty situational, even in peaceful games. Maybe some bonus to the Chariot Archers? +1 movement would make them a lot more viable. Or maybe something to do with monument destruction :mischief:

Indeed, Egypt is quite weak in military currently. A leader excel at conquest will surely boost things up. Thut III with monument destruction lol, I can hear Hatshepsut's weil already.

I’ll suggested Khedive Isma'il Pasha (Ismail the Magnificent), Khedive Muhammad Ail, Mohammed Naguib or Gamal Abdel Nasser Hussein or Malik Fuad I and Muhammad Anwar el-Sadat, just something to be different, something that’s never be done before.
If it’s Nasser then have a Civ that’s move focused on the military side of things.

Last edited:
Thutmose III, the "Napoleon of Egypt" who transformed Egypt into an international superpower, or Senusret III, he who presided over a Golden Age in Egypt. Both were mighty warrior pharaohs who also accomplished much outside of their military successes. Senusret could get a unique encampment that adds commercial or trade bonuses given the role of his forts in Nubia in spreading trade.

As much discussed in earlier threads in this forum, I despise Akhenaten and his puny, failed kingship. I will personally instigate an endless circus of whining if he ever appears in Civ as Egypt's main leader.

I’ll suggested Khedive Isma'il Pasha (Ismail the Magnificent), Khedive Muhammad Ail, Mohammed Naguib or Gamal Abdel Nasser Hussein or Malik Fuad I and Muhammad Anwar el-Sadat, just something to be different, something that’s never be done before.
If it’s Nasser then have a Civ that’s move focused on the military side of things.
Wrong Egypt. That would be like George Washington leading the Powhatan, Elizabeth II leading the Megalith Builders, Nikita Gorbachev leading Kievan Rus', or Kim Il-Sung leading Goguryeo. :sad:

Thutmose III, the "Napoleon of Egypt" who transformed Egypt into an international superpower, or Senusret III, he who presided over a Golden Age in Egypt. Both were mighty warrior pharaohs who also accomplished much outside of their military successes. Senusret could get a unique encampment that adds commercial or trade bonuses given the role of his forts in Nubia in spreading trade.

I think Thutmose III is a good option as well. But considering the short window of the chariot archers and that chariot archers are not particularly strong, maybe he will need a general boost in military, as well as balancing the wonder building trend. That will be quite challenging.

I would like to see Thut III after a buff in the UU.

Wrong Egypt. That would be like George Washington leading the Powhatan, Elizabeth II leading the Megalith Builders, Nikita Gorbachev leading Kievan Rus', or Kim Il-Sung leading Goguryeo. :sad:
Last time i check, this wasn't a thread about alternative leaders of Ancient Egypt but alternative leaders of Egypt period.:confused: If that is the case then i'll suggest add the word ancient to the word egyptian on the title of the thread.

Last time i check, this wasn't a thread about alternative leaders of Ancient Egypt but alternative leaders of Egypt period.:confused: If that is the case then i'll suggest add the word ancient to the word egyptian on the title of the thread.

Oops, I suppose everyone knows this civ is about Ancient Egypt... like when we say America, we are not referring to the first nations?

Top Bottom