Which city sites deserve better representation in RFC?

Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo are huge cities in real life but have bad land in RFC. Both cities have 10 million+ people but Sao Paulo has 1 clam and Rio has 1 corn.

I don't know which version you have, but Rio has 1 crab and there is no clam south of there. I agree that Sao Paulo isn't a great city site if the crab isn't in it's fat cross.

I never founded Sao Paulo so I don't know where it is exactly and the AI never founds it, you sometimes see Curitiba, which is a good city site, but maybe should be renamed to Sao Paulo for it's relevance.

The Brazilian coast, AD600:
Spoiler :

I see one corn and one crab shared between both cities.
I propose that we:
- Move that crab further East so it is Rio's
- Add fish near Sao Paolo
- Remove corn from Montevideo's BFC and move it into Sao Paolo's BFC, why Montevideo should get 4 food resources is totally beyond me, since the entire population of Uruguay could fit into Rio de Janeiro three times over, let alone Montevideo's.

That would give both cities two food resources, without sacrificing city sites such as Asunción to the West of Sao Paolo which uses that wheat(for those of us who like to colonise and remove the jungle ;)). Since both cities have a lot of coast room they can grow large with fewer food resources than Buenos Aires can, for instance. They should reach a similar size to Buenos Aires, a city with comparable population levels.

I might consider adding another resource to Sao Paolo, since it should by all rights be the largest city in the area by some margin. For that matter, Mexico city needs more food imo, maybe a dynamic spawn though, to avoid Aztecs getting a massive Tenochitlan.

EDIT: How does this look?
Spoiler :

Note that I don't know what entices the AI to settle certain areas. The AI Spain settles Montevideo/Buenos Aires with a near 100% probability in the games I've played. Will Portugal's AI do the same here?
Does the amount and location of the resources look good to you guys?

Looks good. If you settle Sao Paolo one west from your location, it will became very powerful. That's what I would do anyways, so hopefully that tile is labelled Sao Paolo as well.;)

Note that I don't know what entices the AI to settle certain areas. The AI Spain settles Montevideo/Buenos Aires with a near 100% probability in the games I've played. Will Portugal's AI do the same here?
Does the amount and location of the resources look good to you guys?
If the settler maps don't tell the AI otherwise, it should take ressources into account.

Your changes are really great, I'm currently considering to add them to my modmod.

I can make any changes to settler maps if needed (is it?)

Looks good. If you settle Sao Paolo one west from your location, it will became very powerful. That's what I would do anyways, so hopefully that tile is labelled Sao Paolo as well.;)
Unfortunately that tile is not Sao Paolo, you would be settling Curitiba. I could maybe change the city name maps though and shift Curitiba one tile South ;)

I have added pigs (dynamic spawn: AD1600 just like most of the resources in South America) and given the Spanish and Portuguese cities legendary culture (out of curiosity, this was) just to see where the borders would match up. Here's what I have so far: more ideas?

I am adding these changes to my mod as I go along, I will play a game to test soon, or I could send you all a copy while I work on it :)
Nody, I haven't got a screenshot as of yet but I have changed the corn 1N of Buenos Aires to wheat at your request and due to the wiki link you showed me :)

I can make any changes to settler maps if needed (is it?)
Might have to do that if the AI doesn't agree with us ;)

Does Rhye read most of the RFC threads?

P.S. Leoreth, you finished your mod!

P.S. Leoreth, you finished your mod!
Well, "finished" isn't the word I would've used, but I've uploaded it, yes :D

Philadelphia deserves better representation, with it and with the Florida city it covers the whole East coast except DC tile, additionally it is better resources. also Philadelphia was the first capital of the US

I would be cool if New York would sometimes switch to New Jersey... :lol:

And why is Nieuw Amsterdam renamed by the Americans in New York?

If New York/Amsterdam was still Dutch when it joined the USA I imagine it would still be called New Amsterdam.

Something to think about, heh? :think:

Philadelphia deserves better representation, with it and with the Florida city it covers the whole East coast except DC tile, additionally it is better resources. also Philadelphia was the first capital of the US
Philadelphia means that both New York and Washington are bad spots. Whilst Philadelphia was first capital, Washington is the city everyone recognises as being capital.

Manila...
Everyone can settle Manila. I've even changed all Philippine tiles to jungle, and Manila's changes to forest AD1600. ;)

Philadelphia means that both New York and Washington are bad spots.

New York isn't even possible with Philadelphia. It's just 1 tile S/SW of NY.

One more tile east is New Haven if I remember correctly. :mischief:

I don't know which version you have, but Rio has 1 crab and there is no clam south of there. I agree that Sao Paulo isn't a great city site if the crab isn't in it's fat cross.

I never founded Sao Paulo so I don't know where it is exactly and the AI never founds it, you sometimes see Curitiba, which is a good city site, but maybe should be renamed to Sao Paulo for it's relevance.

My bad i must have meant crab and wrote clam.

Houston needs some cows and oil off coast

Top Bottom