Which Civs/Nations do you want in the first Expansion for CivV?

Well, veBear, we've already discussed this in another thread, and I already shared my opinion with you, but since you opened a new thread here. I think I'll post my thoughts here too.

Civs I'd like to see in the first EP (in brackets a suggestion for a leader):
Norse (Canute)
Celts (Vercingetorix)
Spanish (Isabella)
Mongols (Genghis Khan)
Koreans (Wang Kon)
Carthaginians (Hannibal)
Zulu (Shaka)

Civs I'd like to see in the second EP:
Dutch (Willem van Oranje)
Portuguese (Henrique)
Poles (Jan Sobieski)
Khmer (Suryavarman)
Ethiopians (Menelik)
Maya (Pacal)
Inca (Pachacuti)

Civs I would like to see, but probably won't be added:
Swedes (Gustav Vasa)
Austrians (Franz-Joseph)
Hungarians (Matthias Corvinus)
Irish (Brian Boru)
Scots (Robert the Bruce)
Romanians (Mihai)
Hebrews (Solomon)
Assyrians (Sennacherib)
Hittites (Hattusili)
Armenians (Tigran)
Vietnamese (Le Loi)
Congolese (Nzinga a Nkuwu)
Sioux (Sitting Bull)
Polynesians (Kamehameha)

Civs I wouldn't like to have in the game:
Byzantines
Holy Romans
Sumerians

You guys do know that Byzantium was the eastern Roman empire? Sure, most of them spoke Greek, but most of the old nobility of Rome did too...

The Byzantine was indeed the leftover of rome, though in culture it was closer to greek. Its official language was for example greek, and most of the rulers were from greek dynasties, including Justinian I.

@IgorS
That is sure a detailed list and I mostly agree, though I would like to see Byzantium too and Majapahit/Indonesia

For a future expansion pack or DLC, I would like to see a few European civs, as well as at least 1 or 2 African and South American civs.
I think at least one South American civ is needed, as currently there is none. The closest you get to a South American civ in ciV, are the Aztecs, and that civilization was geographically located in what is now Mexico.
Also, I feel that Africa is severely under represented, with only the North African civ Egypt. I'd like to see a couple of extra African civs here, such as the Ethiopians or the Zulu.

Lastly, I have a huge love for Europeans civs, so I would naturally love to see more of those.
Specifically, I would like to see Spain as well as the Netherlands.
A Scandinavian civ would also be great to see, being Danish myself - as long as they don't call it Vikings, like in civ4. The term viking is really only fitting for a short period of Scandinavian history. I would much prefer that it be called something else, such as The Scandinavian Civilization, The Kalmar Union, The Norse Civilization, or that they simply went with a single Scandinavian country, such as The Swedish Civilization.

Also, I feel that Africa is severely under represented, with only the North African civ Egypt.
You forgot the Songhai

A Scandinavian civ would also be great to see, being Danish myself - as long as they don't call it Vikings, like in civ4.
After they called the Turks "Ottomans" again, I doubt they will call the Norse Vikings. But, what's great about Civ is that, if you don't like a certain name you can edit it.

Skaafsgard, you forgot songhai, they are also african :) I would like to Great Zimbabwe for a change, but I guess they will eventually stick with the zulu. Myself I am very happy that some of the all-time used leaders are out and hope for maybe Dido or Hamilcar for the carthaginians. Also I think an interesting byzantine leader would be Heraclius thinking of that he is the lesser known of the Byzantine four great emperors. Could be interesting.

You forgot the Songhai
Huh. I did - what a goof.
My mistake. Thanks for correcting me. :)

After they called the Turks "Ottomans" again, I doubt they will call the Norse Vikings. But, what's great about Civ is that, if you don't like a certain name you can edit it.
I hope they won't, anyway.
But that's only true to an extent. If I recall correctly, you can only edit the name of a civ if you're playing it, rather than the AI. And I'd much rather go up against The Scandinavian Civilization, than a bunch of smelly vikings. :D

Skaafsgard, you forgot songhai, they are also african :) I would like to Great Zimbabwe for a change, but I guess they will eventually stick with the zulu. Myself I am very happy that some of the all-time used leaders are out and hope for maybe Dido or Hamilcar for the carthaginians. Also I think an interesting byzantine leader would be Heraclius thinking of that he is the lesser known of the Byzantine four great emperors. Could be interesting.

Yeah, one of my favourite things about the Civ series is that they generally try to include at least a few lesser known civs. We've gotten the Songhai and the Siamese for Civ 5, and that kind of gets you to at least look them up. Wouldn't mind their doing the same thing with the leaders, as anything that gets me to read up on history willingly is a good thing.

Again, my must-haves are Spain and Mongols, then a Norse civ and the Inca. Aside from those, I'd like tosee some new civs I've never heard of.

<snip>

Moderator Action: Please don't announce that you are reporting a post, just report it. ;)
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Yeah, one of my favourite things about the Civ series is that they generally try to include at least a few lesser known civs. We've gotten the Songhai and the Siamese for Civ 5, and that kind of gets you to at least look them up./QUOTE]

The problem with this is that the new civs take away from the civs that really should be there, like the Mongols, Scandinavians, and Incans. The other ones that I would like to see would be the Dutch, the Assyrians, and some sort of Polynesian/Indonesian/Aboriginal civ.

Moderator Action: Please don't announce that you are reporting a post, just report it. ;)
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Apologies, will do so in the future.

The problem with this is that the new civs take away from the civs that really should be there, like the Mongols, Scandinavians, and Incans. The other ones that I would like to see would be the Dutch, the Assyrians, and some sort of Polynesian/Indonesian/Aboriginal civ.

That's true, but I do appreciate the variety, and I'm guessing they're keeping some of the mainstays for the expansions (because I'd imagine more people will buy a game that adds Mongolia as a civ than an expansion that adds say, Tonga).

All I'm going to say is I'm very thankful we have mods. :)

But that's only true to an extent. If I recall correctly, you can only edit the name of a civ if you're playing it, rather than the AI. And I'd much rather go up against The Scandinavian Civilization, than a bunch of smelly vikings. :D

No, you're wrong here - you can edit the files of the game (which is not difficult at all, and there are plenty of guides and people you can ask on the forums), and change the name of the civ as it appears in the game itself.

Or because he saw your way of posting a bit... inapropriate.

Im being a korean and like to build up a korean empire with a female leader
other nation would be Britannia/United Kingdom/Great Britain also with female leader Elizabeth I.
or United States of Americaa(female leader)

or Geronimooo, Apache leader striking down whites for an Indian American World Empire

or Geronimooo, Apache leader striking down whites for an Indian American World Empire

He features ingame as a great general.

I'd like to see:

Inca
Nubia
Polynesia / Maori
Aborigine (Australian Natives)
Byzantium
Mongol
Navajo
Spain

Spain is a no-brainer.

Spain, Norse, Mongolia, Korea, Inca and Ethiopia would be fine.

These fisrt 3 should have been in the game from the off. Seriously WTF?

Vikings
Zulu
Mongolia

Carthage - Amphibious attack elephants?
Minoans - very influencal and have a wonderfull Aesthetic. A trading civ?
Polynesians - Spead from Tailand over nearly all of the Pacific. A good water map civ with an early embarcation for settlers maybe?

It better contain Babylon as well now I think about it. And all the other DLC civs. And a moon on a stick.

I definately want to see the dutch civilisation. They were after all one of the 6 biggest empires in the world at one point. Also, there's a lot of ways to go with it.

One cool trait would be Colonization. Basically, if you'd annex a city on a different land mass or far enough away from your capital bordering a sea, you don't get a happiness penalty for occupation.

Another way to do that without the trait, and with a UB instead would be to give the harbor the effects of a courthouse, and make it 50% more expensive to produce. If you leverage it, it would be very powerful, but like other civ traits/UB's, it's situational.

Otherwise, there's always still the choice of making the UB the windmill and making the UU the east indiaman replacing the caravel.

Top Bottom