1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Which is better: Star Trek or Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The Condor, Dec 31, 2005.

?

Which is better?

1. Star Trek

27.3%
  2. Star Wars

58.0%
  3. I don't like either of them.

5.6%
  4. This is probably the dumbest poll of yours yet Condor!

9.1%
  1. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

star wars does not only use lasers it uses pure energy thermal missles concussions missles and various other solid atack form and also sonic weaponry but you aslo have to look at the factr that there different time priods and different imaginative universes all together

2. skadistic

skadistic Caomhanach

Niether Star Gate rules baby!

let the flames begin :)

3. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

and star wars isn't some fiary tale story it involves internal conflicts and political degenaration as well as an awsome fan base there are clearly many more star wars fans than star trek fans

4. Pasi Nurminen

Pasi Nurminen Deity

Then why did the original Star Trek, which was produced long before Star Wars, have phasers, which it described as being superior to the obsolete lasers?

5. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

of coarse the two most popular star wars and trek could ban the other less important star series

6. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

note my last post but arn't phasers just lasers with less power so they incapacitate the one being shot at

7. Smellincoffee

Smellincoffee Trekkie At Large

No, they're not. Phasers (Starfleet weapons, anyway) can be set to various levels -- stun, heavy stun, kill, disintegrate, and so forth. Some species, such as Klingons, don't bother with stun settings. They're more refined than Han Salo's blasters. If you're interested, there's a Star Trek wikipedia with an article on phasers.

And just because there's more Star Wars fans than Trekkies at CFC doesn't mean there are more Star Wars fans in general. ;) In any case, it doesn't influence my opinion any.

8. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    None of the crappy Star Trek ships cant stand the chance of the mighty Death Star which can destroy a planet with a single shot!

Right on Ironmam!!! :thumbsup:.

Do I sense a great battle between the Star Wars fans and the trekies :hmm:. I know I am pro-Star Wars :thumbsup:.

9. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

even though i'm in favor of star wars the organ scrambler is awsome

10. Smellincoffee

Those Death Stars don't have much of a kill ratio :p I'm sure it would be easy enough for our heroes in Starfleet to disable one.

11. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

but civgeneral the death star fires a giant laser dun dun duuunnn

12. North King

North King blech

Star Wars' weapons are *blasters* not *lasers*, and that's an important distinction. The *blasters* are primarily... I forget, something like "excited gas" and the light is just a harmless byproduct. It's more than a laser, though.

EDIT: the Borg could pwn any imperials any day, though.

13. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

well acuall they do the first one killed an entire palnet so theres a couble of billion then the second destroyed several large rebal ships so theres another couble hundred thousand even though as reaveled in tales of the bountie hunters the second death star was controlled by the assin driod Ig:88

14. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

yes they are blasters but they do use cerntain lasers but there not normal there enhanced somehow

15. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

New Suramar City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    Not if the Death Star is protected by a fleet of Imperial Star Destroyers and Star Dreadnoughts along with a a ton of TIE fighters.

I know, it can make scrap metal out of the Borg cube :D.

Bah, the Borgs would be shaking in their little space boots when they see the Death Star :evil:.

16. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

and no they couldn't the imperials could defeat the borg hands down lets se the most powerful imperial ships are the second death star the excutor and the first death star each one had many star destroyers and many variuos tie now lets see the borgs have oh my god i giant cube ahhhh

17. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

imperial dreadnots never heard of those are they the war time republics pre imperialistic version of the star destroyer

18. IronMan2055

IronMan2055 Korra 2011

when i looked up star dread nought it was a trekie ship

19. The Condor

The Condor On an excellent adventure

Hey, Iron Man no triple posts:nono: just quote multiple people in the "Go Advanced" area. Also, thank you RoboPig and MarineCorps for your lovely choices:p.

20. Smellincoffee

Oh, I don't know. A fast, tough ship like the Defiant could weave through those huge ships with ease. As a bonus, the Defiant has a cloak. And you're forgetting that the Borg have that nifty ability to adapt to energy after a few shots. Now a Jedi could do some damage on a Borg ship, especially since the Borg are pretty much space zombies -- they sort of lumber toward you...but instead of growling "Brains! Brains!" they say things like "Resistance is futile" and "Your culture will adapt to service us." But it's going to take any Jedi a very long time to clear out every single drone from one of those cubes.