Which will the 6(5) new leaders be ? (for civilizations that are already in game)

Choose only two from the available options bellow , for which Leader you would prefer

• Germany : Hitler

Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Germany : Barbarossa

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Germany : Charlemagne

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • France : Charles de Gaule

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • France : Charlemagne

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Rome : Trajan

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Rome : Claudius

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Persia : Darius

Votes: 25 21.7%
  • Persia :Shapur II

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Spain : Charles V

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Spain : Philip II

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Arabia : Abu Bakr

Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Arabia :`Umar ibn al-Khattāb

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Japan : Meji

Votes: 59 51.3%

• Total voters
Why does everyone look at how something ended, infact lets do this for everyone. Napoleon didn't keep his gains, and also allowed France to fall into ruins. You can't say someone who revived a Nation such as the 1929-30 Germany once more into a superpower can be said to be a failure. The damage done to Germany by the allies was mainly to do with the divisions of the East and West and more importantly the cold war. Germany had been split up between the four victorious nations unlike any other war before. Whilst Japan had only been taken by the West, Germany had the issue of the USSR having control of a section. The USSR refused talks in the reunification process and then we had East and West Germany. Oh, and get Stalin the **** out of the game if you think Hitler should not have been in. He killed more of his own people than the fatality list of the entire Second World War for any and all nations. He killed his own generals because he didn't want them to overthrow him, and if it wasn't for the USA the Russian winter would have done near nothing to stop the Germans, let alone fight them back. I would actually say Stalin was a joke of a leader and his only progress came from the most horrific acts mankind has every seen. At least Hitler only took on groups of people instead of everyone, and he achived probably more than Stalin did in the build up to the war. I personally can't stand the idea of the Josif the jackass being in the game over Hitler or any number of better leaders. The most impressive thing the communist pigdog did was gain power through a you scratch my back I'll stab yours meathod. It happens with the ALP too, its how we're assured to have the biggest nutjob, arseholes we can get. Just in my lifetime we've had the likes of Keating, Latham and the current joke of a man; Rudd (Beazley & Creen I didn't have that much against, Hawk I did't mind). People concider Hitler again, read up on him. Forget late 1939, for get the holocaust (yes it was horrific, but no worse than 'a day in the life of Joseph Dzhugashvili'). Remember he rebuilt Germany, united them and took on the world with Japan and the incompetant Italians.

:deadhorse:
Revived Germany. Turned it into a superpower. Ignore his mass slaughter because Napoleon or Stalin is no better. Illegal in Germany. Other points. And others. Blah blah, been there, done that.

Nice, okay no more Hitler talk.

What I keep wondering is why people just suggested a protective Japanese leader (Meiji). I mean, weren't you all complaining how every Asian leader has protective? Despite that, isn't Ol' Toku protective? No need to have that trait twice with the civ...

:wallbash: :shifty: :goodjob:

mick ;)

I was also upset with Boudica's inclusion over other more deserving rulers.

Perhaps you could propose other female leaders. I think it's an effort to give half of the potential market more options. Afterall didn't civ II gold have a female leader for each civ?

I suggest a cheese wedge to lead france in the new game.

When I said Timur Lenk, I did say for the Mongols.
And why do you think the Chinese and Mongols don't need a 3rd leader?

I think China needs a mercantile leader. You know, to represent those funny (and usually shady!) Chinese merchants we hear and see in TV. He could be Pro/Fin, because he has to be Pro.

Napoleon didn't keep his gains, and also allowed France to fall into ruins.

The Code Napoleon was (and still is) the basis for law in continental Europe.

Napoleon destroyed the Holy Roman Empire.

Napoleon's "destruction of France" was so bad and the French people were so angry about that... he managed to re-conquer France with 3 guys and a horse, and then launch another war of aggression which resulted in Waterloo, where it took the combined might of Europe to crush him... again.

Even then the Brits poisoned him on Elba just in case.

Napoleon is *still* loved in large parts of Europe, and oddly enough is loved very much in a place you'd never expect: Israel.

Napoleon once asked if French Jews could be French first and Jews second. When that was answered in the affirmative, the Jews were granted equal rights for the first time in nearly 2 millenia.

Napoleon washed away the feudal system in Europe with the blood of peasants, brought the rule of equality and law to places that were previously tyrannies and despotates, and did it while fighting the combined might of Europe.

Just because the guy lost doesn't mean he shouldn't be revered for trying.

Hitler's stated aims were slightly different than "liberte, egalite, et fraternite".

Here’s “my wishlist”

President Abraham Lincoln of America = Imp/Phi
Queen Boudica of Celts = Agg/Cha
Conquistador Hernán Cortés of Spain = Spi/Imp
General Pericles of Greece = Ind/Imp
Caliph Abu Bakr of Arabia = Exp/Cre
Empress Jingū of Japan = Agg/Org

Saint Joan d'Arc of France = Cha/Cre
Would also be a cool addition.

My guesses for the 6 old/new leaders:

Queen Boadicea Agg/Cha
President Lincoln Cha/Phi
General Pericles Cre/Phi
President De Gaulle Cha/Cre
King Felipe II of Spain Spi/Imp
Sultan Suleyman the Magnificent of Ottomans Imp/Ind

Joan d'Arc was removed, Saladin controlled Mecca. And Cortés led a band of Spaniards, not the Spaniards themselves.

Phillip would be a nice addition, but I think the Spanish spirit is well represented in the unbearable Isabella.

My wish list (apart from Lincoln and Boudicca)

Barbarossa of Germany
Cao Cao of China
Pericles of Greece
Charlemagne of France

Top Bottom