Which Wonder is absolute must have?

Hmm I always build a worker first.

a4phantom said:
Hmm I always build a worker first.

Yes, workers are nice right off the bat as they can get you started with infrastructure. However, since workers and settlers have that little side effect of not letting your city grow while in production, I try not to build either of those two units until my city has grown at least a size of one. The difference between building a worker at size one and size two can be quite large. The other reason I like waiting on a worker is that it gives me time to discover technology to keep them busy. I like my workers keeping my workers hopping until later in my game.

Building warrior-worker-settler is going to produce a settler slower than worker-settler.

After you pump out a settler, you can build a military unit to grow the city.

It's important to get the 2nd city rather quickly IMO.

Spiral Minaret. Gold, gold, and more gold.

Xanxir said:
Yes, workers are nice right off the bat as they can get you started with infrastructure. However, since workers and settlers have that little side effect of not letting your city grow while in production, I try not to build either of those two units until my city has grown at least a size of one. The difference between building a worker at size one and size two can be quite large.

That's how I used to do it but then I realized that building that first farm ASAP makes up the difference (my observation, not mathematically calculated). This is especially true if you start out, as capital cities often do, by vastly improvable food resources. Of course the best of both worlds is to start out with fishing and two coastal squares with seafood :)

Xanxir said:
The other reason I like waiting on a worker is that it gives me time to discover technology to keep them busy. I like my workers keeping my workers hopping until later in my game.

When playing a civ that starts with Mysticism and racing for Hinduism I did that, but now I always research agriculture right away unless there're cows or sheep or pigs nearby and I started with Hunting.

Top Bottom