Who killed Mahmoud al Mabhouh?

Little Raven

On Walkabout
People who had watched WAY too many spy movies.
Dubai officials suggested that the killers — whoever they were — did indeed practice some sloppy tradecraft. Although the assassination itself was carried out without attracting any notice, the suspects allowed themselves to be photographed repeatedly on surveillance cameras, sometimes ducking into bathrooms and emerging with fake beards but still recognizable, the Dubai police say.

One of the suspects, a woman identified as Gail Folliard, can be seen on surveillance footage wearing a wig, and at other times a big hat and sunglasses, apparently to blend in as a tourist. The suspects arrived in Dubai, flying from different countries, at the same time, and carefully tracked Mr. Mabhouh, according to the Dubai police account. Some even rode in the hotel elevator with the victim, following discreetly to make sure he entered his room.

A four-man team carried out the killing, which took only 10 minutes, by suffocating Mr. Mabhouh after entering his room with an electronic device, the Dubai police account said, andafterwards, the suspects all left Dubai on different airlines, traveling to various destinations in Europe and Asia.
While I'm sure there's no shortage of people who wanted him dead, the methodology of the killers suggests it was either a Western power or someone with equivalent resources who wanted to frame a Western power. That doesn't leave too many players.

It was almost certainly us or Israel. And honestly, I don't see why we'd care.

If the CIA or Mossad is that sloppy, I'm worried.

The israelis, obviously. I don't see why governments in other countries suffer those ******* to have their agents go around with fake passports. Germany, Ireland, France, etc... the EU might do something useful for a change and declare should a full embargo on Israel until their murderers stop using european passports. That's not sloppy work, that's an insult and cause for more that the usual diplomatic protests.

Not to mention some murders done on European soil.

So.. are they gonna be caught?
I wouldn't hold your breath. There are a lot of governments that would be just as happy to let this one lie.

Or at least, two governments. The ones that matter. ;)

If some of these people show up in some Western country, I hope that country shows a middle finger to Dubai if it dares to ask for their arrest.

Arabs are sponsoring anti-Western and anti-Israeli terrorism all over the world and Arab countries often harbour terrorists - therefore if someone gives them a taste of their own medicine, it will be fully justified.

The israelis, obviously. I don't see why governments in other countries suffer those ******* to have their agents go around with fake passports. Germany, Ireland, France, etc... the EU might do something useful for a change and declare should a full embargo on Israel until their murderers stop using european passports. That's not sloppy work, that's an insult and cause for more that the usual diplomatic protests.

On the contrary, we should congratulate them for doing the dirty work for us :p If only more terrorists were quietly disposed of this way. And not just active terrorists, their prominent supporters should be targeted as well. Terrorism is a double-edged sword...

Did this beard happen to have a Camera in it? Did this electric device say 'Electro-Sapper' on it?

If Mossad is that sloppy, I'm worried.

The New Zealand police (and spy agencys) managed to catch some of Mossad agents, and as great as New Zealand is, we arn't known for our elite spys (because everyone loves us). So they can't be that great.

They also caught some french spys as well, but thats another story.

and by the way, the whole fake passport things is exactly what they were caught doing in nz, if they werent court you would probably hear that a bunch of nz passports blew up some kids in some burkastan.

Because obviously the wrong doers here aren't the terrorists or those who host them, but the people trying to stop them from attacking innocent civilians... In any case, as long as there isn't any serious indication that Israel is behind it, I don't see how you can justify actions against us.

As for your passports, I have a better idea - how about declaring a full embargo on the countries that sponsor and host terrorists? As long as Dubai allows terrorists to stay in its territory they have no reason to complain when these terrorists die on their territory. And as long as European countries do nothing about that in order to keep their good relations with these terrorism supporting coutnries, I think they can only blame themselves when their passports are used for such actions.

Not to mention, ofcource, they many terrorists who took refuge in European soil.

Because obviously the wrong doers here aren't the terrorists or those who host them, but the people trying to stop them from attacking innocent civilians... In any case, as long as there isn't any serious indication that Israel is behind it, I don't see how you can justify actions against us.

As for your passports, I have a better idea - how about declaring a full embargo on the countries that sponsor and host terrorists? As long as Dubai allows terrorists to stay in its territory they have no reason to complain when these terrorists die on their territory. And as long as European countries do nothing about that in order to keep their good relations with these terrorism supporting coutnries, I think they can only blame themselves when their passports are used for such actions.

Not to mention, ofcource, they many terrorists who took refuge in European soil.

One persons terrorists are another's Freedom fighters, Some "terrorists" bomb Israel, then Israel bombs some civilians, "terrorists" shoot up a Olympics team, Israel sends letter bombs. Israel bombs the crap out of a neighbor, "terrorists" launch some rockets and do some kidnappings. Who is to say who is right? Both sides are as bad as each other.

If Israel are so righteous, and the terrorists are so evil, why not just send a bomber or a squad of uniformed soldiers to kill this terrorist, these people are the enemy of Israel, why not go kill them? Why steal the identity of cerebral palsy sufferer's to illegally gain a passport from a friendly nation, to go and murder people in another friendly nation?

It might be some assassins hired by some arms dealers, considering who this guy who, i woudn't rule that out..

One persons terrorists are another's Freedom fighters, Some "terrorists" bomb Israel, then Israel bombs some civilians, "terrorists" shoot up a Olympics team, Israel sends letter bombs. Israel bombs the crap out of a neighbor, "terrorists" launch some rockets and do some kidnappings. Who is to say who is right? Both sides are as bad as each other.

No, no, no and again - no. Terrorists are such not because of what they fight for but because of how they fight. The deliberate targeting of civilians is unacceptable for any reason. That's also the difference between Israel and the terrorists - Israel doesn't bomb civilians and Israel assasinates only those who deserve to be assasinated.
If you allow terrorists to continue their actions you're essentially saying that anyone who disagrees with anything can just take a gun and start shooting people - after all, who is to say that it's wrong?

If Israel are so righteous, and the terrorists are so evil, why not just send a bomber or a squad of uniformed soldiers to kill this terrorist, these people are the enemy of Israel, why not go kill them? Why steal the identity of cerebral palsy sufferer's to illegally gain a passport from a friendly nation, to go and murder people in another friendly nation?

Let's compare the two options:
1. Assassination - the terrorist is dead. A handful of people suffer because their passports were used, which is very annoying, but not really dangerous.
2. Military action - Israel attacks Gaza, Lebanon, Syria, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, the UAE, Sudan and Yemen (which is a fairly condervative list - other countries support terrorism in less obvious ways). I don't think it would be an over-estimate to say that hundreds of thousands will die in this all out middle east war.

Do you really think that the second option is better?

These were amateurs, or else people being deliberately visible. So either it's an attempt to incite Palestinian anger against the British and Irish or it's a new Israeli terrorist group.

How the hell can people justify them using OUR passports, a neutral nation which has no issues with it's Muslim community, to execute people?

How the hell can people justify them using OUR passports, a neutral nation which has no issues with it's Muslim community, to execute people?

How about - "Because there's no other choice"? If the choice is between allowing a terrorist to act and kill others or using a neutral country's passports, would you choose the papers over the human lives?
Also, there's really no such thing as "neutral" on these issues - if you ignore the fact that another country is hosting terrorists in order to protect your relations with that country you are a part of the problem.

How about - "Because there's no other choice"? If the choice is between allowing a terrorist to act and kill others or using a neutral country's passports, would you choose the papers over the human lives?
Also, there's really no such thing as "neutral" on these issues - if you ignore the fact that another country is hosting terrorists in order to protect your relations with that country you are a part of the problem.

Who the hell do tyou think you are?

you don't get to decide you can violate a country's laws because you feel you have to. you don't get to tell us you don't feel there is no such things as neutral and thus your country can ignore my country's laws? What the hell are you talking about Ireland hosting Palestinian terrorists?

The arrogance is beyond belief... this is a sovereign state - one that had to put up with an aggressive colonial neighbour - and Israel doesn't get to decide it can freely violate our laws.

Erm, no. I'm glad the guy's dead and I'll tip my hat to the assassins, but forging another nation's passports is a no-no. It's an invasion of that country's sovereignty. The ends may justify the means for you, but that includes accepting the ramifications. I'd fully support an embargo against any country implicit in forging Canadian passports.

Top Bottom