1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by whoward69, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Wallabulla

Wallabulla Warlord

Hehe, not strange that some things go wrong with so many mods :)

2. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Fixed and an updated version uploaded

3. bladex

bladex Emperor

tried to use DLL - Various Mod Components (v 25) today but it says it's not compatible with my game version? tried clear cache, moduserdata no good...

4. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

At a guess you're not using the public beta

Second line of the web-page for the mod

"Various DLL mod components (1.0.3.128)"

5. bladex

bladex Emperor

no i'm not using the beta i don't even know there was one. steam says there's no beta updates available ?

6. rltmd317

rltmd317 Chieftain

7. bladex

bladex Emperor

oh well i'll have to wait than.

8. rltmd317

rltmd317 Chieftain

Just download dll23 and uncheck dll25 when loading the game and you will be good to go

9. bladex

bladex Emperor

i hope the newer city expansion still works with 23 though o well i'll soon find out.

edit - it does however don 't use a mod called Emigration with it. causes it not to work at all.

10. Jolan

Jolan Chieftain

Whoward, I've tried using some of your mods yesterday (latest versions of the mods, game's updated to the latest beta patch), and I'm getting crashes whenever I try to load a game or when I try to exit to main menu. I've been fiddling with starting new games with different mods enabled or disabled, but so far haven't found the culprit. Do you happen to know a way that'll let me do this search more efficiently? (I'm using a lot of 'em, so just going through them all would take me several days).

11. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Loading an existing save from pre-v25 of the DLL, or loading a save from a new game started with v25? The former won't work (loads of stuff added into the save file), that latter should (I use it all the time ;))

Are all the mods mine? If not, check the other mods for modifications to core files that may conflict with ones I've modded - those are the obvious candidates for causing problems.

12. Jolan

Jolan Chieftain

Aside from InfoAddict, a mod that improves locations of some natural wonders and some mod that highlights city limits, I'm only using your mods. They show no dependencies or blocks, so I was trying to get it all to work with them enabled. After disabling them, everything seems to work, but when I just enable InfoAddict on top of your stuff, the game crashes when loading a recent save (the intial save for the fresh game I started with those mods). The other two mods seem to play nice with your mods.

So it's a conflict between InfoAddict and one or more of your many mods. Would you happen to know of any previously reported conflicts with IA?

13. GMO

GMO Warlord

I guess it's too early to say whether this mod is compatible with the latest patch?

14. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Any particular mod(s) of the 199 in the Pick'N'Mix selection ;)

The following core files have changed between 3.128 and 3.142
    • ActionInfoPanel.lua
    • AdvancedSetup.lua
    • GameSetupScreen.lua
    affecting the following mods
    • Maps - Improved Small Landmasses
    • UI - City Expansion [only affects Hot Seat players]
    • UI - Multiple Unique Bonuses (GK)

15. ronjon

ronjon Warlord

I looked through your mods, and I could not find a mod that un-nerfs barbarians. looked on steam also. Does such a mod exist.

16. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

No idea what you mean by this :confused:

17. ronjon

ronjon Warlord

. Barbarians are not as tough as the units of regular nations, correct? I simply want them to have the same toughness, or to simply lose the same amount of hit points per battle as other units. I would also like for them to be able to heal.

18. ronjon

ronjon Warlord

Also, is there a mod that allows more nations per game to be played against?

19. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Most barb units are the same strength as their counterparts it's just that you get bonuses vs barbs depending on the level you're playing at (most of these are in Civ5Hadicaps.xml). Barbs not healing is hard-coded in the DLL, so you'd either need to mod that, or write some Lua to find every barb unit at the end of their turn and manually apply healing

20. ronjon

ronjon Warlord

thanks, did not realize. I play king. Wondered why some people had trouble with barbarians. I am trying to learn to mod, but I have no background in computers, so this is like learning a foreign language through sense of smell, and gives me pain in various body parts.