1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Mod Components' started by whoward69, Jul 7, 2011.

1. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Correct, the excess production affected gameplay so needed fixing urgently, the double trade routes is only visual (but I think I know what it is) so not critical

2. Wallabulla

Wallabulla Warlord

Thanks for fixing the production error :)

3. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Just been playing with Pontoon Bridges and this is now fixed

4. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Been fixing some stacking issues (and writing a couple of micro-mods to illustrate different stacking combinations/possibilities)

1 unit-per-tile, 2 units-per-fort/citadel, 3 units-per-city

(Edit: These are all configurable, so 5 units per city, 4 units per citadel, three units per fort and 2 units per tile would be another possibility.)

DLL - Various Mod Components (v 30)
    Global - 3 Units Per City (v 1)
    Global - 2 Units Per Fort (v 1)
    Improvement - Airbases (v 7) - needed for the UnitFlagManager.lua updates

Attached Files:

5. rltmd317

rltmd317 Chieftain

Thanks for all the great mods. I now play 126 of your mods. I was wondering if it would be possible to create a mod similar to Grateful Settlers that sometimes when capturing settlers from other civilizations would leave them as settlers.

6. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Many thanks :D

It was something I initially thought of doing, but, upon reflection, directly capturing settlers and keeping them as settlers (and not workers, ie slaves) didn't seem "right"

"Bye all! We're off to start a new city" ...
    "Rats we've been captured by our foes, but hey, let's build them a city"
    doesn't sit quite the same as
    "Rats we've been captured by barbarians, and now we've been freed by our (new) friends, let's build them a city instead"

7. ATG

ATG Chieftain

Been having a blast using only your pix n mix mods.

Just ran into a bug with the Great Work Vaults and Great Work Research mods. Any work of art placed into a bank or university will not show up on the great works screen, resulting in my art works being stuck in the city they were created. Thankfully, I also installed your great works manager mod and was able to move them from there.

8. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

The bug is with Firaxis, and their hard-coding of the standard Great Work screen to only work with the buildings they added. That's why I wrote the Great Work Manager replacement ;)

9. ATG

ATG Chieftain

Thanks, it wasn't documented in your mod description that the manager would be a necessity in order to use your vault mods.

Also, I just noticed that my art/artifacts do not count towards my tourism while kept in bank vaults (haven't checked universities yet). I kept wondering why my tourism was so low...then I moved all my art/artifacts from the vaults to my museums/wonders and noticed they counted towards my tourism. Again, not sure if this is a bug or an undocumented feature.

If this was intended, I would imagine the reasoning behind this would be since its not on display but locked away in a vault, then no visitors could see it...hence the lack of tourism output ? :confused:

They are still very useful though because they allow me to start digging up antiquity sites and storing them in vaults until later when I can get all my museums up and running.

10. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

11. BernardoAZ

BernardoAZ Chieftain

I have been playing with the Global - 3 Units Per City (v 1) mod. Sometimes when a unit is moved from a city to another location, theunit graphic moves, but the unit symbl remains in the city. It is not consistent, and the game does not crash. Any idea as to what is happening?

12. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

I've noticed that there are two trade destination cities per city when trying to choose a trade route. The yeilds that can be had from each are different. One is usually 2 or 3 gold more than the other.

Example: There will be two Berlins. The first will be for 12 gold the second for 9 gold.
    I was playing a Ahmed Mansur if that makes a difference.

Also when using the mod that shows the destination hex of a unit with orders... It took me a little while to figure out just what was happeneing...
    If you choose to have a unit travel a long distance, then go back and click on them because you have changed your mind, or perhaps you just want to see where they have been sent to... that the screen jumps to the destination cell when I first click on the unit.

Example: So if I have a fleet of Battleships that I am sending half way round the world to attack someone, then I realize that relations are breaking down with my nieghbor and need them back. As I click on each one the screen jumps halfway round the world to the ships destination hex, then I have to scroll back to give the ship new orders. Then click on the next one and it jumps half way round the world again etc.

I think showing the destination is really cool... but keeping the focus with the original unit is important. Possibly a dotted line of some kind that shows the path they are planning on taking.

I noticed that when I gift a unit to a City State it doesn't give me the 5 points of influence.

I think other than that so far everything is running smooth.

I am playing a Large Continents Plus game. Only pick n mix mods... King difficulty the next speed up from Standard.

13. Dunkah

Dunkah Emperor

Sorry for the double post. Went on to read other things then remembered another issue.

AT some point in time in my last game I started to notice a real drain on my economy. I was running pretty smoothly at about 100 gpt. as I started to war more and more this dropped and raised. But at one point I took a capitulation form Denmark and went immediately to -30 gpt. I had captured Williams capitol, then he capitulated and gave me another city that I decided to raze.

I started to cover my losses by converting cities to Gold production as their current production queues emptied. and managed to get my losses to about -2 or -3 gpt.

But then I hit a natural golden age. I immediately jumped back to +200 gpt! :crazyeye:

Perhaps that was the turn that the city finally was razed once and for all but that seemed really weird to me. After that my economy stayed positive most of the rest of the game.

I don't have access to any of my game files currently as I am at work. And I don't think I have the game saved back that far as I finished it up last night.

14. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

That's a really weird one!

15. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Known bug, pick the top one! It's fixed in V31 (IIRC) of the DLL

16. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

17. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

Just run some tests and this appears to be working correctly. If I gift a unit within the borders of the CS I get the influence immediately, if I gift the unit from afar I get it when the unit shows up (usually after a three turn delay). If I gift lots of units, I only get it for the first few (3 or 4 can't remember which exactly, but that's also what the code says)

18. St John

St John Chieftain

I am in the middle of a game and the Great Works Manager has stopped working. It was fine until a few turns back, don't check it every turn, now I click on it in the list and nothing happens. I have 8 art or artifacts stored in banks or universities and no way to move them. When I dig something up or produce a work of art it automatically goes to a bank or university even though I have open slots in Wounder buildings. Have you seen this before and is there a way to make the mod work again?

19. whoward69

whoward69 DLL Minion

What's in lua.log?

20. St John

St John Chieftain

Where is the lua.log?