WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

I found the turn it stopped working. Trying different actions I discovered that choosing the theme "Cultural Capital of Technology" from the "Cultural Capitals" mod causes your Great Works Manager mod to fail. Your mod continues to work if I choose a different theme. I don't know if there is anything you can do or if I should report the problem to the other mod author.

I searched My Documents and found this [616420.665] Initializing Lua 5.1.4

You also need to enable logging then, see the link in my sig

I turned logging on and loaded the turn in which the failure occurs. I then selected the "Cultural Capital of Technology" and played through the turn. Here is the lua.log file. I had to save it as a text file to attach it. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Lua log.txt
    91.9 KB · Views: 65
One of your other mods is adding a building that has more than one great work slot without specifying what (if anything) the theming bonus is - ie it sets GreatWorkCount to be greater than one but omits to set a value for ThemingBonusHelp

It seems I am now limited to six aircraft a city. I am up to date on all your mods I am playing (127) including dll 32. Any ideas?

Nothing to do with me, it was a change that came with the last patch from Firaxis

i was browsing your collection of greats mods. quite and impressive work i must say!

anyway, i saw your stock pile mod. didn't test it out but it's a great idea! i recently completed my very first game in civ 5 and again was annoyed how marathons game speed is balanced. therefore got again into modding things...

basically i want a marathon game speed that only affects research and city growth thus allowing cities to complete all buildings and giving units of each age enough turns to make an impactfull appearance. that of course causes them to run out of stuff to produce (can't build endless military) leaving just the research and wealth processes. your stock pile is a welcome addition and i am looking of adding more 'end state' options. 'housing' was my idea but i didn't want to just turn production into food which would be unbalanced. but i guess anything along the lines of a (production independent) multiplicator to the food surplus is something only a dll mod can achieve - which isn't the kind of trouble i am currently looking getting into. so i am turning to the expert and wondering what kind of options do i have with your dll? i assume you had expanded the xml tags for building processes for your stock pile mod?

Production into food (and probably culture and faith) should be possible via xml. Stockpiling is basically production into overflow production so needed a few dll tweaks to remove an infinite recursive loop that caused and to side-step an exploit fix.

turning production into raw food is a bad idea for balance reasons since huge cities would get insane growth rates this way even if they are otherwise starving. setting the food yield percentage very low in order to keep late game mega cities balanced would make it utterly useless for developing cities and all earlier ages. therefore another machanic is needed if this is to be added - and if the processes do not allow for anything else then turning a percentage of production into a yield type then i think i have to scratch the idea.

production into culture or faith makes more sense. though probably due to social policies culture production wasn't added. but it looks like it's possible to combine multiple yield types in one process and perhaps even use negative yields (if dll doesn't cap them to 0) to make them represent costs. adding new yield types seems also possible via xml though i haven't figured out what the potential of doing so is. was thinking of a YIELD_UNITXP to slowly train units garrisoned in the city. i doubt xml is capable of that but lua just might.

as for stockpiling, how does it interact with processes like wealth? does it turn the overflow into gold or does it preserve it?

Just want to say love your mods!

One suggestion for your download page - can you add a change date to the recently updated list - it's hard to tell straight away which mods I need to update!

whoward - have you seen anything that can limit city growth to a pop number?

I'd like to have a PoP cap value but base it on tile improvements.

For example - if you have a bath its +2, temple +2 etc. I'd also like to make it mutually exclusive (so you have separate "buckets" to fill to grow your cities.)

Basically some way to make city development sim-city like if you are playing small.

What's wrong with Civ Fanatics ? It does not let me download this one... Would you kindly post a copy of what you've downloaded ? Thx.

Read the comments on steam for this mod. I had to delete cache and then subscribe only when I load the game, then exit and restart before I could get it to download. Just subscribing then starting the game did not work for me....

and fyi when you delete cache you have to select all your mods again. I play 140 lol...

Read the comments on steam for this mod. I had to delete cache and then subscribe only when I load the game, then exit and restart before I could get it to download. Just subscribing then starting the game did not work for me....

and fyi when you delete cache you have to select all your mods again. I play 140 lol...

Sometimes mods download from Steam but don't get unzipped.
The mod may be in your mod folder so you would have to unzip it yourself.
This is something to check instead of having to select all your mods again.

This would be better discussed under the thread for that mod, not my Pick'N'Mix mods

Playing with City Working distance a lot lately and discovered an interesting issue: Automated workers will go outside the 3 ring for luxuries, and strategic resources but not food sources and not to repair pillage or clean fallout. They definitely are not aware that all five rings are workable. The same bug may exist in the city placement of worked tiles too, I'm trying to nail that down.

Have been using a bunch of these. 1 in particular I would like to have a little explanation on.

The pick your own tiles mod. Why is it that sometimes some of the tiles are not free? Last night I ran into a situation where the cheapest tile was 395 gold. I didn't actually have that much gold so I differed for 10 turns or so. After that I bought one of the tiles and the very next turn it gave me a tile for free?

Why is it that sometimes some of the tiles are not free?

Short answer, because there is a free tile in a ring you can't pick from.

Eg, all tiles in ring 1 and 2 are taken and the only remaining tiles in ring 3 are all "hills with forest", in ring 4 there are some "flat plains, no resources" tiles. The cost of the ring 4 tiles are actually cheaper than the ring 3 ones, so the discount on buying the ring 3 tiles is not actually enough to make them free.

I've now changed the code such that if you can't actually pick a free tile the computer won't give you the choice and just pick one (in this case from the ring 4 tiles) for you

Top Bottom