WHoward's Pick 'N' Mix Mods

No, I've given up with it. Not used in any of my mods and too many changes between G&K and BNW to make it worth my while updating it.

That's too bad, I'd really like to use it in my mod. Perhaps I can try to update it for BNW myself...

First, let me say great work on all those mods. Your Enhanced DLL is absolutely wonderful (and made some of the things I wanted to do in my mod - crossing mountains/ice, cross class promotions, etc - so much easier than the brutal implementation I was using previously). Also, dissecting several of your mods has greatly increased my understanding of modding.

Now, after reading your Terms of Use, I feel there's a question missing: Can I freely distribute a compendium of your mods of which I claim no ownership but bear responsibility for keeping up to date?

I created a compendium of your mods I wished to reference for mine (excluding DLL so it retains it's unique ID since it's required by others) and after a few quick tests to make sure it was functioning decided rather than hammer my mod into this framework, I'd rather keep this compendium of non-original work separate and just have my mod require it and do whatever changes via SQL/XML. So, here's a snippet of the .modinfo:

Spoiler :
Code:
    <Name>Pick N Mix Compendium</Name>
    <Stability>Beta</Stability>
    <Teaser>Compendium of Pick N Mix Mods</Teaser>
    <Description>This is merely a compendium of several Pick N Mix Mods by William Howard that I use/reference with my mod. None of the work contained inside is mine, I merely combined them into one mod to clean up my Mod selection window and have less required files for my mod. All originals can be obtained at http://www.picknmixmods.com/main/home/home.html (as can the DLL - Various Mod Components which is required by this compendium).

Any complaints about errors or lack of updates should be directed towards Barghaest at http://forums.civfanatics.com/ and NOT Mr. Howard.</Description>
    <Authors>William Howard (compiled by Lucifer)</Authors>
    <SpecialThanks>William Howard who did all the work in these mods</SpecialThanks>

Would this be satisfactory to allow me to distribute this separately as a requirement for my mod or would you prefer if I went ahead and incorporated this (along with my changes to your content) into my mod directly?

whoward, might you consider adding the same production bonus for founding a city in a jungle as founding in a forest. There was a simple mod that used to work but I just realized it has stopped. Not sure when that happened. I tried to incorporate it myself with no luck. Not a real modder lol. Thanks for all the work on these great mods...t

Grab the "My - Changes" mod and add the following to the sql file

Code:
UPDATE BuildFeatures
  SET Production=20
  WHERE FeatureType = 'FEATURE_JUNGLE' AND Remove = 1
  AND BuildType IN (
    SELECT BuildType
    FROM BuildFeatures
    WHERE Production <> 0 AND Remove = 1 AND FeatureType = 'FEATURE_FOREST'
  );

UPDATE BuildFeatures
  SET Production=20
  WHERE BuildType = 'BUILD_REMOVE_JUNGLE';

I wanted to respond and thank you for the code for removing jungle for production but I think since the patch there is something that prevents this from working. I tried your code, plus two other mods none which work. No other mods enabled. I did not go into any debugging but thank you for the response. Great work, I play 134 of your mods including the combined dll and the companion mods and I can not thank you enough for your efforts. You have changed the game experience for the better......:goodjob:

I wanted to respond and thank you for the code for removing jungle for production but I think since the patch there is something that prevents this from working. I tried your code,

Double check that it's actually enabled / executing / correctly copied, as it definitely works for BNW latest version

(The oranges were on Jungle)

Hi Whoward

I've been looking for Graphics for an improvement based on the standard farm (different yields, only buildable on flood plains with/without wheat, normal farm improvement still buildable on other tiles). Unfortunately (as you know) you can't use the standard farm ArtDefineTag as it simply does not show up on the map. Lacking better alternatives I've also used ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_MONOLITH_EURO and ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_POLDER. The latter looks ok but unfortunately roads don't show up when built on tiles with the "farm" improvement.

Today found out that you have a Farm Replacement mod. Will this do the trick? If so is it just a matter of activating your mod and setting the following?:

<ArtDefineTag>ART_DEF_IMPROVEMENT_ARABLE</ArtDefineTag>

\Skodkim

The art in the Farm Imp mod was borrowed from the CCTP project's reskins of various plantation resources (as the credits in the mod state :) )

If you activate the mod, you'll be able to use that ART_DEF_ tag, but you may also want to change it so it no longer deactivates the standard farm graphics

The art in the Farm Imp mod was borrowed from the CCTP project's reskins of various plantation resources (as the credits in the mod state :) )

If you activate the mod, you'll be able to use that ART_DEF_ tag, but you may also want to change it so it no longer deactivates the standard farm graphics

Thanks for the reply. Seems to be working fine based on a small test and it looks great! I’ve spent so many hours on this irritating little “bug”.

One question though: You use randomized graphics for the improvement. Is there any way I could tweak it so the art marked with a blue circle is always used when there's wheat and the one marked with the red circle when there's no resources (makes it easier distinct the improvement from others)?

\Skodkim

Remove two of Corn/Mango/Tobacco (leaving only the one required) and change RANDOM to SNAPSHOT in the sql file

Remove two of Corn/Mango/Tobacco (leaving only the one required) and change RANDOM to SNAPSHOT in the sql file

Thanks for the reply. I'll give that a try later today.

I actually had another question. I've played a few games with the "Global - City States Gifts (BNW)" mod. It seems to work fine for the first encounters but after meeting a few CS I start getting no gifts but influence points. Is this intended?

I tweaked the gift amount a little bit manually in the xml (sql?) file - could this cause it (e.g. is there a max cap for gifts)?

\Skodkim

No gift should only happen for military city states, as they only give a free unit to the first major to meet them, and then that's only a %chance (60 for friendly, 30 for neutral, 0 for hostile, IIRC)

If you look in CustomMods.log, you'll see all the major meets minors for what reward being logged

As there seems to be a lot of activity at the moment trying to get mods to play nicely with each other ...

Core UI files changed by the Pick'N'Mix mods

By core UI file
Spoiler :
ActionInfoPanel UI - City Expansion
AdvancedSetup Maps - Improved Small Landmasses
AssignStartingPlots Maps - Improved CS Luxuries
Bombardment Global - City Bombard Range
ChooseInternationalTradeRoutePopup UI - Trade Route Enhancements
ChooseTradeUnitNewHome UI - Trade Route Enhancements
CityBannerManager UI - Improved City Banner
CityStateDiploPopup Global - City State Gifts
CityStateGreetingPopup Global - CS Gifts
CityView UI - City Expansion
CultureOverview Global - Great Work Research
CultureOverview Global - Great Work Valuts
CultureOverview Global - Palace Extra Great Work
Demographics UI - Enhanced Demographics
DiploCityStatesStatus UI - Trade Opportunities
DiploOverview UI - Trade Opportunities
DiploTradeStatus UI - Trade Opportunities
EnemyUnitPanel Units - Steampunk Airships
EspionageOverview Global - Espionage Mapping
GenericWorldAnchor UI - Small Resource Icons
InfoCorner UI - Map Pins
MiniMapPanel UI - Overlay Antiquities
MiniMapPanel UI - Overlay Barbarians
MiniMapPanel UI - Overlay City Limits
MiniMapPanel UI - Overlay Continents
MiniMapPanel UI - Overlay Luxuries
MiniMapPanel UI - Overlay Resources
MiniMapPanel UI - Overlay Road And Rail
MiniMapPanel UI - Overlay Wonders
NotificationPanel UI - Notification Options
PlotMouseoverInclude UI - Antiquity Site Tooltips
ProductionPopup UI - City Production Queue Enhancements
ResourceIconManager Maps - Rotate Start Position
resourceIconManager UI - Small Resource Icons
ResourceIconManager Units - Herdsmen
ResourceIconManager Units - Mounted Units
TerrainGenerator Maps - Improved Small Landmasses
TradeRouteOverview UI - Trade Route Enhancements
UnitFlagManager Improvement - Airbases
UnitList UI - Unit List Enhancements
UnitPanel UI - Condensed Promotions
Wonder Popup UI - Project Splash Screens
WonderPopup UI - National Wonder Splash Screens

By mod
Spoiler :
Global - City Bombard Range Bombardment
Global - City State Gifts CityStateDiploPopup
Global - CS Gifts CityStateGreetingPopup
Global - Espionage Mapping EspionageOverview
Global - Great Work Research CultureOverview
Global - Great Work Valuts CultureOverview
Global - Palace Extra Great Work CultureOverview
Improvement - Airbases UnitFlagManager
Maps - Improved CS Luxuries AssignStartingPlots
Maps - Improved Small Landmasses AdvancedSetup
Maps - Improved Small Landmasses TerrainGenerator
Maps - Rotate Start Position ResourceIconManager
UI - Antiquity Site Tooltips PlotMouseoverInclude
UI - City Expansion ActionInfoPanel
UI - City Expansion CityView
UI - City Production Queue Enhancements ProductionPopup
UI - Condensed Promotions UnitPanel
UI - Enhanced Demographics Demographics
UI - Improved City Banner CityBannerManager
UI - Map Pins InfoCorner
UI - National Wonder Splash Screens WonderPopup
UI - Notification Options NotificationPanel
UI - Overlay Antiquities MiniMapPanel
UI - Overlay Barbarians MiniMapPanel
UI - Overlay City Limits MiniMapPanel
UI - Overlay Continents MiniMapPanel
UI - Overlay Luxuries MiniMapPanel
UI - Overlay Resources MiniMapPanel
UI - Overlay Road And Rail MiniMapPanel
UI - Overlay Wonders MiniMapPanel
UI - Project Splash Screens Wonder Popup
UI - Small Resource Icons GenericWorldAnchor
UI - Small Resource Icons resourceIconManager
UI - Trade Opportunities DiploCityStatesStatus
UI - Trade Opportunities DiploOverview
UI - Trade Opportunities DiploTradeStatus
UI - Trade Route Enhancements ChooseInternationalTradeRoutePopup
UI - Trade Route Enhancements ChooseTradeUnitNewHome
UI - Trade Route Enhancements TradeRouteOverview
UI - Unit List Enhancements UnitList
Units - Herdsmen ResourceIconManager
Units - Mounted Units ResourceIconManager
Units - Steampunk Airships EnemyUnitPanel

These lists were compiled from the UI .lua files, it is possible that a) I missed some and b) some mods may edit the UI .xml file and not the .lua file, in which case they won't appear

You may be confusing "rustle" with "buy" ;)

Rustle - "To steal livestock, especially cattle"

Is it possible for someone to move this mod to the Steam Workshop? I would love to try it out, but cannot find the modhub.

Great work whoward...just love this excellent mods :)

A few questions:
Im using CCTP and many of the mods is already included in CCTP, and Im also using 4-5 other mods in this package that work great with CCTP like Map pins, National wonder splash screens and Overlay wonders.

But when I try to use others and especially City Bombard Range (love the idea of this mod) I cant even enable them in the ingame mod selection. It say:
"mod is missing required dependencies". But requirements is the same as mods that work together with CCTP so why dont these work?

And please make "City Bombard Range" workable with CCTP...please :D

Some mods this is happening with:
Global - City Bombard Range (v 1) , Global - City State Airbases (v 3) , Global - Espionage Reports (v 2) , Global - No Followup From Cities (v 3) , Global - Naval Nearest Water (v 2) , City Expansion (v 13)

A few questions:
Im using CCTP and many of the mods is already included in CCTP, and Im also using 4-5 other mods in this package that work great with CCTP like Map pins, National wonder splash screens and Overlay wonders.

But when I try to use others and especially City Bombard Range (love the idea of this mod) I cant even enable them in the ingame mod selection. It say:
"mod is missing required dependencies". But requirements is the same as mods that work together with CCTP so why dont these work?

And please make "City Bombard Range" workable with CCTP...please :D

All questions for the CCTP team as I have no idea what they've done to make the mods compatible with their work

Hi whoward69, as reported in my recent thread about issues with unit panel, it turned out that the problem was the UI - Condensed Promotions mod - I did not know this mod was only G&K compatible and not BnW compatible. I think this mod was great, so I would like to know whether you have plans of making a fully BnW compatible version?

Top Bottom