Why are these patches not addressing some the most basic bugs?

I'd take a build queue over last built bug.
To say that the last item produced bug is not a big deal is rubbish, especially when there is no build queue. Along with the not user friendly city screen, it would sometimes take me a few minutes to figure out what I had built

Maybe you could (until the 90 days patch) be interested in the 'Integrated Production Queue mod', which is part of the new CQUI mod of chaorace:
Civilization 6 - Quick UI. Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

Btw, playing civ4, I acquired the habbit to use the ProductionQueue just as a list of items, which might be interesting (in random order)

PS. there is also a youtube video from quill18 on this topic (CQUI mod)

[edit: added link to quill18's video
Civilization 6: Three Mods of AWESOME! (CQUI mod now contains all three, ProductionQueue @ 13:40)]

Last edited:
Devs are very rich people who don't care about us at all, the already done patches witness that better than whatever opinion.

Thank you civ vi staff, hope you will enjoy our money

Maybe you could (until the 90 days patch) be interested in the 'Integrated Production Queue mod', which is part of the new CQUI mod of chaorace:
Civilization 6 - Quick UI. Reduce clicks and manage your empire faster

Btw, playing civ4, I acquired the habbit to use the ProductionQueue just as a list of items, which might be interesting (in random order)

PS. there is also a youtube video from quill18 on this topic (CQUI mod)

Appreciate the pointer, looks well thought out, will give it a look.

Devs are very rich people who don't care about us at all, the already done patches witness that better than whatever opinion.

Thank you civ vi staff, hope you will enjoy our money

Game development is pretty much the worst paid of all software development jobs (especially on the hours worked to pay ratio). It's all done by people who really like gaming. If they just wanted to make money, they have much better options.

Game development is pretty much the worst paid of all software development jobs (especially on the hours worked to pay ratio). It's all done by people who really like gaming. If they just wanted to make money, they have much better options.

Wrong, compared to my country an american dev earns 40-50x more. Before playing as the devils' advocate you have to get a grip with the reality.
Huge salaries apart the final result is horrible, those devs and Ed Beach deserves to spend few years working in a mine to learn to respect customers and the huge amount of money they earn.

compared to my country an american dev earns 40-50x more.
And many other professions earn 100x more, then. bbbt is correct; comparisons with your country are irrelevant.

Not for him. He possibly, probably invested much more (relatively!) and feels therefor far more pain for a questionable investment than "the rich" here, feels far more cheated ... ?!
[I use here '(feeling) cheated' as perception, not as fact]

I tried above to give help in the spirit of a more cooperative behaviour on the base of the civilization Game. It would make me sad to see it IMMEDIATELY swamped in a Clash of civilizations flaming discussion.

Please.

And many other professions earn 100x more, then. bbbt is correct; comparisons with your country are irrelevant.

Are you an American dev ? Lucky you ! You earn 10x then the rest of the world, in civ vi case, those devs are immensely overpaid to produce a non existent AI, what a job, what a job...

Last edited:
Since i know a little about programming, i assumed that it's not really hard for programar to fix bug when he knows about them, it's a hassle to discover all the bugs and glitches, not to fix them when they are known ...

Let me begin his by saying I am not a programmer nor have I experience in programming, but I believe you're wrong. Some bugs can be very simple to fix. The ESCaping bug you mentioned, for an example, seems to be something easy to fix, just change the behaviour of a certain key within a menu. Some bugs, however, can be very hard to fix. First because knowing which situation triggers it is not necessarily knowing what (which lines of code, I mean) is causing it. Second because even if you know what I'm your code is causing it, fixing it might mean restructuring a lot of stuff. I'm sure someone who knows more about coding can give you a better explanation, but squashing a bug is not always a simple matter.

Are you an American dev ? Lucky you ! You earn 10x then the rest of the world, in civ vi case, those devs are immensely overpaid to produce a non existent AI, what a job, what a job...
No. But in 'the western world', game developers don't earn that much (now, application developers, they are suddenly a lot more en vogue again). They may earn a lot, when you compare their salaries to the salaries you are used to, in absolute numbers, but when you compare the relative salaries, game developers don't earn that much.

Your assumption is wrong. If you think you can fix it, then do it. I recall Civ IV was released with a huge graphical bug. Some fan managed to patch it.

Maybe you're just an optimist; I imagine the CIV VI codebase is horrible; with zero documentation, and no unit tests. Hence the tech debt is a large influence on complexity.

Right. Uhum. My assumption is wrong, period. Then you go on with the most ridiculous assumption. Yeah, suuure a big company like that in 2016 has zero documentation... riiiiight. Uhum.

Right. Uhum. My assumption is wrong, period. Then you go on with the most ridiculous assumption. Yeah, suuure a big company like that in 2016 has zero documentation... riiiiight. Uhum.

Maybe I used the wrong word :(. It's a guess based on my experience at < 200 employee companies, with aggressive timelines.

Relax: At then end of the day neither of us have access to the code, so we can only guess.

Night :)

No. But in 'the western world', game developers don't earn that much (now, application developers, they are suddenly a lot more en vogue again). They may earn a lot, when you compare their salaries to the salaries you are used to, in absolute numbers, but when you compare the relative salaries, game developers don't earn that much.

Salaries come hand by hand with quality and/or skills, in this case even a young lawnmowerman or a digger would have developed a far better AI.
I am pretty sure that Civ VI AI has been developed by a San Francisco traffic light

I am pretty sure that Civ VI AI has been developed by a San Francisco traffic light
Of course. And does this statement tell more about you or about 'San Francisco traffic lights'?

Maybe I used the wrong word :(. It's a guess based on my experience at < 200 employee companies, with aggressive timelines.

Relax: At then end of the day neither of us have access to the code, so we can only guess.

Night :)

Indeed.

It is slightly baffling that they can't be bothered to fix something as simple as the "last produced" display bug.

Yes it is baffling that it wasn't on their priority list so far.

What I don't get is why paid DLC can't including things like an improved combat AI. I'd much prefer to paid for that, and encourage resources to be devoted to it, than a map script or extra Civ at this stage.

Like hell I would want to be paying extra for what is for me the very heart of the game. I played pretty much all Civ games and not a single multi player game is amongst them. Currently the AI does not use airplanes, at all, ever. So once I, as a player, can build them it's pretty much game won. This is ludicrous. And I should not have to rely on MODS to have a functioning game.
And I don't blame the devs, this is obviously a managent decision to push the game out because $$$ now!

Yep, fixes to AI, UI and all the other bugs is not what paid DLC is for. Maybe free DLC (or better yet, just a patch to the core game which is where it belongs). Paid DLC is for additional content and expansions to game mechanics and paradigms, not fixes.

I'd still prefer to pay to fix the game, rather than for extra content which is useless, because the game is still boring.

Call it an expansion, or whatever. Just fix the AI so the game isn't pointless.

Yep, fixes to AI, UI and all the other bugs is not what paid DLC is for. Maybe free DLC (or better yet, just a patch to the core game which is where it belongs). Paid DLC is for additional content and expansions to game mechanics and paradigms, not fixes.

Indeed, although those things often come together.

Because even minor bugs (i.e. existing features that produce an incorrect results, not missing\new\enhanced features) can take a lot of work (sifting through thousands of reports, submitting, confirming, prioritizing etc) before they land on the programmers task list . And other things often require extra steps e.g. could require an array of test to see how it effects the game and all its scenarios balance\performance wise, or updating related text and sending it to translation to their many localize variations etc. Hence why work on all but critical fixes and minor things usually held off to big periodic releases.

So while DLCs are often a sore topic (particularly for early adopters) in the long term their number is often a good indication of games final polish :/

Top Bottom