WHy have walls and Frig/SOL if they serve no purpose?

MOW's don't have a bonus against SOL's, so that's why I would consider an SOL. Perhaps try baiting an MOW with a Merchantman or Galleon and/or Privateer first to weaken them. I've never fought the revolution with a capable Navy, though.

I was able to sink a Man-O-War with two Ship of the Lines, the first one sinking, but weakening the Man-O-War enough.

Since there are few cases in which you can catch a Man-O-War with troops loaded, I can think of one scenario when this is useful: if you declare independence early enough and don't have a large enough force, cutting down their navy size means that each wave of REF landing is smaller.

I was able to sink a Man-O-War with two Ship of the Lines, the first one sinking, but weakening the Man-O-War enough.

Since there are few cases in which you can catch a Man-O-War with troops loaded, I can think of one scenario when this is useful: if you declare independence early enough and don't have a large enough force, cutting down their navy size means that each wave of REF landing is smaller.
Indeed. Even if you don't get them all, the land forces will suffer with every sinking.

Indeed. Even if you don't get them all, the land forces will suffer with every sinking.

Again, if the navy is reasonable. A game I tested out this morning had a MoW fleet of around 40 ships, despite having only 24 regulars (though with an insane amount of artillery). At 40 ships, there's just now way you can sink the MoW armada aimed at you.

Top Bottom