why is Saladin leader of Arabia ? (and why i should be something else civ leader)

should saladin stay as arabia civ or be something else ?

• Total voters
Because that's where he ruled, like they have done for all the leaders, except Shaka for some reason and Hojo but Kyoto was the official capital of the emperor, not the shogunate.
I'm not sure if Cairo is also in the list of Egyptian Cities in Civ6 (or it was called differently by the time of Pharaohs and Ptolemids)

I'm not sure if Cairo is also in the list of Egyptian Cities in Civ6 (or it was called differently by the time of Pharaohs and Ptolemids)

It shouldn't be in an Ancient Egyptian list, as it was shortly the Umayyed conquest to be the seat of the newly installed Emir (Islamic Governor in a Caliphate, in it's original usage) there. In Civ2, I remember, Cairo was on the Egyptian city list, but it was the tail end, dead last city on that list.

To my knowledge, the Ibadi Sect of Oman and Zanzibar are very leery and dubious of ANYONE claiming a title of succession directly from Mohammed such as Caliph. I believe they even dismiss, or are at least very critical of, the Occultation of the Mahdi, if I'm not mistaken.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Saladin was neither an Ibadi or Almohad, and was being judged by, nor trying to impress or prove any legitimacy, to either.

so at least the Kharidjite (the original parent religion of the ibadi) doesn't have any of these requirement his way the leader of the great Berbers revolt take the title of "Kharidjite caliph" (if i don't get wrong)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berber_Revolt

As soon as the mighty Habib was safely gone, Maysara assembled his coalition of Berber armies, heads shaven in the Sufri Kharijite fashion and with Qura'nic inscriptures tied to their lances and spears, and brought them bearing down on Tangiers. The city soon fell into rebel hands and the hated governor Omar al-Moradi was killed. It was at this point that Maysara is said to have taken up the title and pretences of amir al-mu'minin ("Commander of the Faithful", or "Caliph").

so at least the Kharidjite (the original parent religion of the ibadi) doesn't have any of these requirement his way the leader of the great Berbers revolt take the title of "Kharidjite caliph" (if i don't get wrong)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berber_Revolt

As soon as the mighty Habib was safely gone, Maysara assembled his coalition of Berber armies, heads shaven in the Sufri Kharijite fashion and with Qura'nic inscriptures tied to their lances and spears, and brought them bearing down on Tangiers. The city soon fell into rebel hands and the hated governor Omar al-Moradi was killed. It was at this point that Maysara is said to have taken up the title and pretences of amir al-mu'minin ("Commander of the Faithful", or "Caliph").

I don't know. They do sound kind of wonky. They sound to Islam what the Cathars and Boglidans, or even Savanarolla, were to Christianity, frankly. But that's my take on it.

It shouldn't be in an Ancient Egyptian list, as it was shortly the Umayyed conquest to be the seat of the newly installed Emir (Islamic Governor in a Caliphate, in it's original usage) there. In Civ2, I remember, Cairo was on the Egyptian city list, but it was the tail end, dead last city on that list.
So Cairo was made as a commandery by choosing a site next to Giza?

No cities in Civ 6 has repeated, at least going off of the name. Ra-Kedet and Alexandria are the same cities but for different civs, for example.

^ There were more Alexandrias than ones in Egyptian Coast (Rhacotis).
I bet there were ones in eastern Europe (see Macedonian city lists)
(Alexandria shouldn't be a founded city, but any conquered city by him should be renamed to it.)

(Alexandria shouldn't be a founded city, but any conquered city by him should be renamed to it.)

He was vane, but not thoroughly THAT vane! :p

Top Bottom