Why was curt banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Alcibiaties of Athenae
If he doesn't care for a religion, he should say something along the lines of "In my opinion, many bad things have been done in the name of (fill in the name of religion), blah blah blah...", not what he did say.
That alone makes sense of course, but what if someone thinks that a religion (or something else) wasn't just used to do bad things in its name, but IS bad itself?
Of course such an opinion shouldn't be brought forward in an insulting way ("They suck!", "I'm p*ssed about the stupid whoevers!") but shouldn't it be possible to say that? Otherwise a discussion about some topics wouldn't be possible.
Communism is a good example for that. Some people here are obviously communists or something like that. Which means they believe it's a great idea. Still there are frequently things said along the line of "In Communism we would be all equally poor", of course without explanation why. Isn't that also trolling? And insulting?
On the other hand an unexplained comment like "Christians are all brainwashed" would most likely be edited and/or rewarded with a warning. But both are an expression of someone's opinion against certain ideas and ideals.
I think there should be more tolerance for that things.

Originally posted by Xeven the God

I was only 13 last year and I was banned 3 (Count 'em, 3) times. I'm the same age as philippe now, so why am I not treated the same? I was banned three damn times for not much spam at all, and philippe hasn't been banned even once! That goes further to prove that not everyone is treated the same, and that they are employing double standards.
Xeven, I always thought you were more towards the 17 mark. It also has to do with the attitude. If you refuse to see the problem and a vaction is required. If you apologize for your actions and don't repeat them and you can get some breaks. I haven't seen you get banned in a while...tough-love musta worked on you. ;)

Xeven, didn't you threaten TF in the past?

Several times?

Wern't you a fanatical supporter of SC/Kraftjerk?

Didn't TF peraban you once for your behavior?

Makes me wonder where your coming from at times. :rolleyes:

Hitro, that would be perfectly acceptable, I'm trying to get everyone to be polite, you can certainly question and discuss matters, but if you lead with a hateful statement, I will be on you like white on rice.
And what you, and a LOT of people miss, is I have to consider what offends EVERYONE, not just myself personally.
There are many boards where you can say whatever you like, but how many are committed to maintaining a friendly and civil atmosphere?
This one.

Padma is correct, quite often a ban comes from a private exchange, not a public one.
This is the case with Ozz, and the staff sees those messages, because we are required to show why we take the actions we do.

BTW, Curt is due to return today, and he's welcomed back. ;)

Hitro, that would be perfectly acceptable, I'm trying to get everyone to be polite, you can certainly question and discuss matters, but if you lead with a hateful statement, I will be on you like white on rice.
And what you, and a LOT of people miss, is I have to consider what offends EVERYONE, not just myself personally.
There are many boards where you can say whatever you like, but how many are committed to maintaining a friendly and civil atmosphere?
This one.
And that is the reason why I like it and post here. Don't understand my post as directed towards you personally. I just doubt that it is possible to oversee what might eventually offend someone. Some things are quite obvious, others are not. I didn't miss what you (and the other mods) have to consider, but there will always be different opinions on what is offensive or not, probably also within the staff.

uhm what is this?is xeven now asking that i get banned?
hey i know i made some REALLY stupid posts in the beginning
but now i am here for about 3 months i know the rules and i know now what the line is.i was almost temp banned by lefty.
i know i made a horrible post that made AOA very angry.i apologised but im still feeling guilty.....:(
and i understand that you get very angry but please you are more mature then me.even juize is more mature than me:crazyeye:
please dont make a fight over me.

Originally posted by Hitro
but there will always be different opinions on what is offensive or not, probably also within the staff.

Yep, as I said before regarding judgments among different moderators: "In that gray area between black letter violation and no problem at all, do not expect consistancy, there will not be consistancy, there cannot be consistancy"

I will be on you like white on rice.

I am offended by this statement. What you got against rice AOA? Why you gotta call rice WHITE AOA? You ever stop to consider how many people eat rice AOA? :p Okay okay...

If this post offends AOA or any other CFCer, the author of said post is not liable for any offense taken. Unless AOA bans me.

I wouldn't ban you, you would enjoy it too much! :p

I wouldn't ban you, you would enjoy it too much! :p

Yah, it WOULD give me some amusement... :)

Hey Curt welcome back!

Originally posted by floppa21

Yah, it WOULD give me some amusement... :)

Hey Curt welcome back!
floppa is weird. Everytime someone gets banned you rejoice! And each time someone returns from a ban, you are the first to notice it. :D

Oh god, kinda sounds like Darkshade got a hold of him...

Originally posted by floppa21
Oh god, kinda sounds like Darkshade got a hold of him...

In the end, we get to everybody. There is no escape, so why don't you just sit back, and enjoy the ride. :mwaha:

Alcibiaties

Xeven, didn't you threaten TF in the past?
No, I told him to **** himslef. He banned me, I apoligised and was unbanned in two weeks.

Several times?
I was banned several times, yes, but I have never threated TF.

Wern't you a fanatical supporter of SC/Kraftjerk?
I support SC, not kraftwerk. I still believe they are separate people.

Didn't TF peraban you once for your behavior?
Hell no! Are you stoned? If I was perma banned, I wouldn't be here. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom