• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Will you buy Civ4?

Will you buy Civ4?

• Yes, definitately, as soon as I can

Votes: 826 71.6%
  • No, way

Votes: 24 2.1%
  • Yes but later when it's cheaper and comes with expansions

Votes: 141 12.2%
  • Maybe but I'd like to play it first

Votes: 75 6.5%
  • No I'll probably just nick my friends copy

Votes: 30 2.6%
  • Undecided

Votes: 58 5.0%

• Total voters
Sorry Civ makers, Im not going to buy it for two reasons:

1) It smells too much like RTW , and I have that already

2) Im going to buy BF2 which rocks

Ha !

Does this revoke my membership, shall I cut up my card now ?

Will I buy Civ4?

HELL YEAH!

Likelyhood is i'll have to get a new computer first though. Which means I need to get off my ass and get a job. But it will be worth it for Civ4 :D

Probably won't buy it. I'll have to get a new computer first, I hate this generic 3D crap (particularly in games that really don't need it), the limited techs/units shifts the game back towards the traditional end of the gaming spectrum (something that defeats the purpose of the game itself), the modders will now be few & far between because of the tech requirement (3D rendering) - which will hurt the chances of a Civ5 since many of their ideas come from the players themselves anyway, nothing new is really being added (outside of religion) - while much has been removed, and I have a strange feeling Civ is heading the way of the MOO series.

Possibly. I'm not sure if my 'computer' will handle the graphics as they're advertised, and I can't (currently) afford to buy a new one. :-( I'm happy with Civ3 using the RaR mod for the time being.

Thunderpants said:
2) Im going to buy BF2 which rocks

And in six months (or three, four days as is usual for me) when the new game smell wears off?

I was checking over the internet whether my Radeon all-in-wonder 8500DV has the texture and lighting thing and I have found this:

"ATIs new SMARTSHADER technology takes advantage of the DirectX 8.1 features to enable more complex and realistic texture and lighting effects" (It is about the radeon 8500 chip)

Does it mean that my video card has the T&L thingy that I need to play Civ IV?

Sorry for the off topic question. Thank you for the answer, specially if the answer is "yes". :lol:

Probably will buy it if it works ok with Radeon 9200.

warpstorm, I play BF on the internet at the minute, the multiplay aspect never gets old, sorry !

BF 2 WILLLLLL RRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!

Judging from the specs at the moment both the radeon 8500 and the 9200 (the card i have) will be able to play the game.

Thunderpants said:
warpstorm, I play BF on the internet at the minute, the multiplay aspect never gets old, sorry !

BF 2 WILLLLLL RRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I've gotten tired of it already. What a waste of $50. At least I got a new headset from it. A shame I can't get my order back. I hope that the full game is better than the demo. Not much that wasn't in Desert Combat.

Also, if I can waste $50 on that steaming pile of sith which is Dungeon Lords, then I can certainly pick up The Greatest Game Ever Played!

And while I'm complaining, why can't one buy the expansion packs for Spellforce in the States? I had to import the expansion for Sacred from the UK. Yeesh.

Most probably, as there is many very promising and long-waited things into it (Civics, 3D, enhanced culture...).

Though, I prefer to use my usual method to avoid wasting my money : download it first, and buy it later if it's worth it, so I plan to do just that.

Fair enough

Probably say i will wait until an expansion comes out but wont be able to wait. Will see it on someone elses PC and trot straight down to the shops and get it.

I voted "no way" .... but i'll probably have a moment of weakness, cave in and buy it at some point.

LOL!
Why would any of you spend your time on these boards and not buy Civ 4???
You obviously at some point played a CIV game, and know how good they are, so why oh why would you think that this new one is not going to be better???

Good developers always improve their games, and I think the Civ lot have more than done their bit for us to show confidence in their abilities.

If you really dont like Civ or the idea of Civ 4, why do you spend your time on these boards??? Crazy... :confused:

I'll buy it immediately. Patience is not one of my strong suits!

Top Bottom