Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'm having some MPMPM issues possibly linked with this mod and I'm wondering if anyone might be able to help me.

I created a modpack via the MP workaround using the CBP and Overhaul(No EUI) + RtP + CiD + City-State Dip + More Luxuries + Civ 4 Diplomacy along with numerous JFD civ mods and other smaller mods. When testing it in modded singleplayer(as in from the Mods menu), everything seemed to work fine early game. Only problem I had was with the government screen popping up and not going away. However, this was caused by enabling the MP workaround for the modded game and was completely nonexistent after creating my modpack.

After installing said modpack and going into both a normal singleplayer game and a solo multiplayer session, I discovered that, upon settling my first city, I couldn't create buildings or wonders. The only available selections were units or "other" items, such as trading production for food.

Everything else appears to work fine, I just can't construct buildings or wonders. I'm thinking this might be some sort of UI problem possibly caused by CiD or RtP, but I have no idea. I'm trying to narrow it down and see what mod(s) might be the problem. However, since I don't have this problem in modded SP without the modpack, trying to figure out what is the cause in the modpack becomes more difficult. Plus, if it is either/both Cid and/or RtP, that'd defeat the purpose of creating the modpack, which I hope isn't the case.

If there's any kind of help you guys can offer, I'd greatly appreciate it. I really want this stuff to work so I can share it with my friends for custom MP matches.

Hi Idaeus, I'm not the one that'll have your answer since I had the same problem while trying to do the same thing. I'm glad someone else is trying it too. Here's what I found out on my end:

- I have the same problem where no building show up in the list.

- The function responsible for checking if the city can build a building (which is called each time you try to produce something to fill the building list) returns false for all building (which is why none of them show up). Wonders, national wonders, projects, and units all show up without problem (using a different function and probably a different table).

- The game seems to load the latest version of a file when several are available. For example, if two mods override the same XML UI file, the "latest version" will be loaded. To make sure CiD and RtP are the latest loaded (after I made a change to a UI file, since I wanted to add the Emigration mod), I edit their ".modinfo" files by adding an useless space to make them the "latest".

- Failure to have CiD and RtP to load AFTER the CBP/Vox Populi OR failure to delete the cache can make this problem appear when launching mods from the mod menu (without any MPMPM or modpack).

Oh and you should provide the logs (Database, Lua, etc) so JFD or Chrisy15 can help you.

A question I'd have for you is: did you try to play another turn? It won't solve your problem, but I had other ones pop up (buildings) and I wonder if it is a problem on my end only.

Hey Tryford, thanks for the reply. Good to know I'm not the only one giving this a go.

To answer your question: Yes, I did go for multiple turns on the 3 or so civs I tried playing, all in a singleplayer game via the Singleplayer option in the menu(using a modpack while also playing in SP via the Mods menu option comes with lots of weird issues as you might expect) and in a solo hosted multiplayer lobby. I also tried saving and loading my sp match. However, nothing seemed to change for better or worse; I still couldn't build any buildings or wonders in my city.

I'll have the Database and Lua logs of mine posted down below in case JFD and/or Chrisy see this. Other than that, I'll look into those last two points you mentioned. I vaguely recall the install wizard/forum page for Vox Populi mentioning that it deletes your cache for you, but I'll do it again just in case.

The info on both files I have attached pertain to a singleplayer game(via the menu, not the Mods tab) with my modpack after the first 2 or so turns prior to this post.

Attachments

• Modded Civ 5 Database Log.txt
    14.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Modded Civ 5 Lua Log.txt
    30.3 KB · Views: 82
Ok, your logs look like mine and your lack of bugs the turn after led me to remove ExCE from my pack to see if I can have more stability.

After poking stuff around, I managed to identify the function JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_CityCanConstruct as the culprit (I commented "GameEvents.CityCanConstruct.Add(JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_CityCanConstruct)" out and the list reappeared). I will look further into it to find out why is it making the CityCanConstruct check fail everytime for every building, but you can temporarily fix this bug by commenting that line (Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\(JFD-4) JFD's Rise to Power (v 33)\Components\Sovereignty\Lua\JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_Functions.lua:608). Commenting that line might cause issues concerning the government-related Wonders.

If you still have other problems concerning certains functionalities not working properly, you will have to edit the utility files of the JFD mods to force a "true" value for the functions checking for mods (for example "isCBP()" should be "true" but searches in the mod list, which is inexistent for a MP_MODPACK).

I don't have time right now to post more details, but I'll try to post my modpack on the MPMPM forum.

Good luck!

Well, that definitely fixed my original issue!

However, commenting that line has caused a new problem with the government choices. Theocracy, Holy Roman Empire, and Dictatorship still seem to work as intended, but Republic and Monarchy are grayed out and now require the Hofburg Palace to be founded, just like the HRE. Or at least that's what the "choose a government" screen says about them.

Edit: Additionally, this particular problem still persists after "un-commenting" the CityCanConstruct line. Now I can create buildings and wonders, but not any governments other than Theocracy. Seems I'm trading one big issue for another!

Last edited:
I have the same problem and I found out the cause. Apparently, in a mod setting, the game considers the following string "null" to be equivalent to the nil value, BUT doesn't consider them as equivalent when in a DLC setting (such as the modpack).
For example, you can uncomment the line 608 (that partly solved the previous problem) and change the line 601 for "if building.GovernmentType ~= nil and GameInfoTypes[building.GovernmentType] ~= nil then" ( from "if building.GovernmentType then"). That change should fix the function and make it work as intended.

I also have the problem with the government choices. It is caused by the same interpretation difference, but in another function (Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\(JFD-4) JFD's Rise to Power (v 33)\Components\Sovereignty\Lua\UI\JFD_RTP_Sovereignty_ChooseGovernmentPopup.lua:159). Fixing this check (by adding "and GameInfoTypes[reqBuilding] ~= nil" between the other 2 conditions) will solve your problem with the government option screen.

Sadly, you will have to expect other problems like that (I noticed that the Venice unique National Wonders aren't blocked properly), since the mod authors couldn't have possibly known this issue and aren't expected to provide support for modpacks (especially when they are cooking a very interesting major update :) ).

You can keep me posted on other errors you find via private message if you want. If you find the time (and patience) to fix it on your own, I'd suggest installing a compare/merge software (like WinMerge) to be able to update to new versions without having to try and stumble on errors before correcting them. As I said, I'll post on the MPMPM thread if I manage to have an acceptable version working (if I find the time before the next update).

Good luck!

Just a quick follow up for the curious amonsgt us.

The source of the errors have been identified. The MPMPM workaround's script doesn't detect the null values properly in the SQL files (it accepts "NULL" as a null value, but considers "null" to be a string). A quick find & replace in all mod files fixed all of the mentioned bugs and everything works as intended.
The other important "fix" to do is to manually force the compatibility checks since the Modlist doesn't exist when the game isn't launched from the Mods menu (for example, JFD_IsUsingCBP() checks for the use of CBP/VP to activate the compatibility code).

Hey I love this mod but for some reason when I upgraded to v.58 i can't see the move counter for establishing a colony so am i missing a tech or is it because I'm playing with the eui attached to it? also I cant see the health/sickness counter either. any help or advice would be appreciated

Hey I love this mod but for some reason when I upgraded to v.58 i can't see the move counter for establishing a colony so am i missing a tech or is it because I'm playing with the eui attached to it? also I cant see the health/sickness counter either. any help or advice would be appreciated

EUI hasn't been supported for a long time.

Hi, I don't know if this is answered elsewhere but i was wondering if it's possible to use this mod along side JFD's other mods (rise to power, exploration expanded and cultural diversity) as well as community balance patch. Do all the mods work together or will there be issues. The one slight issue i had when playing with exploration expanded as well as the other mods was not being able to pass jungle tiles even after getting mathematics so i'm worried there could be conflicts.
Thanks for any info anyone can give.

Hi, I don't know if this is answered elsewhere but i was wondering if it's possible to use this mod along side JFD's other mods (rise to power, exploration expanded and cultural diversity) as well as community balance patch. Do all the mods work together or will there be issues. The one slight issue i had when playing with exploration expanded as well as the other mods was not being able to pass jungle tiles even after getting mathematics so i'm worried there could be conflicts.
Thanks for any info anyone can give.

The JFDDLC mods are designed to be used together, and are compatible with the CBP even if not optimally designed for it.

One other question,
How do Jfd's Mods work with Sukritact's Events and Decisions. I've been using it with them so far and it seems fine but i read somewhere else that they may conflict, although the thread was quite old and i don't know if that's still the case.

One other question,
How do Jfd's Mods work with Sukritact's Events and Decisions. I've been using it with them so far and it seems fine but i read somewhere else that they may conflict, although the thread was quite old and i don't know if that's still the case.

They're designed to work together.

After a couple of days of trying to get a stable VP + CiD working, I discovered the worker charges for improvements and disliked it. I turned off the option in the user settings file, but now my workers disappear after building a single improvement. VP and CiD are the only gameplay altering mods I am running.

Hi, first of all, you have some really great mods and I have to say this is one that make the game much more interesting. Anyways, I don't like the building charges for workers mechanism, so I deactivate the feature on the settings file but now my worker, peasants and slaves disappears once they haves finished anything, what can I do about it?
Thank you very much in avdance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom