Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
VP and CBP/O are supported, in the sense that I have implemented compatibility code and made balance adjustments specifically for it. VP is less supported than CBP by itself, mainly because of CSD, which has some internal and conceptual conflicts with RtP: Claims. However, I am only able to address interactional issues between VP/CBO and JFDLC as they are raised to me, as I myself prefer vanilla as a base. I cannot account for VP's versions of E&D, Suzerainty, or the worker charges mod, but am happy to offer support for the first two whether possible (for the latter I say use mine :p).
I want to make sure that I understand this paragraph. So it is a good idea to not to use CSD because of issues with RtP? I am only using CP with the standalone versions of More Luxuries, CSD (no dll), and Civ 4 Diplomacy Features.

Last edited:
Is all of JFDLC compatible with the Enlightenment Era + VP-EE Compatibility mod? I get a weird box at the top and some elements of text on the left disappear in the city view. The mods I'm using are all of VP, EE, VP-EE compatibility mod and all of JFDLCs: ExCE, CulDiv, RtP, EC, CiD. I think the main culprit is CiD and the EE+VP-EE compatibility mod.

Attachments

• 20171203145520_1.jpg
    20171203145520_1.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 160
Is all of JFDLC compatible with the Enlightenment Era + VP-EE Compatibility mod? I get a weird box at the top and some elements of text on the left disappear in the city view. The mods I'm using are all of VP, EE, VP-EE compatibility mod and all of JFDLCs: ExCE, CulDiv, RtP, EC, CiD. I think the main culprit is CiD and the EE+VP-EE compatibility mod.

Lua log might explain it; it'll be something to do with CID obvs, but idk if it'll be related to EE. Try see if this happens without the Balance Patch?

Yes, you do need both VP-EE and EE. After a couple of minutes testing, it's not the EE. It happens to be a conflict between the Community Patch (the latest 1st December version. I also tested earlier versions as well) and the CiD. Hope the lua file is useful to someone. I had also disabled the balance patch.

Attachments

• Lua.txt
    34.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Hey If anyone can help me I can't get the government part to work it used to work in eui but not non eui but now both variations don't work.

Last edited:
Hey If anyone can help me I can't get the government part to work it used to work in eui but not non eui but now both variations don't work.

Governments are a. In Rise to Power not Cities in Development and b. Don't work with EUI because none of the JFDDLC works with EUI. Ensure you've got RtP enabled and that you've discovered Code of Laws.

Governments are a. In Rise to Power not Cities in Development and b. Don't work with EUI because none of the JFDDLC works with EUI. Ensure you've got RtP enabled and that you've discovered Code of Laws.
Thx didn't know I posted this in the wrong area, however for me the government worked when i was using the eui. i'll do a test run for both and see what happens.

Hey, when I'm running Vox Populi without EUI and with the various JFD mods - CiD, RtP, ECE, and CD, I've been having a bug where the top bar on the screen always looks like this:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1236559060

otherwise it's fine, but not being able to see things like culture and tourism at a glance, along with the turn never changing, is rather annoying. Thanks for any help!

edit: It has to be something related to the Golden Age tracker, the bar fixed itself after I hit my first golden age but it still says Golden Age (1) as if there's one turn left after the golden age ended.

Why did this mod and some others like RtP were removed from Steam Workshop? Will it be up again?

There's a big JFDDLC coming in ~2 days, and it by far exceeds Steam's upload limit so the Steam versions would become very obsolete which implies they weren't before but w/e.

There's a big JFDDLC coming in ~2 days, and it by far exceeds Steam's upload limit so the Steam versions would become very obsolete which implies they weren't before but w/e.
Ah i see, thanks for answering. Another question if you will, does JFD mods comaptible with Vox Populi except CBO and framedarchitechture's mods such as Economics?
I've been hiatus from Civ V for a long time and now everything looks confusing with all updates and changes lol

Vox Populi sans CBO is just the CP and Civ IV diplo isn't it? In which case, yes. Idk about Economics, I don't really remember it all that well :p
EDIT: Quick look suggests not, since it replaces the Top Panel and is apparantly a DLL mod. Looks interesting, but definitely conflicts conceptually with JFDLC. Maybe there are ideas I can adapt :p

Vox Populi sans CBO is just the CP and Civ IV diplo isn't it? In which case, yes. Idk about Economics, I don't really remember it all that well :p
EDIT: Quick look suggests not, since it replaces the Top Panel and is apparantly a DLL mod. Looks interesting, but definitely conflicts conceptually with JFDLC. Maybe there are ideas I can adapt :p
If you do i suggest you take some ideas from his Emigration, Move Capital and Greatest Cities too
In the main thread of Vox Populi apparently CSD is included as well, so i wondered about it too. If only for CP and Civ 4 Diplo i would use the Steam Workshop version
Anyway, what does JFDLC stands for? :p

Two Ds looks rood tho :p

Anyway, yes lad, I plan on doing a Migration component. Moving Capital cities was tested out at some point but had a lot of inherent problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom