1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WoC v1.00 Bug Thread - NOT Specific Modules

Discussion in 'Civ4 - World of Civilization' started by TAfirehawk, Jul 28, 2008.

1. rockinroger

rockinroger WoC Team Member

Try removing you woc folder out of bts, install 1.1 and then bring the modules over from woc 1.0. that should fix you up.

2. ravenone

ravenone Warlord

FYI, I had a bug happen last night with the Ironclad effects. I think you know about it already. I forgot to capture the Error popup. When it happens again I'll grab the window.

3. rockinroger

Yeah i think wolfshanze has updated those units, i got his download but havent had time to look at it yet.

4. agoodfella

agoodfella Prince

my game keeps crashing at the same moment:

when I found my first religion (I have selected the option to choose which one I found) and once I select it :: WHAM :: Crash...

any help / thoughts / suggestions?

Thanks!

(p.s. have the latest FULLMOD + all of the latest mods)

5. rockinroger

Choose religion is a bug in WoC we are working on a fix for it.

6. agoodfella

agoodfella Prince

I see, I de-selected this option and seems good so far... thanks!

7. purplexus

purplexus Prince

1500 BC i get an essertion error that I can't get past :(

something about GETLANDSCORE

i am assuming it is one worlds wealthiest civilizations pop ups during the game.???

***FIX IT! DAMN IT!***
    i got a world to conquer.
    and you computer programming guys are foiling my plans.!!!

8. Opera

Opera Deity

Hi, not sure if I'm posting in the good thread... but I have a graphical issue with WoC and its leaderheads. They seem to keep the appearance of the original one on which they are base (ie Basil is Huayna Capac). Here's a short a list of the evil ones : Basil, all canadians but Trudeau, Dido, Tomislav, Wilhelmina, Charles V, Matyas, Szentistvan, Hirohito. CTD when I click on "Nazi Germany".

I tried to clear the cache but no effect. I installed the core and then the modules I wanted. I run BTS (Complete) 3.17... but on Ubuntu thanks to WINE. I didn't have any issue so far though.

9. Elucidus

Elucidus King

When I first loaded WOC I had no problem, but I think I messed something up so I removed it, then I uninstalled it realizing I had to uninstallk each module and the core, tried reinstalling and uninstalling three times, The game crashes everytime witht his error: Files that help describe the problem:
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\WER8F95.tmp.version.txt
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9BDB.tmp.appcompat.txt
    C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9CC6.tmp.mdmp

Any help would be appreciated.

10. rockinroger

Try running a couple of turns of bts to clear the cache then load again.

11. Elucidus

Elucidus King

Thanks fo the tip, but I just played for a few hours and still the same thing. Short of reinstalling all of CIv I don't know what else to try.

12. Elucidus

Elucidus King

Still Problems, I loaded 1.2 and this does the same thing. It does it on load up during the Init XML I believe. Is there a way to get an error log? Sorry I am on meds and forget most things I used to know. THis is on bth Vista machne, Iwill try it on my XP and hope for better results.

13. Elucidus

Elucidus King

I really want to try this, in fact start my mod with this.

14. Elucidus

Elucidus King

It works on my laptop, it takes like 7-10 minuts to load though. Its a 2 Ghz 2 GB ram machine, so Idont' know why it takes so long. Anyway I am going to try running as admin, maybe that is what I was supposed ot be doing

15. Elucidus

Elucidus King

Okay, in Vista it has to be run in admin mode.

16. rockinroger

Great glad you got it working, load is long as we didnt pack the art, but after loading it should run fairly quick.

17. Elucidus

Elucidus King

Yep, thanks. So tell me. Did yo find a way around the Certical_Symbols problems? Because the one in the game is blank, but I see stuff in the game where the images should be. I mean that would be awesome if we could finally deisgn our own FPG system. Sorry I get excited easily.

18. coalman

coalman Chieftain

I have vista and I have tried running it as administrator and it still stops the game before it loads up.

19. FirstDownMage

FirstDownMage Chieftain

Let me start by saying that I love, absoultely love the additions and changes that have been made. The additional units, resources, and civilizations are just fantastic. Unfortunately, before and after installing 1.0, the odds of finishing a game, seem to be extremely low. Most games that I have played, usually end with some kind of error that cannot be ignored, or the game just hangs, and the little world just keeps spinning (mouse turns into the world when you hit end turn)

I'm nearing the end of a game that I was really loving. I had set it up to I think the second hardest settings, playing at Epic speed. Custom game, no space race, no time victory, and a few civilizations removed, so as not to have 36 players on the big planet we are on.

1800s come along, I click end turn, the computer begins working on the computer players moves, the mouse turns into the little earth, starts spinning, and never stops. I left it for as long as 15 minutes once, no error message when I jump back to windows, its just frozen. Since I'm used to it crashing, I had been saving every few turns. I went back, re-loaded, and encountered the same error. I dont know what causes it.

Is Epic Speed or No Space Race a bug ? Its all I can think of. Any ideas ?

20. rockinroger

I play with no space race also. Is this woc 1.10 or 1.20? Epic unfortunately, I never get a chance to play all the way thru do you have a saved game?