worker jobs

Thank you, that is a good article, and probably one of them I printed out one time.

But, there's not anything about forts, barricades, airfields etc. in there. That kind of info I have yet to see.

No there isn't anything about forts or airfields in their. But i'll keep looking :).

Sorry, I couldn't find anything. Maybe in a few different websites there might be something.

What terrain improvement is radar? I have never heard of such an improvement.

Something from an expansion pack, not in vanilla.

An outpost provide a line of sight radius. The radius is 2 normally, and 3 on a hill, 4 on a mountain.

A radar tower provides a combat bonus to any unit within a 2 tile radius.

Ah, colonies. Yes, I build colonies if the resource won't be within reach of a city in a reasonable stretch of time.

Did you lose the colony to a new city, or a cultural expansion of an existing one? The idea (to me at least) is to have the resource until you can found a city near it, or extend a city's cultural boundary to include it. The worker is freed once this happens.
Or did you lose the colony by military force? The can be defended.

You only get the effect of 1 radar tower at a time, though if you build more than 1, then you get the effect until all near you are destroyed, of course.

You'll want fighters if you have high level games that go to the IA - the AI loves bombers...

The worker is freed once this happens.
The worker is used up in building the colony, its really gone, you don't have to pay upkeep for him any more, and you never get him back again.

Or did you lose the colony by military force? The can be defended.

If the AI plants a town near it, the colony is also gone, and this is not an act of war.

If I remember correctly from a different thread, he lost his colony this way, by a non-enemy AI planting a town next to it.

I stand corrected, I think. Like I said I build colonies if the resource won't be within reach of a city soon, and it's been a while. (If the resource is ridiculously far away, I just tough it out.)

Top Bottom