Workers per city ratio..

Votes: 2 3.2%

Votes: 24 38.7%

Votes: 23 37.1%

Votes: 13 21.0%

• Total voters

Genv [FP]

Website Moron
I use the 1.5 workers per city rule, it works pretty well, up to the point you forget you need to keep building workers :lol:

I also group my workers into groups of 2, what about you?

I don't care at all. I try to make sure cities are not working unimproved tiles, and that they're specialized. The land can dictate anything between 1 (lots of seafood with minimal land to improve) to 2 (jungles...) IMO.

I assume this is early on? I like much more early on say 2-1 cities. Then reducing 1-1 as you expand and first few cities are worked fully.

So to pick one answer from this would be wrong.

Start with one. Grow until you run out of improved tiles. Whip another worker.

It really depends on the amount of tiles you need to improve / number of forests/jungles you need to chop etc. Some land dictate 2+ workers while sometimes you can get by with under 1. I never use any such hard and fast rules, if i need to improve tiles than i am currently doing then i will get more workers...

No hard and fast rule for me as well. I keep making workers until the rate of terrain improvement satisfies me. As long as you're improving tiles at least as fast as your cities are growing it's okay, right? In practice I suspect I have about one per city unless I have jungle to cut . . .

I usually group my workers in 2s in the Medieval era cause thats when i chop and get on warring the most. Also if im a fin. then ill probably group workers together for faster cottages.

i never really plan how many workers i want, i just build them when i feel that important improvements aren't getting done quick enough

1 per city early on, drops to maybe 2 every 3 cities later on, then some extra get built for railroading or if I settle a new landmass (especially if its mostly jungle like in my present game).

edit: early on they tend to work alone, later in groups of 3 (which since I play marathon all the times for building stuff divide by).

1 per city early on, drops to maybe 2 every 3 cities later on, then some extra get built for railroading or if I settle a new landmass (especially if its mostly jungle like in my present game).

edit: early on they tend to work alone, later in groups of 3 (which since I play marathon all the times for building stuff divide by).

I usually play epic and get annoyed how sometimes my 2-worker teams are done at the same time, and sometimes one has to be moved away so as to not waste a turn. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

Here's a question for ya:

Move to tile with 2 workers then start building, or send a worker ahead to road the tile to save the 2nd worker the movement?

I'd guess I build around 10-12 (2 per city initially) then stop. Maybe less if I go for an early rush.

I usually add 4-5 more once Railroad comes in.

Move to tile with 2 workers then start building, or send a worker ahead to road the tile to save the 2nd worker the movement?

I also separate my workers and send one ahead to road hills and forests before adding another worker to help with mining and cutting. While waiting for the road, the other workers can improve accessible tiles instead of wasting movement turns.

I didn't vote as the number vary greatly for me.

I play mostly OCC so its biased.

I normally build 1-2 worker(s) in the early game as its generally enough to devellop my tiles at the same rythm my city grow.

In the late game i can have 20+ workers (mostly captured) grouped in 1 or 2 stack(s) able to rebuilt any improvement and road/railroad in my BFC in 1 turn.

Top Bottom