World War 2 -Global Conflict

Great scenario! I haven't downloaded the newest version so I don't know if you fixed it, but I have been playing as Japan and I found it very easy to take over all of Asia, Europe (at least what Germany doesn't have), Africa, and Australia. I see that you improved Russia's production capabilities so that might help. Also making China a bit stronger and have Japan start out with not so many tanks will help. These are just ideas I have and like I said I don't know if you already fixed it up. Thanks for the scenario!

This scenario sucks. To be fair, every major nation involved in the conflict should have a chance at victory, even if its slight. Tried playing as the Italians and they have no oil. Alright that's fine. Will just have to secure some in Africa as that's the nearest. Wait, whats this? No transports. And they require oil to build. My african colonies are basically up for grabs now. How did I settle them anyway without transports? Was thinking about running through Anatolia and the middle east to get there, but as I'm at war with Greece and have next to no army, it's probably suicide. Nobody out there even has any oil to trade. And there are no permanent alliances as there should be. Why am at war with Norway and China and those other fools if there is not even an alliance? This scenario sucks as I can't even get off the ground.

Thanks for that as I don't have time to beta test every nation involved and I havent had any feedback about Italy. Italy does have a tank in north africa and you could attack baghdad and secure some oil. This scenario the Axis forces need to secure a source of oil so they can carry on with the war or they could try and get peace with the allies. You are at war with China and norway because the Axis forces Japan,Italy,Germany were at War with the Allied forces. What units do you suggest I add to the Italian Navy.

What units do you suggest I add to the Italian Navy.
1 transport and a lot of battleships,destroyers ect,the navy was one of the deciding factors of the pact of steel

2 transports. About 3 destroyers and 1 battleship. Not too many as the Italian navy wasn't too impressive at this time. A slight increase in their ground troops would be nice as well. About 3 more infantry in Italy. One more tank in Italy as well (if there even was any). And 2 machine guns in Africa. And a permanent alliance for the axis and allies. And permanent war as well. No peace treaties because if one alliance member signs it they all do.

Is that scenario for the vanilla game or it is designed for warlords?

vannila
xcl

Trinder,

I am playing the .06 version so some of my comments may be outdated. However, I would like to start off by saying I love wwii scenarios and this is quite fun to play.

report:
I played as germany, its mid 1949. I found Britians navy to be way to weak! they ruled the seas and only had to contend with the U-boat. In my game i quickly gained control of the seas around GB.

I haven't seen a list of changes for v.9 but saw suggestions for permanent alliance, have to agree as in my game couldn't get japan to join an alliance with me or get involved in war against the US!

Did you have any plans on modifying tech tree and units? rocketry gives gunships which would be nice to see removed, SAM's ok as they mimic anti aircraft guns. Also, mech infantry shows up in ~47' which would also be nice to see removed.

I would also agree from a germany standpoint that italy is extremely weak. Japan in my game seems to have stagnated after taking over most of china. tons of navy around new zealand, australia what have it but doing nothing but sitting for 3-5 years!

There were oil fields in romania during the real war which germany relied heavily on.

I got .9 and will check it out for changes but wanted to voice what i had observed and my appreciation for your time nad efforts, this is good fun and well on its way to being a great scenario. I hope you continue to update it. I would also suggest modifying the first post to state what version and the current state of the scenario so people have a better understanding of what they are getting into. ;)

You have nations like Argentina and Ireland as playable ones but no Finland? Oh, I forgot, we were under German rule so this mod is excellent...

oljb007 Hey Thanks for that feedback you managed to identify some key weakness especially the italians who should have more resources. When I started the scenario I could not find a way to put Germany,Japan and Italy in an Alliance. My knowledge on the Civ 4 worldbuilder files are not the best and if anyone out their knows how to put these 3 nations in an Alliance please let me know. I have put the Oil resource just out of reach of the Axis forces to give them an aim as to why they are trying to take over the world to secure the resource oil. Its just to balance the game if Germany started in 1939 with Oil they would be unstoppable and this scenario would be impossible But its feedback like yours that will improve this scenario and help it become more enjoyable.

gd i hate civ 4. i know how to mess with teams now. and i made the alliances. problem is i get the generic "you have been defeated" message every time i start up a game. this really baffled me because i was very careful when editing the WBsave file and i didnt mess with anything not related to my aim. so i load up the unedited WBsave file (your version) and guess what? now, it doesnt work at all! game crashes upon start. wtf does civ 4 have to be such an ahole sometimes?

EDIT: nvm. your scenario works now. i redownloaded and cleared the cache as i may have inadvertently change something in the original.

Finland guestion is interesting because there are playable nations as Norway which one was under german rule but that doesn't fit for finns. We maybe were allies but never under german rule actually we push them out of Lapland in 1945.And Sweden was in war last time under Napoleonic wars. Scenario looks great by the way.

can we just lump the irish and south americans together as they didn't do anything the entire war

can we just lump the irish and south americans together as they didn't do anything the entire war

The south american countries should be playable as independant states. What if through some stretch of luck the war lasts longer, and some of these powers get involved. Plus, the post war world is very interesting in that it allows this mod to be playable even after WWII

I just downloaded the scenario. However, which folder do I have to put it in so that I can play it. I first put it in the Mods folder (where the scenarios that came with the game are located) and then started the game and clicked on "Play a Scenario". However, the scenario doesn't show up. Then I moved it to the saved games folder and then started the game and tried to load the scenario as a saved game but it still wouldn't show up. Is there something that I must do first?

I just downloaded the scenario. However, which folder do I have to put it in so that I can play it. I first put it in the Mods folder (where the scenarios that came with the game are located) and then started the game and clicked on "Play a Scenario". However, the scenario doesn't show up. Then I moved it to the saved games folder and then started the game and tried to load the scenario as a saved game but it still wouldn't show up. Is there something that I must do first?
just put it in publicmaps

also welcome to cfc:D:D:king::D:D

just put it in publicmaps

also welcome to cfc:D:D:king::D:D

Thanks! :) I got it to load. However, I can't get it to play. :sad: I start it up by going to "Load Scenarios" and then I click on the WWII scenario. Everything loads up but then the map comes up black and I get a dialog box that says "you have been defeated". It seems like there's some glitch. Any ideas on this one?

Thanks! :) I got it to load. However, I can't get it to play. :sad: I start it up by going to "Load Scenarios" and then I click on the WWII scenario. Everything loads up but then the map comes up black and I get a dialog box that says "you have been defeated". It seems like there's some glitch. Any ideas on this one?
try to load it from mycomputer

i really hate that "you have been defeated" message. doesnt tell you jack about whats wrong.

Top Bottom