1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WORLD WAR II Scenario (Worldmap)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Scenarios' started by gRUmbL, Jan 29, 2005.

1. deathrain111

deathrain111 Chieftain

please tell me this works for plain c3 :(

2. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Welcome to CFCdeathrain111. [party]:band:

As you can see in post one of this thread, this great scenario only runs with Civ 3 Conquests.

3. deathrain111

deathrain111 Chieftain

aww is there any good WW2 maps for civ 3 ):

4. Kona4584

Kona4584 Chieftain

Well, i downloaded this yesterday. and i tried to run it. and it started and i picked the civ i wanted and everything.. but after i pressed ok. it stopped loading at configuring scenario and wouldn't keep going.. ?? what do i do??

5. againsttheflow

againsttheflow unpolitically uncorrect

It likely was not frozen at all but just still loading. I read from the first post that this is 145 MB so it would probably take a good while to load this and configuring is the longest step. Just wait a while longer. :)

6. Kona4584

Kona4584 Chieftain

see i went to school and came back and it ran and i played but.. it takes like 3 hours.. if i download the fast version will it make it faster??

7. againsttheflow

againsttheflow unpolitically uncorrect

Sounds very probable. :p (I've never played this one)

8. Kona4584

Kona4584 Chieftain

thanks ill try it. and tell if it works if it does thanks :p

9. Kona4584

Kona4584 Chieftain

It worked :) thanks

10. Hulk

Hulk Chieftain

Long time ago.. any other questions? :)
    Greetz

11. B-29 Bomber

B-29 Bomber Prince

Um, Stupid question. Shouldn't India be part of the British Empire?

12. wants to know

wants to know Chieftain

i'll say yes but you're probably not going to get s response from the main creator after all this time

13. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter

Here is a reupload of the files that I´m still having backed up. The reupload was wished in that post and in a pm I have received. Swasticas and Hitler portraits were replaced by neutral files. Please take into account, that this is no scenario I have created and therefore I´m not the one to answer questions or requests about that scenario. Please consider, that this scenario was released in 2005 and therefore has some very old and outdated units - but also some unique units in good quality. In my eyes it is still a good WW2 scenario - even today.

The scenario is for C3C and must be installed in the C3C scenarios folder. Install it there that way:

1. Unzip the WWII zip file into the C3C scenarios folder
    2. Unzip the Units zip file into the WWII\Art folder
    3. Unzip the WWII biq files WWII_the World at War, WWII_the World at War_v2 and WWII_the World at War_fast into the C3C scenarios folder
    4. The attached original WWIIv2Patch1Installer can replace the graphics of the SAS unit and the civilopedia graphics of 3 units.

I think this reupload is in the sense of the creators of that scenario and enables them to redo and improve their lost scenario files, if they still have any interest in doing that.

Attention: So the rared Units folder has 145,5 MB and therefore is below the maximum upload size of 146,5 MB for a single upload, the zipped Units folder is not appearing as an attachment to this post, while it was shown during the upload, that 100 % of the file were uploaded. I will have to split the Units file in at least two parts and hope, that I can add them tomorrow. At present the reupload is not complete !

Edit:
    Even the first part of the splitted units file with only 79,1 MB does not appear as an attachement to this post. May be the size of the attachment limit that CFC shows for an upload, is wrong. Unfortunately it will now last some time until this will be cleared at CFC.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 16, 2020
  14. Griffin140

Griffin140 Chieftain

You are the man! Thanks so much!