World Wide Wonder

We could just take a couple from Hammy then bribe Cathy to peace before he gets too small. Lincoln can be switched out of US by spies. Can any of the cities we've taken be gifted to WvO yet? haven't checked the save on that

No all that's take are Indian cities in our back line. There are two smallish cities in the ocean between us and Netherdia which may be giftable (but I doubt it). Don't worry I'll gift when I can, as long as they're not essential to our votes. I'll play in about 2 hrs, time for lunch.

Do we want Civilised Jewellers? I just popped a GArt on my second turn and that's what we got.

Took executive decision based on Sushi Mining being the only mentioned corps and settled.

Basically what my title says. Nothing much happened, I took 2 cities of Gandhi and one off the barbs, have a signficant SoD waiting off the mainland of India, and we're 51 votes at the last count from victory.

I won't include builds or anything minor like that , and I forgot the BUG log, but at this stage I don't think that matters.

Turn 370:
Some builds, upgrade Lbow in Madrid, queued Pentagon in Rome.
Culture goes to 10% due to emancipation, if we weren't so close to a victory I would put up emancipation vote just to get this.

Turn 371:
Yunus Emre in Rome (probably the worst fall on the G person):
Spoiler :

Hired 2 more Merchants to bring to 52% odds but at 24 turns away (from turn 371) i don't expect to pop another Great person before we win.
Former Spanish cities get proper Roman names.
Found a SoD in Sippar:
Spoiler :

Turn 372:
Builds

Turn 373:
Science goes to 40% (I've done enough defensive upgrades and have>1000g).

Turn 374:
Get 2 trades this turn:
Spoiler :

I refused Hammy's trade, didn't want to see him with Infantry, but took Lincolns trade just to keep diplo high.
UN resolution time, decide to test the mettle.
Found a Naval SoD in Opis (took screenie but never saved).

Turn 375:
Some builds landed infantry on worker in Uzbek.
Votes went:
Spoiler :

As well as I could of hoped, was entertaining wild dreams of getting a victory here, whereupon I'd be writing a really pessimistic report just to dum the victory on you all.

I captured Kolhapur. During the battle I lost 3 rifles to the Machine gun (they all damaged him so they did their jobs) and a 76% battle against a Frigate popped out of Kolhapur.
Spoiler :

WvO won't take.

Hernan Cortes was born and settled in Neapolis.
Land the stack for Hyderabad.

Turn 376:
IT lose one rifle to an Indian Cavalry.
Other than that I took Hyderabad without loss:
Spoiler :

WvO wouldn't take on turn 377, but I'd consider keeping this one, our votes are secure from that direction.

Turn 377:
Capture Uzbek:
No screenshot.

From then on builds only.

Advice:
Our SoD in Hyderabad needs about 1 turn of healing before continuing on to Varanasi which looks like this:
Spoiler :

Our demgraphics are healthy:
Spoiler :

I'd do my best to capture at least 3 more side 12-15 Indian cities before Turn 385 (not sure if next vote is election or resolution) and cash in our chips asap. I doubt it will pass onto two more people at this stage.

Attachments

• WWW SSE AD-1740.CivBeyondSwordSave
    545.5 KB · Views: 95
Gandhi will Capitulate, is it worth taking him on, getting all his votes and winning that way.

I think we can handle the -1 taking a vassal, its the worst enemy problem. We don't have to trade with him, just master him.

Hammurabi is far enough behind in love stakes, that we'll win easily.

Swap into Hereditary Rule (Catherine)

Emancipation (Lincoln)

Free Religion (William)

favourite civic, and we're home

Gandhi will Capitulate, is it worth taking him on, getting all his votes and winning that way.

I think we can handle the -1 taking a vassal, its the worst enemy problem. We don't have to trade with him, just master him.

Emancipation (Lincoln)

Free Religion (William)

I think whatever way we go (cap Gandhi or take his cities) the biggest delay will probably be that the next vote will be a Sec General one, delaying us by ten turns.

Emancipation (Lincoln)

Free Religion (William)

Great point on that IPEX! Glad you noticed that. Since Stoch hasn't chimed in in awhile, I'll take next set. So I'll play based on capping Gandhi and doing civics to HR/Eman/FR and just go into cruise control to victory.

IHT-
Talk to Gandhi
Spoiler :

We actually get a -2 hit for vassal
Do a Civics swap
Spoiler :

Giving us lots of :) in our cities to grow
Dropping :culture: to 0% and raising :science: to 60%

Turn 381-
Veru factory>mg
Cathy deal
Spoiler :

Turn 382-
Cumea transport > customs
Moai destroyer > customs
Manucium forum > :gold:
Gandhi offers a trade..decline
U.N. Vote comes up
Spoiler :

Vote Diplo for US

Turn 383-
U.N. Vote come up
WINNER..WINNER..CHICKEN DINNER!:woohoo::band::dance:
Spoiler :

And now some final screenies
Spoiler :
Our Portrait

Demographics

Our Wonders List in glorious Rome

The Score

Great game guys! Thanks for playing and I really learned a LOT on how diplomacy works in the game. Good call IPEX on vassaling Gandhi, continuing on to take his cities would have worked too, but lasted a few more turns.

Here's the saves 1 turn before win and the final end save.

Attachments

• WWW SSE AD-1744-1turnb4win.CivBeyondSwordSave
    550.5 KB · Views: 151
  • Aug_Emp_Sta_Aug_Epi_Anc_1746-AD_Tem_Med_Nov-14-2010_12-56-46.CivBeyondSwordSave
    552.3 KB · Views: 65
Thanks for the game Cripp and it's always nice to see the sponsor take the winning tape. Yeah the game really opened me up to running a proper diplo win. All my previous wins of this type were cashing my chips early on a domination run.
I think the key here, more than Romes wonders was the push on Churchill. If he had not fallen, or worse yet hurt us, I think we were done. But as we beat him without too much pain that set us up for the win.

Just had a quick dig around the demographic screens. Looks like Cathy was going Cultural as her numbers shot up in the last 50 turns. Probably why she didn't declare on Hammy, couldn't get the forces together.
As regards wonders we ended with 20 all built in Rome except for Statue of Zeus stolen of Churchy at York, the Mahabondi stolen off Izzy at Madrid and the Mining Inc HQ founded by us in Madrid. Other country's wonders were: 6 for Babylon,5 for Russia, and 3 each for India and Netherlands.

On great People we got:
Code:
[B]Type         No.      Rome      Neapolis[/B]
Great Eng.     2         1       0
Great Gen.     6         1       4
Great Merch    0         0       0
Great Pro.     3         3       0
Great Sci      4         3       0
Great Spy      5         4       0

The extra GEng was used for Corp, the GSpy for Scot Yard, GSci for Academy and Gen for medic.

Also it was nice to be able to finish the game on a wonder build in Rome, i.e. The Pentagon. Now that we've won we can turn it into the Five Corners Mall of Simpsons fame.

Actually, it looks like she was going to declare upon Gandhi, as soon as we vassalized him, she went out of red fist mode.

Vassal -2, didn't expect that, but...Meh...went green with Catherine, but Hammurabi was white at +1 and we had +9.

Easy win in end. Key was Eliminating Churchhill, that and putting the smack down on Isabella, and getting Catherine in as a war Ally.

Gandhi, was just a clean up and putting the smack down on, as I said, we only had to Master, but NEVER TRADE WITH GANDHI!!!!

Well I've managed to over-commit myself yet again (but being unemployed it's not too bad) so I'll probably lurk this one *runs off to get his pom-poms and cheerleaders outfit*.

Top Bottom