Worst way to die?

Mouthwash

Escaped Lunatic
Nano-robots that target brain receptors in a precise way to cause not only the pinnacle conceivability of sustainable pain and not only the pinnacle of sustainable emotional severity but also manifest new mechanisms of conscious negativity through radical adjustments in perception consciousness, plunging the individual into a reality completely unknown to them and creating an unimaginably expansive trauma-soaked delirium.

And you're also out of beer.

One manner of death that's always been particularly horrifying to me, ever since I saw it used in a crime show, is death by falling in an active trash compactor. Especially when no one's around to shut it down.

Just... gah.

Getting sniped in the brain unaware. A bit of a weird choice, but if I'm going to die, I want to have some conscious awareness of it.

Alzheimers would suck for similar reasons.

What if when you die you keep entering parallel universes where you don't die, so you never end up dying?

One manner of death that's always been particularly horrifying to me, ever since I saw it used in a crime show, is death by falling in an active trash compactor. Especially when no one's around to shut it down.

Just... gah.

Some time ago, I worked at a computer repair job where me and my friends were sort of the resident "yeah, they don't look like they do much, but they're really efficient" guys. We were very close to one of the neighboring department's supervisors and so we would have some harmless fun at her expense every now and then, and she'd usually brush it off and we'd have a good laugh about it.

Well, one day we were supposed to be painting some stuff with this red paint we were given, while the rest of our area continued their normal job. The supervisor didn't know this.

Well, we were walking back to the front for lunch (except for one of us, who was staying behind to put things away) and had distressed looks on our faces. The painting was aggravating, and our actual supervisor kept distracting us from the very work she gave us to do by giving us other things.

Well, we guess it was the red paint on our hands, and the look of distress, but something caused our supervisor friend to start looking anxious. We jokingly said that our friend was still back there, and there was an accident, but it was lunch and so we were going to grab our food. Yes, kinda dickish, but we said it so obviously jokingly that we thought nothing of it.

Oh no. Oh dear no.

Supervisor starts freaking right out at this point, and does so even a little after we tell her we were just joking. She screams at us a little bit, then tells us never to do it again and goes back to her area. This is the first time she's ever taken anything really seriously in the warehouse, and we didn't see her the rest of the shift.

Well, as we were leaving, she stayed outside to grab a cigarette and told us to come talk to her. Turns out, she was working a job just a few years before this and was the only person with any sort of medical training and certification. So, when a kid got trapped in a very slow moving compacter with a jammed lever, she had to be there.

She was beginning to get kinda distant, like she was watching it again, and telling us how it took an entire half hour for the compacter to do him in. 30 minutes of full contact, blood, popping, tears, and then silence. There were 3 men trying to stop the lever, but it was known around the plant that it was so roughed up, that the machine wouldn't let him go until it was done with him. Everyone but those four stared anywhere but at the machine, and she said no one could blame him. The entire plant was silent, except for his screams.

She left that job the next week, and lived with her girlfriend, jobless, for a year after that. :(

I imagine its a toss up between burning to death and being eaten alive by some large animal.

Although good lord is that trash compactor story ever horrifying. Add that to the list.

Scaphism by far. Persian execution.

The intended victim was stripped naked and then firmly fastened within the interior spaces of two narrow rowing boats (or hollowed-out tree trunks), with the head, hands and feet protruding. The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey to the point of developing severe bowel movement and diarrhea, and more honey would be rubbed on his body to attract insects to the exposed appendages. He would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun. The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects, which would eat and breed within his exposed flesh, which—pursuant to interruption of the blood supply by burrowing insects—became increasingly gangrenous. The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that dehydration or starvation did not kill him. Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation and septic shock. Delirium would typically set in after a few days.

Scaphism by far. Persian execution.

The intended victim was stripped naked and then firmly fastened within the interior spaces of two narrow rowing boats (or hollowed-out tree trunks), with the head, hands and feet protruding. The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey to the point of developing severe bowel movement and diarrhea, and more honey would be rubbed on his body to attract insects to the exposed appendages. He would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun. The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects, which would eat and breed within his exposed flesh, which—pursuant to interruption of the blood supply by burrowing insects—became increasingly gangrenous. The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that dehydration or starvation did not kill him. Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation and septic shock. Delirium would typically set in after a few days.

In other words, Iranians.

Yeah, we can live with a nuclear Tehran. Sure.

He seems to either think it is a modern punishment or that due to it Iran is still evil. Either way this seems like a good reason to invade Iran to him (I think).

Just pointing out that this form of torture is being legalized as a result of the Arab Spring, that to say it is a Persian form of torture is to say it is an Iranian form of torture, and historically it is a penalty levied under Islamic law and unless actions are taken to prevent it this is what will befall many of the West and of course, the Jews.

The people who performed this weren't Muslims :crazyeye:

Dude, Im Muslim and I can assure you, even the hardest sharia law interpretation does not mention anything close to Scaphism. That'd be like saying the US is evil because it has a death penalty, and Giles Corey in the witch trials of 1690 was crushed to death by stones.

Brass bull execution or drowning scares me. Being buried alive is also pretty bad.

Also skinning people alive and throwing them into salt is a really screwed up way of executing people (Assyria was the first to use it I think)

Top Bottom