WOTM-01 Pre-Game Discussion

Don't look weak... fast, early expansion seems almost mandatory for any VC... in cities that aren't going to be your 3, make sure you keep up enough military to defend yourself. I have to admit that I've never actually completed a cultural victory, but every time I've gone for one, I've gotten invaded towards the end, yet when I've gone for spaceship or diplo, I've been close enough that I could have gone cultural... dunno if this helps or not, though :)

I've never played a game of the month or a succession game before. I think I will take a shot at it. That starting position just screams "production whore." All things are possible with a little bit of copper or stone and hammers in your capital..

I think i`ll try a cultural victory... triying to get Great Wall... maybe pyramids if lucky, and then start building wonders until the whole world starts speaking carthaginesse. :king:

I think in noble is posible to get GW plus piramids, and then the GEs and the use of a well timed whip in cities with plenty of flood plains (wich look usual in arid worlds), will grant us a nice advantage in wonder building over the AI. Of course, if we can get the coastal wonders (great lighthose/colossus), it will help a lot in building coastal comerce/culture citys

AU_Armageddon said:
Just dun state that old shoehorn phrase CS slingshot as the strat and gameplan. All the way to gotm 10 and still it must've been referenced 1 in every 2 posts for these 4 pages. I can hear it ringing in my ears.

aaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :aargh:

my strat for wotm1 - gonna beeline to future tech :newyear:

Do you think you might be able to use the Oracle for a future tech slingshot? :mischief:

Top Bottom