Would you enjoy living in apocolyptic times?

Would you enjoy living in post-apocolyptic times (more than today)?

• Yes / Probably

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • No / Probably Not

Votes: 49 65.3%

• Total voters

Narz

keeping it real
After the nuclear war
or nature gone wild (hurricanes, tsunamis, flooding, drought, etc.)
or mass infertility
or whatever

Only about 1% of the original population remains. It's up to the survivors to consolidate and rebuild.

The new possibilities would be endless although of course many of luxeries we take for granted would be more difficult to come by.

I could fantasize about it all day.

So would you enjoy the new challenge or would you mourn the loss of the old world? Would you think you could do well in the new world order, or fear that you'd end of like Piggy (from Lord of The Flies)?

What do you think you would enjoy most, and what do you think you would miss most?

Yes, but only because I would still be alive. I would rather live in the old world, though (the conveniences are fun, there's more to learn, and the ability to live for a long, long time, if not forever).

it would be pretty crap, i think id be killed by one of those biker gangs that seem to appear out of nowhere in those apocolyptic times

While post-apocalyptic stories are some of my favorites, I wouldnt like living in it. I like my family having proper health care and more relative safety.

No. It would require much more work then I would be willing to do to build a house, find food, water, and stay alive. Face it, I am lazy. And i wouldn't have a computer, internet, OR CFC!!!

Even worse, no chocolate! I can't survive without chocolate!!!

No, the radioactive radiation would make it extremely hard for me to breath the air… let alone cursing the son of a ***** nation that started the war!

Can't say wether I'd enjoy it, but I think it would be awesome to set up a medieval type society again and rule as one of the reigning kings... *eyes glaze over* Course, I'd likely be dead in the apocalypse, but we can always dream.

As long as electricty could be restored I would enjoy it because I would be free to go around and take the remenants of everyone's anime and video game collection.

sure, I wouldnt mind settign gmysefl up as a warlord via Northkings dream, and creating a new society to last the ages, and rebuild all civlization.

however, the lack of air conditioning, and starbucks would be major down point though.

Well, I'd still enjoy life. But I'd have a richer better life without it.

Unless of course I could blast zombies all day, that would be fun.

Edit: Or if it's like in Dr. Strangelove where there's 10 women for every man :groucho:

Perfection said:
Well, I'd still enjoy life. But I'd have a richer better life without it.

Unless of course I could blast zombies all day, that would be fun.

I;m happy to know that should a nuculer apocoltpse over cas tthe world, and zombies sprout form the ground, that, should ye survive, the world would have a dedicated zombie (re)killer ;)

Xen said:
I;m happy to know that should a nuculer apocoltpse over cas tthe world, and zombies sprout form the ground, that, should ye survive, the world would have a dedicated zombie (re)killer ;)
You should see me sling a shotgun, I look totally bad-ass.

I would not, because my kds or even myself would end up like mutants. Ever seen those kids from Chernobyl? It'd be 10 times worse.

rbis4rbb said:
I would not, because my kds or even myself would end up like mutants. Ever seen those kids from Chernobyl? It'd be 10 times worse.
That's why you got to invest in a high quality underground supercomplex.

Perfection said:
That's why you got to invest in a high quality underground supercomplex.
Radiation penetrates the ground - at least deep enough that, with today's technology, you'll still be irradiated.

Yom said:
Radiation penetrates the ground - at least deep enough that, with today's technology, you'll still be irradiated.
With a two kilometer deep shelter with 200 meters of shielding I'll have to deal with less radiation then I normally do now on earth.

Not really, because in Apocalyptic times (as opposed to apocalyptic times), I'd have been part of the Rapture (hopefully).

Top Bottom