Would you want to be the President or Prime Minister of your country?

Would you be the President/PM of your country?

• Yes

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 20 71.4%

• Total voters
I'd like to think that I would be able to empathise and stay in-touch enough to be able to clearly see what my constituents need and want, and act accordingly, but I just don't have the courage and confidence to make it as any type of politician. So no, I wouldn't.

No, it's hard enough deciding on what to have for breakfast.

I just went back to the last Labour PM I could think of. How about Attlee? Harold Wilson?
You forgot Callaghan.
Of course, most people would prefer to forget Callaghan.

I think it's been made clear repeatedly that I'll be far worse than any previous Prime Minister.
I dunno. You can't be any worse than Blair, Brown, the Maybot, or BOJO.
I thought about include David Hameron on the list but decided simply being a Poxbridge Born-to-Rule toff isn't enough to make you a bad PM.

Even profane language has its place, but using it artfully is a skill few possess.
Fuddle-duddle. ;)

Actually, while our current PM is polite enough not to laugh in Trump's face (there's a YouTube video of a meeting between Trudeau and Trump at the White House; Trump is bragging as usual and it's obvious that Justin and Sophie are trying very hard not to break out in laughter), he has used unparliamentary language in Parliament.

I dunno. You can't be any worse than Blair, Brown, the Maybot, or BOJO.
I thought about include David Hameron on the list but decided simply being a Poxbridge Born-to-Rule toff isn't enough to make you a bad PM.

I keep hearing a lot of praise about the current Prime Minister.

I keep hearing a lot of praise about the current Prime Minister.
Like how the UK has, I believe, the highest per-capita Covid death toll in Europe?
The thing is, BOJO hasn't done anything yet. He came to power and had his chancellor put out a feel-good budget that is misleading in terms of actual funding outlays and further removed funding from local government (Westminster has far too much control over local government). Then Covid hit, with BOJO pretending the UK could pull off a sort of herd immunity + track and trace response. All that accomplished was bungling the UK's initial response before forcing the UK down into lockdown late.
Plus, Brexit negotiations are stalled, with BOJO having to seek yet another extension to Brexit (remember the UK triggered Article 50 spring 2017, so they were supposed to be out spring 2018). The EU has made it clear they have absolutely no interest in seeing the UK in a permanent extension period, so either BOJO crashes out of the EU early next year with the EU's 'take it or leave it' deal or he has to seek another extension which the EU will extract some very nice concessions from.

Top Bottom