Writing in Gunpowder

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Eclipse4449, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

With our newest research complete, our people can get back to the projects they were working on previously, great buildings that will further advance our people!

2. Hawklord

Hawklord Sonic Warrior

no news
    gps

3. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

France is so much better thanks to sinimusta!

GPS to Nighthawk

4. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Not a lot to report in Spain except for the birth of a great musician!

5. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Simperator Knoedel

Huh? But there aren't Great Musicians in Civ4?

6. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

*sigh*... you take me so literally. Its the free great artist that comes with being the first to learn music! ie. a great musician!

And in 1060AD, Spain completes its construction of the Hagia Sophia! We are angry at our Greek neighbors for completed the Great Library before us...

7. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

methinkso is editing my Tracker page to include this game, hopefully he can launch it.

please advise if your username is different from the pic attached

Attached Files:

8. Imp. Knoedel

Do we really want to start using Tracker now? I am changing my ingame name every five turns or so, and even noted all the dynastic names I have used so far.

9. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Ooooh oooook

10. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

As the Spanish Golden Age ends, the Queen brings about reform in the government, calling herself the constitutional monarch, as there is now universal freedom in Spain - suffrage, free speech and free religion. Except for the Portuguese and Greek slaves owned by the wealthy, everyone else is free to practice their own religion. It is very necessary in a diverse religious state such as Spain is.

The freedom of religion as practiced in Spain is shown by the building of the statue of Zeus. Even those who believe in the pagan gods are free to believe what they will in the new land of Spain.

11. Imp. Knoedel

Suffrage, really? Personally I prefer US for Golden Ages and Representation otherwise.

12. Hawklord

Hawklord Sonic Warrior

Lisbon is officially the top city in the world. gps

13. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

GPS to Nighthawk

Just to confirm, if you finish researching a tech and have nothing queued next, nothing is lost right?

14. Imp. Knoedel

Nope, everything is conserved.

Matter of fact, you are still accumulating beakers when you have selected nothing to research at all. You could theoretically go half a dozen turns with no chosen tech and if you then pick a tech you immediately get all the beakers you produced the past turns into that tech. However if you wait too long or never pick anything the game just automatically chooses the cheapest tech you can currently research for you once you have accumulated enough beakers to get it. This might be a gamey trick to avoid human rivals with espionage against you to see what you are researching most of the time, but then again I think you lose a few beakers you would have otherwise gotten from background modifiers for that tech so I'm not sure if it would be worth it. The most practical application for this would probably be the very early game, like right after founding your first city, to make a better informed decision about what the first tech to research should be after a bit of exploring.

15. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

When you have as many shrines as I do and have a lot of gold excess, suffrage is very useful :cool:

Only temporarily as Madrid starved citizens recently for Isabella's personal pet projects. As it grows back it should take over its rightful #1 spot!

16. Imp. Knoedel

Oh right, I forgot, you are Spiritual, so you don't need to adjust your civics around Golden Ages. US would still have been better during the GA though because the extra hammer for towns gets doubled in it.

17. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

I had to change my civics during the golden age in order to maximize beakers to make sure I beat you to liberalism. So unfortunately I had to wait out most of the golden age in 'sub-optimal' civics before I was allowed to switch.

18. Imp. Knoedel

Oh right, forgot about that.

19. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

GPS to Nighthawk

20. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Queen Isabella would like to publicly declare that her opinion is that the war between the Germans and Russians must end. While she understands the reasons for the original war declaration (aggressive settlements and squeezing you into a corner) you have captured enough cities to have a good piece of land for your people to live on. Should you continue to march forward you will be pushing towards the absolute destruction of the Russian empire. The Russian people deserve their own sovereignty too, so we publicly ask you to stop your advance and end the war.