Writing in Gunpowder

Discussion in 'Civ4 - PBEM Games' started by Eclipse4449, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Imp. Knoedel

Imp. Knoedel Simperator Knoedel

Shut your filthy heathen mouth, this is between Germany and Russia alone. The German crown has no intention of stopping until all Russians have been enlightened by the teachings of Tao, by the sword if necessary! Also you underestimate just how much Lebensraum Our subjects need...

OOC: I'm running Vassalage and Theocracy and have no means of changing civics easily, which means I will continue spamming units until my next Golden Age, which is still way off, which means there's still a lot of skulls I plan on cracking with my huge highly promoted Medieval army.

2. Hawklord

Hawklord Sonic Warrior

Methinks the Spanish want some of that land for themselves. They have always been an aggressive nation and we doubt they have changed.

gps

3. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Are we hung up here?

4. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

GPS to Nighthawk

5. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Queen Isabella reads the formal response from the German crown. She yells to her court "Clear the room!" The court and her advisors leave the room, leaving her alone with her thoughts. After an hour or so of silent contemplation, she calls for her top General. When he arrives, her words are short but to the point.

"General, I want you to reach out to the various districts and give me a full troop count report. Quality and quantity of battle ready divisions. Tell them to begin preparations to rally at [Confidential Location Struck From The Record]. I want your full report back to me tomorrow. I'd also like to have the Dutch emissary to the palace for lunch tomorrow. Tell the chef to prepare his best steak."

The General nodded and immediately turned and left the throne room. The Queen sat back, continuing to mull over what she had just done.

6. Hawklord

Hawklord Sonic Warrior

The Portuguese watch Spanish troop movements carefully having learnt through the years that they say one thing and do another. Anything to feed their land hungry queen.

gps

7. Imp. Knoedel

Believe me Izzy, you don't want to do what I think you are about to do...

8. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

GPS to Nighthawk

France converts to Islam, the French people want to see Islamic Missionaries spread this Religion throughout France

9. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

Eclipse: Good work converting to Islam! We encourage you to continue to spread it throughout your lands. It is the one true faith (and of course helps line our coffers with gold...)

Knoedel: We (Spain) have proven many times to be the leader of this game and control all world affairs. We were fine with you taking a couple of Russian cities, but now your continued march threatens to wipe them from the map forever. I urge you strongly to re-consider your position.

10. Imp. Knoedel

Shut up woman, nobody asked you for your opinion! For now we are tolerating muslemen in our realm, but that can change anytime should you choose to get in the way of our holy mission to rid our promised land of the Russio-Jewish plague!

11. Imp. Knoedel

Don't think I'm not noticing Spain showering Russia with technologies! You will pay dearly for this, heathen Queen!

12. Imp. Knoedel

Anyhow, update time! I don't think it's such a good idea to have the same post twice, especially since everyone here is subscribed to the story thread anyway. I'm way further behind than I thought, so I'm saving the Liberalism storyline (that is I tried really really hard to get it and then Nighthawk beat me by two turns) for the next update.

13. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

GPS to Nighthawk

14. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

I totally forgot about the story thread lol... I'll have to post my story-type updates to that thread now too.

15. sinimusta

sinimusta el capitano

Hows it going in the French nation? Still a bit interested after ruling it for a while.

16. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

Absolutely wonderful thanks to you! I think or rather I don't think France will get as powerful as Spain and Germany yet it is its own Greatness

17. Hawklord

Hawklord Sonic Warrior

The barbarian Hittites continue to resist the influence of Portuguese culture but we will win the people's hearts and minds.

gps

18. Eclipse4449

Eclipse4449 Deity

GPS to Nighthawk

19. Hawklord

Hawklord Sonic Warrior

20. Nighthawk419

Nighthawk419 Deity

It is a golden age in the Spanish Kingdom as the printing press is invented and a temple to the glory and wisdom of the many Queens Isabella is built in Seville, to be known as the Taj Mahal. The rest of the world is being left behind as Spain grows in its glory.