Is the "Fountain of youth"-event in WTP? Never seen it.
It is a "Unique Goody-Event", that you can trigger and exists in WTP. (Already since RaR.)

1. All such powerful "Unique Goody-Events" in WTP, need a minimum turn number to be triggered. (lowest 20 turns, highest 60 turns) --> new to WTP
2. These extremely powerful "Unique Goody-Events" are as the name says "unique" (only once per game and only one player can get it) --> already in RaR
3. And even then, they are still random and the overall amount and diversity of "Unique Goody Events" has been dramatically increased --> new to WTP

By the way:
Save spamming to try to get a specific "Unique Goody-Events" is really really hard.
I would really not try to do so - you would waste your time. (Too many variables - see above)

----

Summary:

Yes, but in WTP it is harder to get than it was in RaR.
(No more "Fountain of Youth" on turn 4 / no more "instant win" on turn 4)

The really powerful "Unique Goodies" expect to find at around turn 50 or 60.
The less powerful "Unique Goodies" you may already find at turn 20 or 30.

Last edited:
Is there a specific reason why these 6 tiles on Americas Gigantic are impassable, while all the adjacent tiles are not - or is it a bug?
Oh damn, you found the secret location ... :mischief:
Spoiler :

No, it is just a bug. :D
(It was accidently caused by the Map Creator.)

Explanation:
There is "Terrain Feature" Ice on these Plots. (Which is impassable.)
You just do not see it, because those are Land Plots and Ice is not visible there.

It is easy to fix.

Edit:
Is already corrected now in the map in the internal release. :)
@nci: Thanks for reporting. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: nci
Explanation:
There is "Terrain Feature" Ice on these Plots. (Which is impassable.)
You just do not see it, because those are Land Plots and Ice is not visible there.
A pity. A fort-city canal would look great right above them. =p

Is it possible to change anything so the game autosaves every turn?
Yes, that is actually what we modders normally all do.
(Our testers in beta-test phase do as well.)
  • Go to the install directory of Civ4Col.
  • There you will find a shortcut: _Civ4Config (click it)
  • Search for: AutoSaveInterval ---> change it to 1
i.e.:
AutoSaveInterval = 1

I'd also suggest changing MaxAutoSaves to something meaningful. I personally use 80.

Hi
I am back playing WTP after a long time
Got a simple Question?
In former releases it was possible to change "CIV4GameSpeedInfo.xml" to play maximum 3600 turns like this:

<GameTurnInfos>
<GameTurnInfo>
<iMonthIncrement>1</iMonthIncrement>
iTurnsPerIncrement>3600</iTurnsPerIncrement>

Is this still possible with release 3.0.1 ?

Is this still possible with release 3.0.1 ?

You are missing a "<" here:
<iTurnsPerIncrement>3600</iTurnsPerIncrement>

-------

Generally yes it is, but there is normally no need to do that at all.
(I guess you try to achieve "endless game". see below)

However:
To play endless game, you can simply deselect all victory conditions. (In "Play Custom Game" or "Play Custom Scnenario")
Or only activate Victory Condition "Independence" which is basically endless game except WOI is won.

Summary:
Normally there is no reason to change that setting. If there is, I would really like to know why.
(People often change stuff because they do not understand how it is supposed to be done correctly or can be done more easily.)

Last edited:
You are missing a "<" here:
<iTurnsPerIncrement>3600</iTurnsPerIncrement>

-------

Generally yes it is, but there is normally no need to do that at all.
(I guess you try to achieve "endless game". see below)

However:
To play endless game, you can simply deselect all victory conditions. (In "Play Custom Game" or "Play Custom Scnenario")
Or only activate Victory Condition "Independence" which is basically endless game except WOI is won.

Summary:
Normally there is no reason to change that setting. If there is, I would really like to know why.
(People often change stuff because they do not understand how it is supposed to be done correctly or can be done more easily.)

Thank you for your quick response

It´s because I don´t like to play a single round which is synonymous a whole year in the game!

On the other hand:
If I start an endless game did the timeline stop at the year 1791 after 300 rounds or what happens?
Did the game go on and on?

If I start an endless game did the timeline stop at the year 1791 after 300 rounds or what happens?
No, it just continues as it did before.
(Theoretically your game could last till year 2022 and longer.)

Last edited:

It´s because I don´t like to play a single round which is synonymous a whole year in the game!

On the other hand:

If you chose "Independence" as victory condition the game might still end prematurely for you if one of the AI players declares Independence.

I'm not sure what the exact mechanics are for festivities, but playing an Epic game I've had like 3 festivities occur in total, despite ensuring I have net positive happiness for all my colonies (all 5 of them) for the entire game, and each time all it seemed to do was generate a handful of Trade Points - maybe 3 each time? Compared to the hundreds or thousands needed this seems too small to matter.

I don't mind too much as my main concern for happiness is avoiding unrest, plus the other positive benefits from happiness are nice, but if this is all there is to festivities I'm a bit confused on the purpose of the feature...

... but if this is all there is to festivities I'm a bit confused on the purpose of the feature ...
  1. First of all there is a "min value" of Happiness (Happiness >= 5) for Festivities to happen at all which needs to be kept for several turns.
  2. If you have +5 Happiness, the chance for Festivities is only 5% per turn. (So it is not going to happen very often unless e.g. you have really high values.)
  3. And also once Festivities triggered there is a cooldown. (Meaning even if you have high Happiness, it will not happen all the time in your city.)
Get higher than +5 Happiness (e.g. +10 Happiness) in several cities and you should regularly experience Festivities. :thumbsup:

Summary:
If you want to have Festivities more often, you need to get high values of Happiness persistently over a long time in many Cities.
(Low values of e.g. +1 will not trigger any Happiness at all. The Population of your cities needs to really love you.)

-----

The purpose of the feature:
Just a small goody / reward on top for being really good in managing "Happiness". :)
It was never meant to be "totally game changing". I never wanted it to be fired all the time.

Custom games where time victory is disabled will in theory be able to run for at least 2.1 billion turns (2^31 turns). Assuming you can do one turn each second that will still take you 68 years to reach if you play 24 hours a day.

As pointed out already, the AI will likely win one of the other victories before this happens. If all victories are disabled, then I suspect the game will just continue forever or at least until the game runs out of memory addresses due to way too many colonies and units stored in memory.

On the other hand:

If you do not like to play single rounds = 1 year, then simply continuing to play additional rounds would seem to be exactly what you do not want. It would still be additional rounds that simulate 1 year and instead of having more time within a year you just have more years and may end up colonizing in times where in history colonies all were already independent.

The other option to add a feeling of more time is to use the epic and marathon game speeds.

Hello guys,

quick quesiton.. i wasnt able to find a list of the game events, what triggers them and what are the possible outcomes... is there such?

Thanks!

... is there such?
Currently you would need to read the XML itself if you want to have insight. (Civ4EventTriggerInfos.xml) :shake:
But community could start to collect these informations and share it if it wants. (e.g. as a thread here in the forum) :thumbsup:

That makes sense, but is it really supposed to be just 3-5 trade points?

That makes sense, but is it really supposed to be just 3-5 trade points?
The amount is currently purely random. Values can range between 0 and 50.
If you had just 3 to 5 trade points in your game then that was simply bad luck.
Play long enough and you will definitely also have higher values sometimes. :thumbsup:

Edit:
I changed the code so the random value ranges from 25 to 75;
(So totally low values of e.g. 3 are not possible anymore.)

Last edited:
The amount is currently purely random. Values can range between 0 and 50.
If you had just 3 to 5 trade points in your game then that was simply bad luck.
Play long enough and you will definitely also have higher values sometimes. :thumbsup:

Edit:
I changed the code so the random value ranges from 25 to 75;
(So totally low values of e.g. 3 are not possible anymore.)

Perhaps a futile question, but as you pride yourselves on usually not using purely random numbers but myteríously intervined values -
would it be possible to change the tradepoints bonus so that, if a festivity is active the bonus is
- not 0 because then I would wonder how the festivity does nothing,
- related to the "bonus" happyness. You mentioned that a city needs to get higher than 5 happyness to activeate a festivity, meaning 6+
Would it then be possible to have the bonus trade points the surplus of happyness beyond the minimum value?

e.g.
happyness <6 = no festivity
happyness >5 = festivity, trade bonus = happyness - 5, so with a happyness of 10 the bonus would be 5
If possible it would not be random anymore but directly related to the grade of happyness

Top Bottom