I have Settlers that aren't able to found cities.
And they also have "Profession Settler" (meaning they are equipped with Tools, Horses and Lumber)?
Because it is not the Unit that matters but the Profession. (There is a new Profession in the game that is required for settling).

Am I missing something?
The only thing I could imagine is that they are not equipped in the "Profession Settler" but that should be noticeable.

When you select the Unit it will say:
Settler (Prepared Settler) --> Can settle (because it is the correct Profession)
Prepared Settler
--> Can not settle (because it is just the Unit but not equipped as "Settler")

And they also have "Profession Settler" (meaning they are equipped with Tools, Horses and Lumber)?
Because it is not the Unit that matters but the Profession. (There is a new Profession in the game that is required for settling).

The only thing I could imagine is that they are not equipped in the "Profession Settler" but that should be noticeable.

When you select the Unit it will say:
Settler (Prepared Settler) --> Can settle (because it is the correct Profession)
Prepared Settler
--> Can not settle (because it is just the Unit but not equipped as "Settler")

Can you check the screenshot attached and confirm I'm not doing something really stupid? It says Prepared Settler and Settler which I believe is the unit AND profession and is equipped as Settler. FWIW I have an Expert Hunter showing as a Settler and he can't settle a city either.

@scottyrp4 :
Thanks for checking again. :thumbsup:
The bug you describe was once already reported but we could never reproduce.
Also it was reported that saving and re-loading the savegame solves the problem.

@scottyrp4 :
saving and re-loading the savegame
If this is the case then we likely have an OOS issue here since some state may not be persisted properly.

Edit: Perhaps there is an AI city within 3 tiles lurking in the fog :p

Last edited:
can you attach the game save?

edit
and specify what version of the mod you are using

Version 3.0 of WTP. Save game is attached.

@scottyrp4 :
Thanks for checking again. :thumbsup:
The bug you describe was once already reported but we could never reproduce.
Also it was reported that saving and re-loading the savegame solves the problem.

So this is where it gets weird. I'm playing off a base save game from 1499, and replaying the same game. I've been able to settle cities in some replays, but not in this current one. I don't know if that means there's an event trigger that's preventing me from settling a city or what it is.

Edit: saving the game and reloading did not fix the problem. Saving the game, quitting Civ4Col and relaunching it did.

If this is the case then we likely have an OOS issue here since some state may not be persisted properly.

Edit: Perhaps there is an AI city within 3 tiles lurking in the fog :p

No non-native AI city within 3 tiles.

Attachments

• upload_2022-2-14_15-7-22.png
    upload_2022-2-14_15-7-22.png
    129.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Scott-Desktop AD-1525-May.ColonizationSave
    200.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
now the current version is 3.0.1
Exactly, please use 3.0.1 :thumbsup:

There were several important bugfixes in it.
(That is why we release a ".0.1" after it)

@scottyrp4 :

Another idea. Maybe it is just related to which Units you have selected.
Did you create a "Selection Group" and try to settle while the complete Selection Group is selected?

Because this may not work due to the fact that the others (e.g. Native Mercenary can not settle).
Thus please select only the Settler when trying to settle.

Otherwise please use latests builds only when starting a new game.
(Old versions are more prone to have bugs.)

I have no problem establishing a colony.

View attachment 620590 View attachment 620591 View attachment 620592

now the current version is 3.0.1 please use the current version of the game always.

After saving, quitting Civ4Col and relaunching, I was able to found a colony as well.

@scottyrp4 :

Another idea. Maybe it is just related to which Units you have selected.
Did you create a "Selection Group" and try to settle while the complete Selection Group is selected?

Because this may not work due to the fact that the others (e.g. Native Mercenary can not settle).
Thus please select only the Settler when trying to settle.

Otherwise please use latests builds only when starting a new game.
(Old versions are more prone to have bugs.)

Tried it with an individual unit multiple times. I'll update to 3.0.1 and let you know if I stumble across it again :)

Every now and then in a city some of my workers have reorganized themselves: like a weaver has stopped weaving and is now a fisherman or producing bells, etc. It can be really annoying to find that once again all the cowherd has been butchered and my city is facing hunger, because my cowboy decided to become a politician. There are little icons of locks on top of professions, that doesn`t seem to do anything. I haven`t found any button for some "automatic" or "governor" type thing. Am I missing something?
What is causing this? Can I stop it?

In the bottom right of the city screen there's a padlock to turn off citizen animation. Beside it is a yellow picture of a worker running off in all directions, in case you want to turn citizen animation back on.

Try clicking the padlock.

Hello,
just had my first try playing 3.01. is there any chance playing scenario maps with 1 city plot? Haven't found an option to change that. thanks for quick help

Hello,
just had my first try playing 3.01. is there any chance playing scenario maps with 1 city plot? Haven't found an option to change that. thanks for quick help
There is a text file inside the We The People mod folder called UserSettings.txt.
Open in notepad (or whatever) and change the line: Default Colony Catchment Radius=2
to: Default Colony Catchment Radius=1
Save and play.

At least most, if not all, of the scenarios should work with that change.

In the bottom right of the city screen there's a padlock to turn off citizen animation. Beside it is a yellow picture of a worker running off in all directions, in case you want to turn citizen animation back on.

Try clicking the padlock.

I`m wondering if there is another mechanism in place? Maybe if warehouses are too full or something? That padlock thing is turned on, but still my cowboys have turned into politicians and I have to import some sheep to get my production in order. Super annoying

Maybe the changes are caused by foreign units crossing your tiles, like natives, animals, scouts,... I am not sure if the padlock system always works, to get your units back where you initially put them.
Greets

Thank you for awakening my interest in games again.
Is it possible to extract/copy data from Domestic Advisor screens to my own spreadsheet? On the same theme can text be extracted/copied from the Civilopedia?

Is there a variable in the XML that I can modify to turn off the experience cap for killing wild animals? I've been poking through UnitInfos and Combat XML files but I can't find anything/am not entirely certain what I'm looking for.

Top Bottom