WW1 Complete Infantry pack 1

someone with the old pack might try that with early and late russian machineguns too, please.

I reuploaded again and hopefully fixed austria and russia (both had only half the filesize as the other working ones had).

just give me another call if something else is wrong ;)

Thanks, seZ!

Unfortunately it's still CTD for me for Early Austrian Machinegun :(

I tested it and it works fine. so if someone else could test it to see if it happens all the time...

I tested it and it works fine. so if someone else could test it to see if it happens all the time...

You tested it like, you download from here, use that one, and then add an XML like here below?
Spoiler :

<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_MACHINE_GUN_AH</Type>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/MachineGun.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,1,6</Button>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
<NIF>Modules/Hungary/Art/Units/Hungary/hungarian machinegun/AustriaEarly.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/MachineGun/MachineGunner.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Modules/Hungary/Art/Units/Hungary/hungarian machinegun/AustriaEarly.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

Crashes for me too, fortunately I always went with the late versions, they seem to have less troubles ;)

Spoiler :
Code:
		<UnitArtInfo>
			<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_MACHINE_GUN_HOLY_ROMAN</Type>
			<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Units/MachineGun.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Unit_Resource_Atlas.dds,1,6</Button>
			<fScale>0.44</fScale>
			<fInterfaceScale>1.0</fInterfaceScale>
			<bActAsLand>0</bActAsLand>
			<bActAsAir>0</bActAsAir>
			<NIF>Art/Custom/Units/Machinegun_HolyRoman_seZereth/Austriaearly.nif</NIF>
			<KFM>Art/Units/MachineGun/MachineGunner.kfm</KFM>
			<SHADERNIF>Art/Custom/Units/Machinegun_HolyRoman_seZereth/Austriaearly.nif</SHADERNIF>
			<ShadowDef>
				<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/UnitShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
				<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
				<fShadowScale>1.0</fShadowScale>
			</ShadowDef>
			<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
			<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
			<bActAsRanged>1</bActAsRanged>
			<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIT</TrainSound>
			<AudioRunSounds>
				<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
				<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
			</AudioRunSounds>
		</UnitArtInfo>

bloody hell, you guys are right, now every version crashes for me too.
will have to investigate that as soon as i have time to do so.
sorry, but i was sure it worked...

Hey, we are happy you are making these amazing units, so no need to apologise! I just hope you'll figure out what the problem is

Well, in case you did not get it to work, I gave it a try yesterday.

Here is the xml I used (obviously you will need to adjust some paths).

got it figured out, so thx alot everyone.

Well, if mine works but yours doesn't, I'd say, do it my way ;)

I figured it out, in a completely modular way, you have to include the original nif file paratrooper is all. If you just use paratrooper_fx for both it wont work.:rolleyes: Plus you have to move all of the files to this one folder.

EDIT you posted at the same time i did Sez

I figured it out, in a completely modular way, you have to include the original nif file paratrooper is all. If you just use paratrooper_fx for both it wont work.:rolleyes: Plus you have to move all of the files to this one folder.

EDIT you posted at the same time i did Sez

ok, fine.

I dont know anything about all those modular stuff, so any questions or bugs related to that... well, i cant solve them ;)

thanks guys!!!

ok, fine.

I dont know anything about all those modular stuff, so any questions or bugs related to that... well, i cant solve them ;)

thanks guys!!!

Thats no problem, sooner or later i will figure the modular stuff out, LOL so just point them my way!!:p Well one down and sooo many more to go?? LOL:rolleyes:

See with the ideas i had above gave me more things to think about, so thx to everyone also.

I have been looking at your units in nifviewer and Max in order to develop my own skill.

It is interesting the way you made very low poly models and "painted" most of the detail on later. This is the classic graphic technique to get high performance together with rich detail. The textures are really nice!

Have you ever tried doing a military vehicle? I know they are more time consuming to skin in detail (more surface area details,etc.), but I would very much like to see how you would do it. That is, of course, if you are even interested in such.

Thank you for posting these great CivIV units!

I have been looking at your units in nifviewer and Max in order to develop my own skill.

It is interesting the way you made very low poly models and "painted" most of the detail on later. This is the classic graphic technique to get high performance together with rich detail. The textures are really nice!

Have you ever tried doing a military vehicle? I know they are more time consuming to skin in detail (more surface area details,etc.), but I would very much like to see how you would do it. That is, of course, if you are even interested in such.

Thank you for posting these great CivIV units!

well, i think a military vehicle would be even simpler ;) one can do it with very very few polygons and paint a lot of it into the texture. but as you said, i am not really interested in the standard stuff ;) so... perhaps there comes a mod like blood and iron again, which distracts me from my usual dark-fantasy style creations for FfH II. But i am not a fan of the "standard" mods out there.

Any results from your investigation ?

Top Bottom