WW2 Global Gold

so i cant find anywhere to download this from, has it been rehosted somewhere?

Damo13579, welcome at CFC. :band:[party]

At present neither SOE nor WW2 Global are available. Both scenarios need a rework and will come back approximately next year.

Hi all just wondering why I can't download ww2 global gold and when it will be available again. Seriously guys getting withdrawal symptoms here thanks

Hi all just wondering why I can't download ww2 global gold and when it will be available again. Seriously guys getting withdrawal symptoms here thanks

i feel the same , i have never tried Scenarios on civ 3 , more civ 5 , and ONLY ww2 Scenarios at that ! please if any body here creates these ww2 Scenarios please refer to
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16786[/URL]
needs japan and usa , far to many Scenarios missing these

Tim365, welcome at CFC! :band:[party]

You cannot download that mod at present because it is in an update phase. As stated in my post above, I hope I can focus on SOE and WW2 Global Gold in the second half of that year. At present the new version of my epic mod CCM version 2.00 has priority, as there are many things in that mod, that are needed for SOE and WW2 Global Gold, too.

i feel the same , i have never tried Scenarios on civ 3 , more civ 5 , and ONLY ww2 Scenarios at that ! please if any body here creates these ww2 Scenarios please refer to
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16786[/URL]
needs japan and usa , far to many Scenarios missing these

Hi dibsdrisc, Rocoteh, the original creator of WW2 Global, left CFC with an anger many years ago. His scenario WW2 Global and WW2 Global Gold (where Rocoteh gave me his permission that I can do that scenario) were hosted for many years at the former SOC site. When the SOC site closed, Marinecorps asked CFC, if they would host these scenarios, but he didn´t receive a positive reply. So these scenarios were transferred in an emergency transfer to CivForum.de.

Hi Civinator, this is Nicator again. Thanks again for your help - now everything works well. Now I am playing germany at Sid level and I picked the most aggressive mode in order to make my game interesting. It is now late 1942 and I conquered France, Spain, Switzerland, Poland, Denmark, NW part of USSR, some part of French Africa. I expect Russians, US and the Brits be more active/aggressive but I see no sign of any activity from the US - not even a hint on D day invasion. Checked the asian continent and revealed they havent attacked Japan at all. From my previous games with easier levels I remeber there we much moree activieties from all of my enemies. Pls advise if AI acts this way at the most difficult level. Thanks

Hi Civinator, this is Nicator again. Thanks again for your help - now everything works well. Now I am playing germany at Sid level and I picked the most aggressive mode in order to make my game interesting. It is now late 1942 and I conquered France, Spain, Switzerland, Poland, Denmark, NW part of USSR, some part of French Africa. I expect Russians, US and the Brits be more active/aggressive but I see no sign of any activity from the US - not even a hint on D day invasion. Checked the asian continent and revealed they havent attacked Japan at all. From my previous games with easier levels I remeber there we much moree activieties from all of my enemies. Pls advise if AI acts this way at the most difficult level. Thanks

Hi nicator, sorry for the delay in the reply.

here you can read in the original thread of WW2 Global (before Rocoteh decided to leave CFC) in over 430 pages of that thread, that the US and Russian KI in this scenario mostly are "sitting ducks". Firaxis in all versions of the Civ series had and has big problems in triggering massive amphibious assaults. That´s why in SOE I used "invisible" landbridges and impassable terrain, that becomes passable with a certain tech, to assure, that these invasions are launched. Ww2 Global and Ww2 Global Gold don´t have such a design yet.

Thank you so much Civinator! Pls can you explain the difference between the most aggressive mode and other modes. I chose this mode with expectation AI to be far more aggressive attacking from all fronts. But happens to be they are even less active from easier modes.... Thanks again.

Thank you so much Civinator! Pls can you explain the difference between the most aggressive mode and other modes. I chose this mode with expectation AI to be far more aggressive attacking from all fronts. But happens to be they are even less active from easier modes.... Thanks again.

This is what stands about agression in the CivEdit:

Aggression Level (Civilization Personality)
Determines how aggressive the selected civilization is toward other players. The higher the aggressiveness, the more apt to engage in military force and to go to war the civilization is.

As you posted, the reality, especially in scenarios, and here again especially for civs separated by big masses of water, is mostly different. There are some random factors in the programming, that sometimes make the agression work as it should, but mostly it doesn´t. The only way I found that the agression is working as it should, is to set the civs to war from start and give them landconnections to move their troops towards the other civ. This feature is missing in WW2 Global Gold.

Hello Civinator.
Only recently found this and am VERY interested in any information you have about how your update is going. Looking forward to being able to download and play WWII Global Gold.
Really appreciate your work and persistence getting this back to the public.
Thanks!

Hi Demo102, thank you very much for your kind words. :)
Here you can read the answer to your question,

Civinator, WOW thank you for the prompt response! ANd again thank you for your persistence on this. Amazing amount of work and dedication.
I await your completed efforts.
Blessings.

Civinator,
Followed instructions form your last post downloaded Ricoteh's WWII Global.big. Your instructions from your link in post 153 says copy fileS, more than one? nto the scenarios folder. Do you mean the Global download is multiple files or should there be more than just one download? I attempted to start the game and it stopped loading and I got the following error message:
Error reading file:
Missing entry in: Text\PediaIcons.txt*ANIMNAME_PRTO_sb2
Game will now exit Which id did......
WHat am I missing?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Civinator,
Followed instructions form your last post downloaded Ricoteh's WWII Global.big. Your instructions from your link in post 153 says copy fileS, more than one? nto the scenarios folder. Do you mean the Global download is multiple files or should there be more than just one download? I attempted to start the game and it stopped loading and I got the following error message:
Error reading file:
Missing entry in: Text\PediaIcons.txt*ANIMNAME_PRTO_sb2
Game will now exit Which id did......
WHat am I missing?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Same thanks to Civinator, and same problem...

I made a test-download and a test-start. There were some missing pediaicons files for units in that version, but the game started without any problems, as these missing icons are automatically replaced by the units_32 graphics. Even the Russian SB 2 Bomber is in the units folder and clicking on that unit in the civilopedia doesn´t lead to a crash.

For installing the scenario:

You unzip the complete download into the scenarios folder of C3C. Now in that scenario folder you have the folder WW2-Global.

The folder WW2-Global contains the folders:
-Art
-Text

and (beside a text file) the files:

-WW2-Global 2.4
-WW2-Global 2.5
-WW2-Global 2.6-orig

These last 3 files are biq-files that are needed to start the scenario. For starting the scenario the biq-file must be placed outside the WW2-Global folder in the scenario folder of C3C.

Copy the WW2-Global 2.6-orig-file (the newest of the biqs attached) into the C3C scenario folder, but outside the WW2-Global folder. You will see here some other biq-files that are needed to start other scenarios.

Now start C3C, search in the scenarios WW2-Global 2.6-orig and start the scenario.
As posted above, I had no problems in starting it.

I made a test-download and a test-start. There were some missing pediaicons files for units in that version, but the game started without any problems, as these missing icons are automatically replaced by the units_32 graphics. Even the Russian SB 2 Bomber is in the units folder and clicking on that unit in the civilopedia doesn´t lead to a crash.

For installing the scenario:

You unzip the complete download into the scenarios folder of C3C. Now in that scenario folder you have the folder WW2-Global.

The folder WW2-Global contains the folders:
-Art
-Text

and (beside a text file) the files:

-WW2-Global 2.4
-WW2-Global 2.5
-WW2-Global 2.6-orig

These last 3 files are biq-files that are needed to start the scenario. For starting the scenario the biq-file must be placed outside the WW2-Global folder in the scenario folder of C3C.

Copy the WW2-Global 2.6-orig-file (the newest of the biqs attached) into the C3C scenario folder, but outside the WW2-Global folder. You will see here some other biq-files that are needed to start other scenarios.

Now start C3C, search in the scenarios WW2-Global 2.6-orig and start the scenario.
As posted above, I had no problems in starting it.

Civinator,

Thank you so much for this! In reviewing your instructions and checking my files, I realize I installed the WWII-Global fles in the C3C Conquests/scenarios folder not the C3C scenario folder. Stupid mistake on my part. I will move things. Files moved and game loads. LOOKS Awesome! Looking forward to spending some time with this until.....
Again many thanks and appreciation for your continued work on the Gold edition.
Many blessings on you.

Civinator,

I haven't read the whole WWII-Global thread yet, but I am wondering, the Civipedia is very incomplete. In the first post of the WWII global thread Recoteh includes links for improved Civilopedias. Are they worth downloading? and if so, where to install them.
Very immersive scenario as it is.
Thank you for everything.

Civinator,

I haven't read the whole WWII-Global thread yet, but I am wondering, the Civipedia is very incomplete. In the first post of the WWII global thread Recoteh includes links for improved Civilopedias. Are they worth downloading? and if so, where to install them.
Very immersive scenario as it is.
Thank you for everything.

Great that it is now working for you. :) You can find that civilopedia here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=6526059&postcount=7960

Simply replace the civilopedia text-file in the text-folder of that scenario with the new one.

Top Bottom