WW2-Global

Great news!!!
I'm really looking forward on this,
I was just asking about further developments because i really love this scenario!

So i hope i haven't offended you.

Once again: Great news ;)

Great to hear from you Rocoteh! I tried to make that clear as to what you said on the post that it is strictly an unofficial fan-created graphics update... I will make sure I put it in bold, and large and clear that it is my own graphics update, and that you have not handed it over to anyone. I should have done so initially (it is mentioned, but apparently not clearly enough), I didn't think too much about it though.

"Last Reflections" - sorry, but that gave me a laugh.

Tom

"Last Reflections" - sorry, but that gave me a laugh.

:lol: Me too. For whatever its worth it was clear to me that this is still an ongoing project at SOC and that Tom was merely releasing a gfx update.

Hi all,

My pc crashed, and i will restart my playtests as Germany.
I'm not that great a player with them, but i will try some new strategic plays if my computer holds it.

The new reich comming up!!!

As expected the invasion of Poland was done in 2 weeks, and without any losses.
We used our airforce to weaken the defences of the Polish, they tried to invade Germany for a counter-attack, but they didn't get far...

After these small gains i redirected almost all the city's to construct tanks, infantry and airplanes. I want to really get this blitzkrieg started!!

I have already deployed a small force in Belgium, and will be focused on the Lowlands for now. The question i have is: should i already invade Russia, and steal as much as possible this soon in the game????
I can easy deal with the small attacks from the French/Belgians/Netherlands/... so a defencive strategy can be kept in the west...

I haven't decided yet, but will have to strike soon. I will leave the smaller countries as Yougoslavia and Greece for now, i will focus on the real problems i will face in the future!!!

@The Loser, you should probably wait on Russia. It takes them awhile to get any decent units so it would be best to absorb France, Belgium, Greece, Netherlands, and possibly Turkey before you attack Russia. I waited on attacking Russia on my last game as Germany and didn't have any problems finishing them off. I remember Japan kept on declaring war every once in awhile on Russia and it was best that I just let Russia try and attack me while I was finishing off France. Pummel them with bombers and finish them off with tanks when they invade this will wither them down. So, I am betting there is a 50/50 chance that Japan will declare war on Russia.

Well, I am on turn 50 now with Finland. I have focused on building scientific and production buildings (with some cultural buildings). Mainly just building my cities up to have most if not all improvements. I traded with Germany for coal so I can build tanks. However, only my capital can build them in a decent amount of time (about 7 turns). I took Hammerfest (lost 2 of my Light Infantry Divisions and a few regular infantry division) with my short war with Norway and the Germans took Copenhagen. I declared war on Turkey and Spain and to see if they will attack it. I want Germany to declare war on them so they gain more territory. Tirana was taken from the Italians but Germany quickly took it back. Cagliari (Island next to Italy) was taken by British from the Italians. Italy has lost all cities except two cities on the south east of Africa (Addis Abeda and Caluula) which they will probably lose soon. Japan is doing decent but not as good if I was in control of them. Thankfully with the no raze patch with the unofficial 2.7 version they are forced to keep the Communist-China cities they usually raze. Tech research is going very slow for me (40 turns still for each tech) I have the first tech Land/Air 1940 researched and now working on Sea 1940. Here are some screenshots of the Axis powers on turn 50.

EDIT: I am not sure how to reduce my screenshot size. It is too big. I tried cropping and resizing but that doesn't seem to work. How do I get it to show smaller or as a thumbnail from photobucket?

The game started after annexing the Polish.

I have decided to attack the Lowlands, France, Yougoslavia and Belgium first.
Starting with the Lowlands, and a small force (the main troops are being held by the Russian borders to defend/attack if needed)

It took me 3 turns to annex them without all the bombers and units from the eastern borders.

But i will remain cautious with the red enemy!!!

With the annexation of the lowlands the war for the channel started. I used my submarines to engage the British battleships. I have killed 7 units with my submarines, losing 3/4 of my submarines.

After the Lowlands, the Belgians had a better defence, but i took them in 2 turns with my new units being produced every turn. (+/- 3 pantzers per turn)

During this period the Japanese have been fairly active with island hopping as normal. But also the Italians have made a move!!! The normally lazy Italians have taken Corsica!!!

I expect them to lose it + sicily very soon to the British and Americans.

But my Pantzers keep on pushing with a real blitzkrieg! We started the invasion of France, and haven't had a single problem so far.

Paris is comming up next turn!!! With our big invasion force (thanks to the mass producing city's of Germany) they will not stand a chance!!!

I do plan to construct more airplanes and artillery, i always forget them :p

In the same turns i planned + invaded Yougoslavia (took it in 1 turn)
The idea is to have some ships to aid Italy + to kill as many small nations to reduce my pc time :D I'm very optimistic, but waiting 30 min for the next turn sucks. Guess this will only increase...

Here are some pics from the boring fights against yougoslavia. (i used only eastern-european troops + 1 tank + 1 artillery + some airplanes, and lost 1 infantry)

As i will reach 1940 in a few turns, i will plan for a new front to open.
First of all Greece is a target (don't know if i will take Kreta) and the war with Russia must come closer! I have doubts about attacking Norway.

Almost forgot to mention: In the 1st turn i made a UBER-NOOB mistake, i took all my units from the Norwegian territories, destroying my safe-haven for my ships :s

Guess they have to die for this ;)

Next turns will come soon!!!!

Lets hope!!!

I can also tell they have done more that that!!!
In the next update more about that ;)

Well the German Empire has started the new year with strenght, hope and glory!!

After invading Yougoslavia, our eastern-european troops headed south to Greece. With a little aid from some pantzers + airplanes the campaign should be easy.

The French campaign went like a real Blitzkrieg. Some of our navy aided our troops with engaging the French + US + British navy.

This cleared the way for our groundforces to take Paris, wich they did without loosing any troops. It was said that the leading general however ghot a papercut while studying the battleplans, don't know if that counts as a casualty...

From there on Brest and Bordeaux would be easy catches.

We did however loose troops in the attack for Marseilles. Some 5 Pantzer regiments were lost! This all has to do with the desire to capture it as soon as possible! We need the harbor to aid our Italian friends!

While i was positively surprised by the Italian aid on the French battles, they had an other surprise for me....

The Greece attacks went VERY EASY without any loss (except 1 rushed and sacrified transport). While our airplanes gave cover, our troops marched south and the pantzers took Athens.

*missing img*

This gives us an other harbour in the south!!!

I asked myself the question: should i invade Crete??? and it seems like a good diversion/base/aid for the Italians. After rushing a transport for 3 pantzers the victorie was ours!

While i was attacking i saw the Italian next surprising move. they have conquered Nicosia!!!! I have no idea when this happened, but the Italian dream is comming closer. I have aided them by giving some spare (new) luxuries, to add to the rescources i already gave them.

With France almost being under my controll i'll have to plan my next moves. I think i will leave Turkey, perhaps try to have a mutuall attack on Russia.
But Spain looks like an easy target that could aid me + the Italians to controll europe + north america....

Next update comming soon :goodjob:

@the loser, that sucks you have to wait 30 mins between turns. The time in between turns seem to take less time when playing with Germany than when I was Finland. I would go for Spain first before Russia. Right when you are about to finish off Spain then declare war on Russia.

I gave up on Finland Sid difficulty because Russia is too strong for me and they sent a ton of tanks. I started a Sid difficulty game as Germany (I think the last time I played Germany it was v1.5 and on the second hardest difficulty). I could try and finish my Japan Sid game but going to put that on hold for a little and enjoy this German game. I am making good progress with Germany so far. Lost some units (Panzer 2's, Infantry, etc.) but already took Paris and working on taking rest of France. Right now it is Turn 8 for me.

You already are ahead of me then.
I took Paris in 1940.
But i always take it easy in the beginning + i use a lot of defence near the russian borders.

Spain seems like a easy target, and i also have acces to Africa right now, so i'll think about that the next few turns!

It is btw not really 30 min, i watched my clock, and it is +/- 18 min now. :p

The Loser,

Thank you for the reports.

On waiting time between turns in WW2-Global:

Its said to be down to 2-3 minutes on new computers.

Rocoteh

Yes,

I play on an older laptop, with a portable hard drive.

But it's better then no pc ;)

I have recovered from severe health-problems.

Just wanted you to know that I regard WW2-Global as a scenario that
is still alive.

Thus I would not rule out a new version although no target
date have been set.

Rocoteh

glad ur better,

r u considering a BTS 3.19 version?

is the newest place to get this civ3 scenario on the first post of this thread?

I am also glad to hear you are feeling better Rocoteh. Sinatra is right, you sometimes take it for granted when you have good health, but it is miserable to be sick.:(

I am glad to see you still consider it a work in progress, I have enjoyed many of your scenarios but this was the first one I tried so I am very fond of it. Never managed to finish one though.:p They ARE huge, aren't they? If I had a newer computer I might actually be able to do it, but mine is at least 7 years old. I catch up on my reading between turns! :lol:

I have played with this scenario a lot, little what if positions and mostof the minor nations. They do OK untul the later tech things show up, then they die. Some of the larger nations like Japan France & Italy do as well as they don't have a defender like the Matilda, Panzergrenadier, or KV-1. Though you can have fun for a long time. :mischief:

I lost all my older version things when I had to reset my hard drive after a nasty bug got into everything. Using 2.6 now. What sort of change have you considered for the future? I still think the Japanese air units are in need of work, their roles for the later tech units are not well defined, plus some of the later units are worse then the earlier versions. Plus with the tech situation what it is, I have been in 1941 and still not had zeros, I've considered making that one available from the start since I think they had that plane by then, and with the spaces the Japanese need to cover that plane would help a lot. It would be like the Pz IIIe that way, buildable at the start but none of them on the board yet.

I have yet to play Japan with those new VP markers and cities back out in the Pacific, it would be intersting to see reports on that.

Top Bottom