WW2-Global

A question for The Loser and/or Rocoteh: What graphics terrain set are being displayed in those screenshots on the previous page? I notice mine don't look like that, and those sea defense units off the U.K. look differently to mine as well. I like the way that looks, so I would like to get a hold of them if possible.

I am also glad to hear you are feeling better Rocoteh. Sinatra is right, you sometimes take it for granted when you have good health, but it is miserable to be sick.:(

I am glad to see you still consider it a work in progress, I have enjoyed many of your scenarios but this was the first one I tried so I am very fond of it. Never managed to finish one though.:p They ARE huge, aren't they? If I had a newer computer I might actually be able to do it, but mine is at least 7 years old. I catch up on my reading between turns! :lol:

I have played with this scenario a lot, little what if positions and mostof the minor nations. They do OK untul the later tech things show up, then they die. Some of the larger nations like Japan France & Italy do as well as they don't have a defender like the Matilda, Panzergrenadier, or KV-1. Though you can have fun for a long time. :mischief:

I lost all my older version things when I had to reset my hard drive after a nasty bug got into everything. Using 2.6 now. What sort of change have you considered for the future? I still think the Japanese air units are in need of work, their roles for the later tech units are not well defined, plus some of the later units are worse then the earlier versions. Plus with the tech situation what it is, I have been in 1941 and still not had zeros, I've considered making that one available from the start since I think they had that plane by then, and with the spaces the Japanese need to cover that plane would help a lot. It would be like the Pz IIIe that way, buildable at the start but none of them on the board yet.

I have yet to play Japan with those new VP markers and cities back out in the Pacific, it would be intersting to see reports on that.

Thank you.

I have only made one decision with regard to version 2.7 and that is
that there will be one version without rail and a b-version with rail.

Rocoteh

A question for The Loser and/or Rocoteh: What graphics terrain set are being displayed in those screenshots on the previous page? I notice mine don't look like that, and those sea defense units off the U.K. look differently to mine as well. I like the way that looks, so I would like to get a hold of them if possible.

I guess its the graphics tom2050 used in his version.

Rocoteh

I have recovered from severe health-problems.

Just wanted you to know that I regard WW2-Global as a scenario that
is still alive.

Thus I would not rule out a new version although no target
date have been set.

Rocoteh
this is the best news i've heard in quite a while! welcome back Rocoteh! it's great to hear you're feeling better and that a new version of WW2 Global is being planned. Outstanding!

Thank you.

I have only made one decision with regard to version 2.7 and that is
that there will be one version without rail and a b-version with rail.

Rocoteh

Regarding this: After playing this scenario a lot, I have come to like the road movement of 6 represting rails, and if anything I would like to see the expensive rail unit removed entirely. The move rate of 6 does sort of artificially represent the fact that there is only so much rail capacity, so you can't go from Paris to Vladivostok in a week. It does make you compromise when it comes to units like mountain troops, who you would like to give all terain as roads, but that is a minor loss.

Could you also consider putting a couple immobile infantry units on those two passes in northern Spain, instead of the two infantry units? The Spanish move them, and then the Germans waste a huge number of tanks trying to take Gibralter by using their right of passage agreement. A couple of garrison units would stop that cold, at least the wheeled units.

this is the best news i've heard in quite a while! welcome back Rocoteh! it's great to hear you're feeling better and that a new version of WW2 Global is being planned. Outstanding!

El Justo,

Thank you.
Its great to be back again.

I am really glad to see that your high-quality scenarios
still are alive.
Without them Civ 3 probably had faded away.
I still hope that the source-code will be released some day.

Rocoteh

Regarding this: After playing this scenario a lot, I have come to like the road movement of 6 represting rails, and if anything I would like to see the expensive rail unit removed entirely. The move rate of 6 does sort of artificially represent the fact that there is only so much rail capacity, so you can't go from Paris to Vladivostok in a week. It does make you compromise when it comes to units like mountain troops, who you would like to give all terain as roads, but that is a minor loss.

Could you also consider putting a couple immobile infantry units on those two passes in northern Spain, instead of the two infantry units? The Spanish move them, and then the Germans waste a huge number of tanks trying to take Gibralter by using their right of passage agreement. A couple of garrison units would stop that cold, at least the wheeled units.

I think its 50/50 pro/con rail among players of the scenario.

On the garrison-units:
It sounds like a good idea.

Rocoteh

Glad to hear you feeling better. This is my all time favorite mod. I have played this mod for years. Looking forward to seeing what you'll be doing next.

Thank you.
I am glad to hear that.

I will make some playtesting of the current version the next weeks looking for new
ideas. Will also check old playtests-reports in this thread.

Rocoteh

Can you still get this?

How about a Vichy France and occupied India?
Also maybe focus on how the war starts rather than how the AI plays it out, cuase if we all know the Allies will win, there isn't much point in playing. :crazyeye:

People have won the game as the axis even on Sid difficulty. Just go through this thread and you can find some fo the reports.

Rocoteh has already hadto change a lot of things for balance purposes, and the way the game system is set up you cannot get the Axis minor partners to join in the proper order so things had to be handled the way they are. In the earliest versions Bulgaria,Hungary, and Romania were independant for example.

The best way to have a Vichy France might be to alter the Marseille wonder to auto-produce something only for the Germans, but that is up to Rocoteh if he thinks it is necessary. Indian occupation?? What are you referring to Colden? There are already Indian army troops produced there.

They are suggestions and I may have missed the last versions or forgotten as it has been a couple years. Some may also be gripes about the current civ 4 ww2 senario I've been playing. Don't get me wrong though, I am a fan of Rocoteh's work. I'm just pointing out some things that are typical problems for the Axis that shouldn't be. The biggest being the French fleet and her northwest African teritories. Then India, who became independant with Axis flavor but that didn't happen til 43'. It's still nice to not have the UK building up her cities and using all her resources.

I'd like to see all the historical rail lines in and I think limiting the movement to 6 is a fine idea. Isn't the real problem having too many workers building new rail durring play?
New rail isn't nessisarily bad but perhaps unrealistic numbers of workers. Many senarios have Russia ending up with more workers than infantry (exagerating for the point), while the Axis starts with next to none. Maybe reviewing start work forces and making them harder to build would help and at the same time making capture and stratiegic bombing realy important.

I'm going to reinstal and play this again, I realy miss the scale of civ 3 and ww2-global!

Can someone show me a link to that graphics pack then? Is it still available?

@Colden: my experience with this scenario was that the Axis AI was usually hard pressed, and so never built many workers, except to put up those radar stations, they do seem to be able to find workers for THAT.:p Oddly enough, I rarely use those myself, I can't spare the workers. Whenever I play Germany or Italy I am always sending in workers to "help" the other partner with their resources and pollution cleanup. Pollution can be terrible in this scenario, and the AI is not good at cleaning it up. I have shown up outside of Marseilles as the Germans, to find all the terrain next to the city covered in the gunk.:eek:

Have any of you seen the AI actually build a RR construction unit? I don't think I have even seen one, though I don't usually play late into the game. The end of 1941 is when I usually end up stopping the scenario. I really should finish one of these games sometime.:lol:

I have the same problem, finnishing a game is rather hard.
When i see that i'll win a game, i usually stop and start a new one :p

About the grafics pack, you'll have to look at topic tom2050 made for his ww2 version.

As far as i remember, he had some good idea's so i suggest you to take a look at it for the next possible version, Rocoteh!

Top Bottom