Xtended 3.5 for Alpha 5

Just a quick question. Play with extended 3.5 and notices that the combat promotion line goes 10-20-30, then the combat promotion 4 and 5 are both just 10 again. Am I missing something here as the used to be 40 and 50 respectively.

i doubt they ever were 40, 50.
they are both 10 because they are competing with other promotions on leveling up. giving them 40/50 would make them nobrainers. the 10-20-30 don't compete with other promotions though so there it is fine.

i doubt they ever were 40, 50.
they are both 10 because they are competing with other promotions on leveling up. giving them 40/50 would make them nobrainers. the 10-20-30 don't compete with other promotions though so there it is fine.

Could be true, however I was going from memory. What I am pretty sure about is that taking a promotion never decreased your stats (which now seems the case)

Edit: Sorry, another question. On the nobility tech page, arfter you have one of the first lines of techs, can't you just choose another one in that line if you have emough global culture? I have, and it is not allowing me to pick one. Am I doing something wrong here?

never decreased your stats
afiak they stack, i.e. 10-20-30 is 60 overall.

Edit: Sorry, another question. On the nobility tech page, arfter you have one of the first lines of techs, can't you just choose another one in that line if you have emough global culture? I have, and it is not allowing me to pick one. Am I doing something wrong here?
afaik you need a certain threshold of gobal culture before you are asked to start one line. i don't know the threshold and my svn version it could be different from yours but it ussually is ~3-4k. it is a bit arcane to be honest.

afiak they stack, i.e. 10-20-30 is 60 overall.

afaik you need a certain threshold of gobal culture before you are asked to start one line. i don't know the threshold and my svn version it could be different from yours but it ussually is ~3-4k. it is a bit arcane to be honest.

1. If you mouse over combat 3, it says 30% increase. If you mouse over combat 4, it says 10%. Not sure about the stacking, will check in game.

2. Not my experience. If you read the txt description in some of the standard tech tabs, some of them state "ra rar ra, can chose a guild tech". Now, upon completion of said tech you do get to choose a guild tech. Each of the first lines of the guild techs are redded out and need the above event to get them. However, after you do have the first one, the rest of the line becomes available, with an associated global culture cost (no longer redded out). But, still, in my game they were not 'purchasable'.

Perhaps (I will test in my game) they still need an event tech, and in addition, they have a global culture cost.....? the redded out/not redded out here confused me a bit.

1.) the promotions are not replaced but stacked on top of each other and only the latest one is displayed

2.) i thought you might had problems getting the first tech in a line. seems to be bugged then.

1.) the promotions are not replaced but stacked on top of each other and only the latest one is displayed

2.) i thought you might had problems getting the first tech in a line. seems to be bugged then.

Even though the combat 4 shows 10%, you were right, it does indeed stack. Also, the guild techs were working, you just have to get the right spot on the tech tab, as for whatever reason you can't just select anywhere like you can with normal tech, so thankyou for all your help.

Sorry to have to ask more questions, but I just got the tech leather ..... (forget name) which says that a few pieces of equipment become available. Now the leather armour is now selectable, but the ironwood staff +2 strength for arcane units is not available (although the guild tech says it should be-I have got the 350 wood for it) I am just wondering, because the mod is still in the alpha stage is this just an oversight or have a missed something?

Edit: Also, I noticed that the affinities seem a bit screwed up. After I got a dire tiger, I checked and it had a +2 affinity for nature mana. While it gets +2 for one, it does not get +2 for the second nature mana. Similarly (tested with world builder) ice elemental with a +2 ice affinity gets no bonus, regardless of how many ice nodes were placed. Lastly, mist forms with a +2 dimensional affinity get the correct bonus for each additional mana node. All three of these examples had a different outcome, where as all of them should have been the same (they were all affinities, not aptitudes). Any ideas?

did you actually connect the mana nodes? just having them in your territory is not enough, you need to build roads.

i never heard of the staff must be an extended thing.

1. Indeed. Mana definitely connected, and showing up mana list on the side of the page.

2. Yes was trying to use it on my farie adepts.

I included a save game. (the multiple mana thing won't be evident as I used world builder to test, but the +2 nature mana tiger affinity can be seen not working correctly)

Attachments

• CrownUser AD-1248.7z
    812.1 KB · Views: 56
I think I must be doing something wrong, but I’m not sure where:

1) I install Master of Mana 1.3 into “Master of Mana” folder.
2) I install patch 1.42 into “Master of Mana” folder.
3) I install Alpha version 5 into “Master of Mana Beta” folder.
4) I install Xtended 3.5 for Alpha into “Master of Mana Beta” folder.

At this point, I can start Master of Mana from the desktop shortcut with no issues. However, I don’t think that the things from the Beta folder (essentially, Assets) are being read since there in a separate folder. Are they?

5) I copy the Assets folder from “Master of Mana Beta” folder into the “Master of Mana” folder.

Now, when I start up Master of Mana, I receive several XML errors (the game seems to play okay, though). I do not see a Guild Screen to check for the Healer’s Circle. Is that the Noble Houses of Erebus? If so, I don’t see anything populated.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Up to point 4 correct. Number 5 no.

Not sure if 5 will cause problem or not, best to reinstall 1.3-1.42 (points 1-2).

Your problem was that you where not launching from the right spot. Can't remember if the beta has its own launch exe. but just load up normal civ BTS, then go into advanced setting/load a mod. You should see both Master of manna, and master of mana beta as options.

the beta has it's own .exe.
further, normally, using the auto-install of the alpha version 5, there should be a question "do you want a desktop shortcut"... say yes.

to play with alpha : launch the executable in alpha (master of mana beta/assest/.../Master of Mana.exe

and I concure : step 5 is bad.

Thanks, really helpful. Looks like the issue was that I didn't enable the desktop shortcut checkbox, so I thought the shortcut for MOM was the same for Beta. :)

I also had to move over the .fpk files into the Beta folder for it to enable all the assets correctly.

Wow! I haven't played MoM for some time now, but coming back to this alpha and new version of Xtended is amazing. I'm quite impressed with all the new changes, especially the more filled-out religions, all the guild stuff, and the new incarnation of spell research. I'm excited to see how things continue to improve.

Does the AI actively pursue some kind of victory condition? Do they just try for a domination victory every time?

I seem to have everything installed properly (I can see the new guild), but the icons for MoM resources are missing and the text for tooltips is a garbled mess. Here's a screenshot. The text for pedia categories is pretty messed up, as well. Are these known problems for alpha/Xtended or have I done something wrong?

I've seen a couple mentions of a separate executable for MoM alpha, but I don't have one anywhere under the MoM or MoM Beta folders after installing MoM, 1.42, alpha V5, and Xtended. I'm running Xtended 3.5 from a shortcut to Civ4BeyondSword.exe like any other mod. Am I supposed to have a separate executable?

Also, does Xtended Final for 1.42 have a forum thread? I thought I'd try that instead, but I'm not sure how to install it. Do I extract it straight into the MoM folder, or make a copy of the folder first, or what?

Thanks

This version of Xtended is not compatible to the newest MoM Beta.

I will import Xtended to Beta after the Beta phase is settled a little bit (and my RealLife (tm) is settled a little bit too, maybe next month :) )

Top Bottom