Master of Mana Xtended - Download and Changelog

I haven't found good solution to this problem.
- If Peace removes Angelic Charm before killing Corlindale, that will defeat the purpose of the Charm.
- Forbidding Corlindale from using Angelic Charm can be done only by forbidding him using all gear.
Maybe let it be and just think that as one of abuses Elohim can do? Ultimate Peacemongering? :p I am open to suggestion here.

Is it possible to make peace usable only once per game ? That's the only solution i can think about :(

Any suggestion? I can give each Armageddon Rider a very powerful combat aura; like insta-death for units coming near, or diseased/plagued/withered for unit near, etc. But the downside of combat aura is, you can not resist them.

I like this idea of the combat auras. I think that dramatically increase their combat strenght and give them the hero promotion are also essential to make them really frightful. Imo, those riders should be so powerful, that can only be defeated by heroes.

The insta death aura would be nice for the last of the 4 riders.

aye, could set Corlindale's ability to be a '2nd' world spell .... I think that would allow for it to potentially be cast a total of two times after Birthright Regained.

maybe casting the spell could also give Corlindale an other Enchantment to replace Angelic Charm and make sure he really dies

Yep, i've been thinking about this and i came up with the following idea:

- Make peace a world spell. Having 2 world spells would be something unique for the Elohim as peacemongers, and would not be game breaking.
- To compensate the loss of the peace spell, give another spell to Corlindale. This spell could be something that costs a high amount of mana, takes several turns to be cast, can be used only in unique features, but that would reduce the armageddon count by a fair amount.

Due to those restrictions, the spell would not be spammable, you would need to keep Corlindale meditating in an unique feature (and thus not taking him to battle), and would be something lore-friendly and not game breaking.

aye, could set Corlindale's ability to be a '2nd' world spell .... I think that would allow for it to potentially be cast a total of two times after Birthright Regained.
Just tried this option. Unfortunately, making Peace as World Spell means casting it make Elohim unable to cast Sanctuary (and vice versa).

maybe casting the spell could also give Corlindale an other Enchantment to replace Angelic Charm and make sure he really dies
This is possible but defeat the purpose of Angelic Charm.

Maybe instead of sacrificing Corlindale, what if Peace require lots of mana? So, Corlindale exhausts all Elohim mana to cast Peace?

Re: Corlindale, Peace and Angelic Charm

Found a work around!
  • Casting Peace gives "Ambassador of Peace" promotion to Corlindale.
  • When he is killed because of Peace, Angelic Charm (or any form of immortality) will resurrect Corlindale with his promotions.
  • Bit of code in python prevents Corlindale from casting Peace if he has "Ambassador of Peace".
  • Case closed!
But while working on this, do you guys have any idea on what effect "Ambassador of Peace" should give to Corlindale? ATM, it is a dummy promotion, solely for preventing second casting of Peace. If you guys have any cool idea on what this promotion should do, please do share!

What I am thinking:
  • Units 1-tile or 2-tile around Corlindale will be Charmed (can not attack).
  • New spell for Corlindale to reduce AC, but this time requires 10 turns for casting the spell (and maybe cost a lot of mana as well).
  • ???

Heya, I downloaded and installed the mod Full setup>2.11>Rewrite assets, but when I try to open the mod I get a load of xml errors (closer to 1000 different errors) and the game crashes.

Heya, I downloaded and installed the mod Full setup>2.11>Rewrite assets, but when I try to open the mod I get a load of xml errors (closer to 1000 different errors) and the game crashes.
Hi, thanks for (wanting to) play the game!

Basic question: are you sure that you put the Assets folder from Xtended 5.1 inside your Master of Mana folder? Usually it's on C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Master of Mana (or maybe different if you installed the game in different drive).

Lots of xml errors usually come from inappropriate placing the file. Maybe you put the Assets folder from Xtended inside the Assets folder of MoM, instead replacing it?

Most definetly replaced it and the folder is right (thought for me it's through steam).
Just to make sure, can you check Master of Mana\Assets\Modules\NormalModules? See if there is a Xtended folder inside?

if you have and still having errors, I am at loss here.

Just to make sure, can you check Master of Mana\Assets\Modules\NormalModules? See if there is a Xtended folder inside?

if you have and still having errors, I am at loss here.

Will do tomorrow, going to make clean reinstall of the mod anyways

Will do tomorrow, going to make clean reinstall of the mod anyways
Yeah figured it out, it didn't install the full setup at all since it couldn't find the right folder but it still ran the process, had to fiddle a little with the install path but solved anyways

Yeah figured it out, it didn't install the full setup at all since it couldn't find the right folder but it still ran the process, had to fiddle a little with the install path but solved anyways
Glad to hear that! Have fun and looking forward to your opinion.

Re: Corlindale, Peace and Angelic Charm

Found a work around!
  • Casting Peace gives "Ambassador of Peace" promotion to Corlindale.
  • When he is killed because of Peace, Angelic Charm (or any form of immortality) will resurrect Corlindale with his promotions.
  • Bit of code in python prevents Corlindale from casting Peace if he has "Ambassador of Peace".
  • Case closed!
But while working on this, do you guys have any idea on what effect "Ambassador of Peace" should give to Corlindale? ATM, it is a dummy promotion, solely for preventing second casting of Peace. If you guys have any cool idea on what this promotion should do, please do share!

What I am thinking:
  • Units 1-tile or 2-tile around Corlindale will be Charmed (can not attack).
  • New spell for Corlindale to reduce AC, but this time requires 10 turns for casting the spell (and maybe cost a lot of mana as well).
  • ???

I liked this idea and the effects you proposed ! It fix the problem and also add a few nice things to Corlindade.

Now, If you don't mind, i'd like to report a few other things:

- I can't dispel confused promotion from my unitis, other dispellable effects seems to work just fine. (Yep, i had more than enough mana to dispel the confused effect, but the spell wasn't clickable).
- Judgement spell, the most powerful damaging spell of the life school does not have the increased chance to deliver critical damage. Is this intended or a bug ?
- When playing as Clan of Embers, i noticed the slaves captured from battles against the bannor had the orcish promotion. That's very minor, but i thought i should report this too.
- As Clan of Embers, i should be in peace with the barbarians, but they keep asking me for tribute or to give them some population as slaves. The other options aren't avaliable. I made sure i was still at peace with them before reporting this.
- Still, as Clan of Embers and in peace with the barbarians, i can move my units to their lairs and explore them, even with barbarian units defending the tile.

That's all so far :D
I hope you don't hate me for reporting all these things :p

- I can't dispel confused promotion from my unitis, other dispellable effects seems to work just fine. (Yep, i had more than enough mana to dispel the confused effect, but the spell wasn't clickable).
This is weird. Code-wise, there is nothing wrong with Confused.
Edit: just tested and Dispel magic works on Confused.

Judgement spell
Bug, is fixed.

As Clan of Embers
Good catch. I'll remove default race Orc from Clan. Just need to add "Orc" to all Clan's orcish units :p
Edit: removing Orc as default race to the Clan leads to them having human Settlers, workers and slaves. So, I'll leave this for now.

Still, as Clan of Embers and in peace with the barbarians, i can move my units to their lairs and explore them, even with barbarian units defending the tile.
I think this is intended. At least, the code says so...

I hope you don't hate me for reporting all these things :p
No, not at all! I am happy that someone is playing Xtended :p

Last edited:
This is weird. Code-wise, there is nothing wrong with Confused.
Edit: just tested and Dispel magic works on Confused.

I've done some tests via world build, and i found out that the problem is more complex than i thought. Some other effects that should be dispellable, like enflamed and cursed, are not allowing the use of dispel magic (just like the confused effect). But that's only when they are the only negative dispellable effect on the target. If the target has, for example, Enflamed and meserized, or confused and charmed, the dispell will work and dispel both effects. But that's because the dispel on the charmed and mesmerized effect is working just fine.

Some effects are allowing the use of the dispel magic spell, but actually, they are not being removed, like the defiled and withered effects.

i found out that the problem is more complex than i thought
Found the bugs! Long story short, several promotions which failed to trigger Dispel Magic (like Enflamed) lacked iAIWeight. Fixed these bugs. Thanks!

Re: Withered and Dispel Magic
Withered is not dispellable. It is the main effect of high level Death Magic (Withering Hex, Wraith...) so allowing it to be dispellable will weaken Death magic.

Found the bugs! Long story short, several promotions which failed to trigger Dispel Magic (like Enflamed) lacked iAIWeight. Fixed these bugs. Thanks!

Re: Withered and Dispel Magic
Withered is not dispellable. It is the main effect of high level Death Magic (Withering Hex, Wraith...) so allowing it to be dispellable will weaken Death magic.

That's great news !! It's me who should thank you for your commitment and dedication with this mod ! :)

Found a city with hundreds of 15 strength ogres at a time when my strongest unit is 11 strength.

Guess this is a common bug.

Not a huge problem for a player - we can destroy them in world builder, but what about the AI...

Bug : Barbarians still ask you population as slave when you are barbarian :

- They ask you it, via pop-up. You cannot decline, you can only sell your population. ^^

Top Bottom