Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod

Gaurav

Prince
Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod v. 1.2.2

Requires Civ4 version 1.61 This is not compatible with Warlords. For anyone unfamiliar, unaltered gameplay means none of the gameplay rules have been changed from the original game. Almost any of the included mod components can be disabled using the provided RuffMod.ini configuration file. This mod is currently 100% SDK free. It is 100% savegame compatible with vanilla 1.61 and other versions of this mod if it is installed in the CustomAssets folder. If it is installed in the MODS folder, it is compatible with 'Lock Modified Assets' (no cheating) and generally works with multiplayer.

This mod contains the following:

* These mods cannot be disabled via the RuffMod.ini file in this version. However, separate disabling instructions are now included.

** These mods are not enabled by default in this version. You can enable them by editing the RuffMod.ini file.

The version numbers shown above are the ones in my mod. They may be shown as being part of another mod, however that mod may contain an older version. For example, Ruff's mod 1.2.0 has version 0.95 of the Exotic Foreign Advisor, but I have updated it to 0.96.

I would like to thank all of the people cited above for their hard work I've taken. I'd also like to thank Alerum for the Alerum's Unaltered Game Play which gave me the inspiration to make this mod. Even more so, I need to thank Vorgen and Patrick Dockens for successful bug hunting. Although not mentioned above, this mod also includes code written by Caesium, Mexico, Gerikes, and many other people. I'd also like to thank Caesium, Gerikes, and Jeckel for their help with multiplayer compatibility. (See thread)

Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod v. 1.2.2 (Filefront)

If you would like to download just the readme file: View attachment Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod Readme.zip

Please let me know if any of the above cites are incorrect. Feedback is welcome. Especially bug reports.

Spoiler Version History :

----- Version 1.2.2 -----
  • Added Snaitf's Show Attitude Mod as backup for anyone having problems with Porges' Attitude Icons
  • Updated TechWindow to version 1.g
  • Updated Dr. Elmer Jiggle's python library to version 1.4
  • Merged back in HOF Mod with Modified Special Domestic Advisor 1.8e. This is once again the default domestic advisor.
  • Fixed: GreatPersonMod popup now shows up at the right time, i.e. after the other splash screens but before the popups when your turn starts. Even on multiplayer.
  • Reminder Mod can now be disabled separately.
  • Many bug fixes to improve multiplayer compatibility. There are still a few issues, but it is generally playable.
  • Many bug fixes to make python reloading less buggy. There are still plenty of glitches, but at least it is possible to make changes to python while running the game without endless python exceptions.
  • Several bug fixes for PlotListEnhancements, contributed by Mexico and Sevo.
  • Many more bug fixes I forget...

----- Version 1.2.1 -----
  • Updated Ruff's Cobbled SG Mods to 1.2.0b
    • Added battle odds to Autolog
  • Added Era Pictures by Frenchman
  • Added Show turns to complete culture level and great person in city view by Chinese American
  • Made it possible to test some of the path routines using the python interpreter from outside Civ4.
  • Updates to Not Just Another Game Clock Mod
    • Not Just Another Game Clock Mod can now be disabled properly.
    • Not Just Another Game Clock Mod Config.ini is now consolidated into RuffMod.ini
  • Updates to Ruff's Combined Unit Naming Mod
    • Now defaults to method 2 (Civilization dependent random names) if RuffMod.ini is not found.
    • Fix to make method 3 (Warrior 1 type names) work again.
    • Some additional fixes.
  • Documentation updates

----- Version 1.2.0 -----
  • Updated Not Just Another Game Clock Mod by TheLopez to 0.3.2, also:
    • Fixed division by zero python exception if time victory not set (reported by Mexico)
    • Alternating Clock should now work!
  • Updated Autolog with text changes by Bede, can disable.
  • Updated RandomNameUtils.py by TheLopez to 0.5.2
  • Updated Sevopedia with latest version of Progor's fixes.
  • Added Customizable Domestic Advisor 0.93 (Flavorful version) by Taelis
    • You now have a choice of the best two Domestic Advisors!
    • Included Cammagno's 30 Pages Customization config file
  • Added Enhanced Military Advisor by TheLopez/Supreme Overlord
  • Added UN Real Resolutions by Rufus T. Firefly
  • Made it possible to disable:
    • GreatPersonMod
    • Sevo Raw Commerce Display
    • Attitude Icons
    • Sevopedia
  • Fixed: If RuffMod.ini or other config files not found, most mods will now default to their defaults rather than be disabled.
    • Exception: Autolog will be disabled.
  • Fixed conflict between unit naming mod and GreatPersonMod (No one reported this - the unit naming mod was renaming Great People!)
  • Fixed: Delayed GreatPersonMod Popup from onGreatPersonBorn until 'end of end of turn'. Probably should be even later.
  • Fixed: If there is a config file both in MODS and in user folder, user folder version should be used.
  • Fixed more Path bugs...

----- 1.1.0 -----
  • Updated Ruff's Cobbled SG Modpack to 1.2.0
  • Updated Sevopedia with Progor's fixes.
  • Added Sevo Ancient Era Music (Changed two of the selections.)
  • Added Extended Color Table 1.1 by SimCutie
  • Made it possible to disable Hide Dead Teams by Porges
  • Made autolog automatically log again. Disabling autolog on game start/load is a now a config file option. Avid SGers will probably want to use these.
  • Made unit renaming work with units not built, like the initial settler and warrior/scout.
  • Fixed issue in CvPediaUnit.py with air units, where the text flows beyond box it should be in.
  • Some fixes for path issues
  • See also Ruff's version changes in his readme pdf file.

----- 1.1.0 -----
  • Original Version

Spoiler Installation Instructions :

• MODS/Assets Installation
    Compatible with "Lock Modified Assets" (No Cheating) and with multiplayer.​
    1. Extract the zip archive to a temporary directory.
    2. Copy the folder named "Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod" to the MODS folder in your game installation folder. This is usually at C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods. Make sure you install to a clean folder, not over any previous version of this mod.
    3. If you change the name of this folder, please change the contents of the file CvModName.py in Assets/python to indicate the new name.
    4. If any users in your computer who play Civ4 are not Administrators, make sure you give them write access to all of the files outside of the Assets directory. These are configuration files, and some of them are written to by the mod during gameplay. You will eventually want to edit them yourself.
    5. If you have multiple users on your computer, you can move these files to your user folder. Your user folder is usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4.
    6. Start Civ4. Go to Advanced - Options - Load a Mod. Select "Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod". The game will restart with this mod loaded.
    7. If you want this mod to run by default, go to your user folder. Edit the Civilization4.ini file. Find the line that says "Mod = ". Change this to "Mod = Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod".

• CustomAssets Installation
    Compatible with existing savegames created without any mods, and savegames created this way can be used without the mod.​
    1. Extract the zip archive to a temporary directory.
    2. Copy all the files in the "Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod"/Assets directory to your CustomAssets directory in your user folder. This is usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\CustomAssets. Make sure this directory is empty. Do not overwrite any previous mod you have installed.
    3. The files located in the "Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod" directory but just outside the Assets directory are configuration files. These should be copied just outside your CustomAssets directory, i.e. in your user folder.
    4. Delete your Civ4 cache. This is usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache. Delete all of the contents of this directory.
    5. When you start Civ4, the mod will be automatically loaded, and there will be no indication that you are using this mod.
Installation to the MODS directory of the user directory is not supported at this time due to some remaining bugs in Civilization 4.

Please report any problems with installation, especially path bugs. I would like to make this as flexible and as foolproof as possible, despite everything.

For more information and help with installing mods, see the thread at http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=138043.

Spoiler Disabling Instructions :

For this version, the following mods have visible features and cannot be disabled via the ini file. However, by following these instructions you can in fact disable these mods. Make sure when you are done, you empty your Civ4 cache. You can do this by deleting the contents of your cache directory, usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Application Data\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\cache.
  • UN Resolutions With Real Names
    1. Rename Assets\xml\text\CIV4GameTextInfos.xml to CIV4GameTextInfos.xml.bak
  • Actual Quotes Diplomacy Text
    1. Rename Assets\xml\text\CIV4DiplomacyText.xml to CIV4DiplomacyText.xml.bak
    2. Rename Assets\xml\gameinfo\CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml to CIV4DiplomacyInfos.xml.bak
  • Ancient Era Music
    1. Rename Assets\xml\gameinfo\CIV4EraInfos.xml to CIV4EraInfos.xml.bak
    2. Rename Assets\xml\audio\Audio2DScripts.xml to Audio2DScripts.xml.bak
    3. Rename Assets\xml\audio\AudioDefines.xml to AudioDefines.xml.bak

Spoiler Keyboard Shortcuts :

Press [ALT-L] to enable/disable Autolog.
Press [ALT-B] to dump the battle statistics to the Autolog.
Press [ALT-M] to use the Reminder feature.
Press [ALT-J] to bring up some kind of future feature Ruff is developing.

Nice to see other unaltered gameplay mods popping up after alerum stopped working on his. I'll definitely try it when I want to play some 'standard' games again (now playing FfH).

I know you just posted this, but why did you use HOF 1.61.001 and not HOF 1.61.003?

Nearly all of the changes between 1.61.001 and 1.61.003 were in the dll. Since you're not using that anyway those changes are pretty irrelevant!

ruff_hi said:
The logger does NOT start on game start. You have to start the logger yourself using ALT-L. It will then display a dialog box (see below for dialog box using the default logging name). If you hit cancel, the game will not be logged and no logging actions will be valid. If you hit ok, the game will be logged. This information will be echoed to you in the feedback section of the screen (see below).

I have started working on the next version of this mod, and came across the above in Ruff 1.2.0. Not being an avid SGer, I do not understand why Ruff would automatically disable, in the config file, the logger on every new game start and every time a game loads, but since he is I must assume it is useful for him. I do see this as rather confusing to someone using the mod for the first time, especially since it was confusing to me what was happening until I read the code in autologEventManager.py. I think I should keep it automatically logging by default and make that an option. What do you all think?

I was wondering, is there any modder out there who has managed to make it possible to enable or disable a mod implemented with XML only? I think for now the three ones I have (Music, Quotes, Colors) can still be disabled by deleting or renaming the appropriate XML files, but I will want to add mods for which this is not the case.

This is probably a noob question, but is there a way for the computer to randomly give names to my units/great people instead of the "4 of 7 unit blah, blah blah". I'm getting tired of coming up with names for my units.

Great Mod, by the way:goodjob:

mrwhite89 said:
This is probably a noob question, but is there a way for the computer to randomly give names to my units/great people instead of the "4 of 7 unit blah, blah blah". I'm getting tired of coming up with names for my units.

Great Mod, by the way:goodjob:

I'm happy to answer any question. I'm new to both modding and Civ4 myself.

Find the file RuffMod.ini. It should be located just outside your Assets or CustomAssets directory. Open it with a text editor such as Notepad. Find the text "[UNITNAME]". Here you will see five methods for unit naming presented in the comments. Option 1 is for totally random names, and option 2 is for random names based on civilization type (although I'm pretty sure they don't do anything differently, it always makes Celtic sounding names). Change the number where it says "Method =" to either 1 or 2.

Credit TheLopez for the random names and Ruff for combining the unit naming mods.

@Ruff: The combined unit naming mod is clearly awesome. I hope you will consider merging whichever changes you like back into your mod.

I'm a little befuddled - how do I install this? The .zip download just has all the files located inside of it but there's no installation file that I could find. I have added mods before so understand where the main mod folder should be but how do I know where each file goes within the assets folders?

Mahatmajon said:
I'm a little befuddled - how do I install this? The .zip download just has all the files located inside of it but there's no installation file that I could find. I have added mods before so understand where the main mod folder should be but how do I know where each file goes within the assets folders?

I'm not sure what the question is exactly, there is no "installation file". All the files in the Assets subfolder... go in the Assets subfolder. :confused:

I had tried to write installation instructions, did they not make any sense? :sad:

Gaurav said:
To install normally, copy the folder named "Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod" to the MODS folder in your game installation folder. This is usually at C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods....

Edit: Your zip program should have recreated the directory structure when you extracted them. Did it, or are all the files in one directory?

Guarav said:
To install normally, copy the folder named "Yet Another Unaltered Gameplay Mod" to the MODS folder in your game installation folder. This is usually at C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\Mods....

I haven't downloaded this mod, but, with Alerum's, you could simply replace the custom assets folder from the Civ 4 folder with the folder of the same name from the Alerum's modpack folder. I'm not sure if this will work for this mod, but it might.
Also, this allows the modpack to be the default interface with the game; that way, you don't have to load the mod each time you want to play.

Top Bottom