Yet (not) Another Bit Map Converter - An easier way to create maps for Civ 6

Hi, Zobtzler! I'm running into an error where the program generates floodplains where there shouldn't be any. I've checked the colors on those tiles in GIMP, and I have no idea what the issue is.

Furthermore, I am unable to export the map to the log in Worldbuilder after fine-tuning, so I can only make the changes in the code itself or by fixing the issue in the bitmap converter.

I would love some advice on this. Thanks!

20190625184025_1.jpg 20190625184032_1.jpg 20190625184035_1.jpg

Attachments

• EnormousEastAsiaScale.xcf.bmp
    1.2 MB · Views: 199
The floodplains are at the moment automatically generated. If Gedemon includes an option in YnAMP to disable this, I'll add it to the program

Regarding the coastal lowlands, the same goes here. If Gedemon includes it in YnAMP, I'll add it.

The floodplains are at the moment automatically generated. If Gedemon includes an option in YnAMP to disable this, I'll add it to the program

Regarding the coastal lowlands, the same goes here. If Gedemon includes it in YnAMP, I'll add it.
So sorry! I didn’t realize that they were auto-generated. Thanks for the help!

So sorry! I didn’t realize that they were auto-generated. Thanks for the help!
I've updated the program so that you can place out lowland tiles yourself now :)
Need to wait with playing these maps until @Gedemon has updated his YnAMP scripts though, so that they recognise the added lowland functionality.

Unfortunately, the map does not start in the game via the log file

And the floodplains of the rivers are not visually visible. They look like a meadow.

Hi. First of all, thank you so much for making this tool, it's a godsend for we coding inept.

I've come across a problem as it relates to Natural Wonder placement however, insofar that despite both the preferred placement being correct in the world builder editor and world builder map before committing the map to a mod via your .exe - as well as the placement coordinates in the "Map" file being correct after the mod has been created - some natural wonders larger than one tile appear to snap into a random position/facing for reasons I can't decipher.

To provide an example below, one of these is the Giant's Causeway (though I have noticed it with others also, such as the Great Barrier Reef, Torres del Paine, Galapagos islands etc).

As you can see, despite the Giant's Causeway being correctly situated in the first image (world builder editor + map) along X = 12 Y = 55, X = 13 Y = 56, the .exe ignores this in the creation of the mod as well as the coding within "Map", instead placing it along X = 12 Y = 55, X = 12 Y = 56.

<Replace MapName="Coyote_CoyoteTheAncientWorld_Map" X="12" Y="55" FeatureType="FEATURE_GIANTS_CAUSEWAY" TerrainType="TERRAIN_PLAINS" />
<Replace MapName="Coyote_CoyoteTheAncientWorld_Map" X="13" Y="56" FeatureType="FEATURE_GIANTS_CAUSEWAY" TerrainType="TERRAIN_COAST" />

I know for a fact my map name is correct since true start locations work just fine, as well as many other natural wonders being in their desired position/facing on the map.

TIA if you can provide any insight or ideas on what may be going wrong!

Attachments

• WorldBuilderExample1.png
    WorldBuilderExample1.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • YnAMPConverterExample1.png
    YnAMPConverterExample1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I'm trying this program out but I'm only seeing terrain when I load in world builder. No hills, mountains, forests, jungles, lowlands, continents.
Attaching my Bitmap, let me know if there's anything else I can include.

Thank you,

Attachments

• civ6NA map.bmp
    514.9 KB · Views: 0
Top Bottom